PDA

View Full Version : karasarisu and Mayorudo

pokecenter
12th January 2003, 11:25 PM
hi
I went to PokeMasters.net's list of obtainable pokemon in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, which is here

http://www.pokemasters.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=210&page=1

I found an error about these two Pokemon, karasarisu and Mayorudo and their evolutions (#14 - #18)

#14 is Kemusso, and according to PokeMasters.net, it will evolve into karasarisu in day and Mayorudo in night... Well... as you know, since there is NO DAY OR NIGHT distinction... therefore this information is wrong!

Also, to prove my theory, I went to Touka Wood and catch Kemusso to try, I notice that is the Kemusso you caught is male, then it evolves into karasarisu, and if it was female it evolves into Mayorudo...

Furthermore, we can say that all Agehunto, the evolve form of karasarisu is all male, and all Dodukeiru, the evolve form of Mayorudo are all female. I also prove this by using different gender to use Attract to test out!

hope this error can be corrected in no time:D

soggy_cardboard
12th January 2003, 11:32 PM
well, there is no day or night due to an error in the rom

and well, for this sex thing.....
i have a female MAYURUDO (butterfly)
and a male DOKUKEIRU (moth)

so i presume u are right, but im too lazy too test it

Azura Stardust
13th January 2003, 02:57 AM
It is not the female/male thing. Seriously. Swear.

And there is no day-night GRAPHICALLY, but there still is a clock (like the one in your room.) and there TECHNICALLY is day and night.

Ok.

Dave
13th January 2003, 02:13 PM
Listen to Azura. There is no dark time at night, but theres are times of day - pokemon that appear in morning, day, night, events that happen... Myurudo evolves at night, Karasariso at day. I found it a lot easier not to bother and just catch the two wild in Touka Woods.

rinku
13th January 2003, 04:12 PM
If you set the clock in your room to the real world time, all you need to know if it's day or night is to look at your real world watch. The fact that the game hasn't gotten darker just means that Nintendo probably got a lot of feedback about how hard it was to play the game at (real world) night.

The Muffin Man
13th January 2003, 04:44 PM
I believe the lack of a backlight forced them to go with the obvious option of keeping it light even at night...

and the moth and butterfly are day-night alternatives. Not gender.

and Solarock and Lunatoon are GENDERLESS

phantasmal
13th January 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
I believe the lack of a backlight forced them to go with the obvious option of keeping it light even at night...

and the moth and butterfly are day-night alternatives. Not gender.

and Solarock and Lunatoon are GENDERLESS

Which won't be the case with GBA-SP, for those of you getting one... like myself.

RaZoR LeAf
14th January 2003, 02:18 AM
Karasarisu learns Morning Sun

Mayorudo learns Moonlight

This is one of the biggest pointers that the evolution occurs at the relational day or night.

My biggest wonder is how you can get both when the time is locked on the rom. Evening?

No Nonsense
14th January 2003, 10:33 AM
You can already get both because the cocoon stage of the evolutionary chain can be caught in touka woods so none of the day/night crap applies beacuse they are 2 different pokemon and their evolutions have already been determined ;)

rinku
14th January 2003, 04:39 PM
Getting the second stage in Touka woods is fine, unless you want to have poison string, tackle or string shot. It's the old Metapod/Kakuna thing - wild Karasarisu and Mayurudo only come with Harden, though they both learn a move on evolving at L10. I'd advise levelling up Mayurudo/Dokukeiru from a Kemusso as it gets a STAB on Poison Sting, and that Poison/Confusion combo is handy in the 2nd Gym. Agehanto doesn't really want or need them. A good candidate for levelling up in the daycare centre IMHO.