PDA

View Full Version : Exp. Share

GirlRepellant
2nd March 2004, 10:58 AM
Where can I find it? Thank you.

Poryhedron
2nd March 2004, 05:49 PM
Hmm...in the old game, you were given the Exp. All by Prof. Oak's aide on the upper floor of a guard house near Fucshia City if you had at least 50 species' data in your Pokédex. Have you checked there?

soggy_cardboard
2nd March 2004, 08:25 PM
Yup, I just got it.
Its the East guard tower of Fucshia City, like Poryhedron said.

It looks like a little brain-amplifier-helmet-thingee :D

kiera2
2nd March 2004, 09:17 PM
Yeah, it looks sooo cool ^.^

I just love the way you can sort out all the held items in the PC now. And how they all have pictures.

topgun534
3rd March 2004, 07:17 PM
hmmm.... this might be kinda random, but how many of you actually use the Exp. Share?....

AndrewPDes
3rd March 2004, 07:21 PM
I do, seeing how it is an essensial item for EV training.

kiera2
3rd March 2004, 07:44 PM
I'm using it to evolve stuff for the pokedex while I'm training up my team to beat the E4 and solve my money problems - they're suddenly much harder after catching Mewtwo!

GirlRepellant
3rd March 2004, 07:53 PM
It's gonna be nice when I catch my Shellder, to raise that thing up from level 20 to 49 (when it learns Ice Beam) would be a burdon. But ugh... they really make you work to get Exp Share in this game! Catching 50 species... I normally focus on just raising pokemon that I use and catching new ones when I feel like it...

kiera2
4th March 2004, 03:26 AM
I usually do that - not bother about the Pokedex until after I finish the rest of the game. But when I remembered you needed Pokedex data to get stuff like Exp Share, I started just catching Pokemon whenever I saw one I didn't have. That way I had about 60 or 65 by that stage of the game.

Working on my Pokedex now that I've more or less finished everything else. I caught Mewtwo about three days ago, and I'm saving my Master Ball for Suicune when I run into it. Meanwhile I've started training, evolving, trading with Ruby, etc.

Currently seen 145, caught 103 in my Kanto Dex, and seen 198, caught 134 in the National Dex. I s'pose I should really go start playing through Leaf Green a bit.. I traded over the other starters but I need to get things like Kabuto, and the version specific Pokemon.