PDA

View Full Version : psp connectivity confirmed

probationsmack
2nd March 2004, 05:53 PM
sony seems to like the idea that originated with the snk neogeo-dreamcast connectivity
http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6090436.html
so yes, psp will connect to ps2, and all of the nintendo dissenters will praise sony connectivity to no end
also,i predict EA sports will finally put a secret play option (via the connected portable) in their madden series, whereas they shafted it on the gamecube-gameboyadvance version for the past three years (two?)

Razola
2nd March 2004, 06:31 PM
Could you play an American Football game with a GBA (or PSP) that well? It's a good idea, but the two may lack the buttons to do it well.

Nintendo is getting burned on connectivity because they are doing it instead of online games. I could honestly care less, as long as I get split screen...and maybe some LAN.

I wouldn't be surpised if Crystal Chronicles ports to the PS2 if this connectivity goes far enough.

probationsmack
2nd March 2004, 08:38 PM
i meant that you can use the RAM on the gameboy for choosing play schemes and such without it showing onscreen when it is connected to the gamecube, its an obvious thing to use connectivity for, but everone gives nintendo the shaft, but expect to see such features for the psp-ps2 hook up

killerclaw
13th March 2004, 08:55 PM
great- now the price will be even higher:(

Yoh Asakura
14th March 2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by killerclaw
great- now the price will be even higher:(

If they want to go head to head with Nintendo then they'll have to keep the price cheap, it's where everybody fails.

Razola
15th March 2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by YAMI YUGI™
If they want to go head to head with Nintendo then they'll have to keep the price cheap, it's where everybody fails.
Exactly. N-Gage screwed that up big time. Nobody wants a $300 handheld when they can get two of the current generation consoles for that price.

I hope Sony has better foresight than Nokia, but only time will tell. It has been delayed, hopefully to try to keep the thing cheap.

Yoh Asakura
16th March 2004, 01:00 PM
I personally think Sony will hold back untill Ninty release the Duel Screen so they can grab some ideas and get an idea of the price range so they can hover near it.