View Full Version : [RBY] Rmt Old School Team

DaBlackBandit
2nd March 2004, 10:55 AM
Jynx
Lovely Kiss
Substitute
Blizzard
Body Slam/Psychic

LK for Sleep. Sub up. then Blizzard for a STAB and high special power, then Body Slam for other Psychics. Zammy and Jynx

Venusaur
Sleep Powder
Swords Dance
Body Slam/Double-Edge
Razor Leaf

this is the standard, but I'm thinking of putting Double-Edge for more power, for when they switch to there Flyer or Ice type or Psychic type. since Most Psychic except Eggy, have low defense.

Sandslash
Substitute/Body Slam
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide

after one Swords Dance, this guy can sweep.

Chansey
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt/Counter
Ice Beam/Seismic Toss
Softboiled

Counter + Seismic Toss are for Stadium, Bolt/Beam are for on-line battles and gamelink.

Articuno
Double Team
Rest
Ice Beam
Fly

I know Double-Resters are hated, but this set kicks but. If you dont' like that I will put another set

(Articuno 2)
Reflect
Rest
Blizzard
Ice Beam

Blizzard for a STAB and hard hitting special. and Ice Beam is for freezing. Reflect is for padding my stats, then I can heal with rest.

Hypno(1)
Thunder Wave
Psychic
Reflect
Rest

This is the standard and works very well with my Jynx, but I liked the old one I had, very annoying and could hit everything.

Hypno(2)
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Rest
Seismic Toss

NO STAB, but hits everything equally. plus paralysis and protection against other statues effectors.

Green_Pikachu
3rd March 2004, 03:08 PM
this team looks pretty solid.

for jynx, i don't know if sacrificing psychic to get body slam on her is a good idea. i think if anything has to go, it has to be substitute. definitely stick with psychic though. those special falls are big.

i like body slam. that chance of paralyzation is just too important. plus, i don't like that icky recoil, and with a few S'dances, depending on the pokemon you hit, you might be taking some sick recoil.

sandslash is nice. and with these body slams providing some par support, slash could wreck some havoc. i never really liked him a whole lot, because i prefer golem/rhydon who eat explosions, which are so rampant throughout the metagame.

chansey is nice. although i prefer reflect on there, probably over tbolt. reflect/twave/softboiled is nice annoyance. ice beam is sufficient enough for an attack. you CAN use tbolt if you really want, though. just giving you an alternative.

articuno is looking good (the second one :P). reflect/rest is always nice, and with that special, you might be able to leave him out to rest, depending who the opponent has out there. i like the ice beam/blizz combo. blizz is just too little PP for it being the only move, and there isn't a whole lot else to put on it.

Hypno, i like the second set, except with psychic over sub. so i guess its kinda like the first one too, except with s-toss over reflect, haha. resting hypno is a must. don't leave home without it. it can stall and stall and stall kazam one on one. depending on who gets the special falling luck. :/

overall, i'm seeing an extreme lack of physical attackers. i know you have swords dance venusaur, and bslam on jynx, but i'm more or less referring to tauros/persian/snorlax/dodrio, the big physical attackers of the metagame. and no eggy is interesting either. eggy is one of a kind. starmie can always double as a kazam, and many other pokemon are interchangeable, but eggy is the one mainstay i always see on rby teams. interesting how you left him out. i'd like to hear your reasoning. although, of course this could just be a random, non-competitive team. anyway, over its solid. good job. rby is still the best version

topgun534
5th March 2004, 03:09 PM
Jynx - I'm not sure about what is good for this guy or not... so I'm gonna say it's pretty good from what I see

Venesaur - Adding solar beam when it gets to a high enough level is good... I like the razor leaf w/ the great critical hit ratio and the body slam/double egde for those that grass attacks don't work well against

Sandslash - Earthquake is totally awesome I think... otherwise very nice

Chansey - I have this thing against Chanseys for battling... I think they're totally useless, because it's attack is so low and it's only main cause is to die out there for you lol

Articuno - Try adding maybe a blizzard, but I like the accuracy of the ice beam and such... along with fly

Hypo - Good with the psycic attacks

hope this helps :)

RaZoR LeAf
6th March 2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by topgun534
Chansey - I have this thing against Chanseys for battling... I think they're totally useless, because it's attack is so low and it's only main cause is to die out there for you lol

Chansey does have a SPECIAL stat you know, hence the moveset being made up of special attacks.

--

Jynx deserves Psychic more than Body Slam. She just doesn't have the attack to pull it off, a STABed blizzard will do more to another Psychic type anyway.

The rest seem fine to me, I'd go for Articuno 2, because i'm one of those haters. As for Hypno, I've usedset 1 all the time and found it to be the best, though I've not tried him without Psychic before, so you'd have to test the set out.