PDA

View Full Version : SSBM event 51 help (i beat it already, but)

Kari and Mewtwo
12th January 2003, 11:40 PM
its just that, i'd rather use someone other than jigglypuff to clear this event (ya, i practically 2hko gigabowser every time). but i always get my arse kicked (whenever i'm ganged up by 2 or more guys, i suck horribly)

Joshua Neal
13th January 2003, 09:55 AM
I think I used Roy to beat Event #51 in my SSBM game but your best bet is to use Ganondorf because thats who it recomends using in my players guide for the game but if you want to use another character it really doesn't matter who you use as long as you can beat it.

I hope that helps you out Kari & Mewtwo.

Charizard
13th January 2003, 05:26 PM
You can also try Samus, she got loads of long ranged weaponry. I beat it E51 on my first try with her.

Last Exile
14th January 2003, 06:00 AM
I could only do it with Jigglypuff, as suggested by the guide I got. Once I could time Rest well, it finally happened. If you really want to do it with someone else, use anyone that has a powerful attack. Ganondorf and Roy are decent options, but the time of buildup power is a problem. But if you've got a character you rule with, try it. My best character was Kirby, so as if I could use it to win Event 51. Maybe Captain Falcon could do it too, he's got Falcon Punch.

Dark Scizor
17th January 2003, 03:57 PM
I never really tried to use it with Ganondorf or Jigglypuff at first, i used Fox since i was in a Fox frenzy at the time. I took me a couple of goes, but i eventually did it. But i think who-ever you choose, Giga Bowser is obviously the biggest threat In my opinion. Mewtwo and Ganondorf are just annoying.

Ultimate Pikachu
2nd March 2003, 09:36 AM
I don't have 51 yet, but I heard of a Kirby strategy were you float away and come back. Giga Bowser and Ganondork should fall, but Mewtwo has a good recovery move.

Yosmon
4th March 2003, 10:34 AM
i beat it with yoshi... i only lost one life... kept throwing eggs ath them and jumping over then repeating untill there all high % .. then just down pound above them a few times.. and repeat, should only get hit if ya jump to short of wait to long before jumping.

MewTwoRulez
4th March 2003, 03:05 PM
I BEat it with Gannondorf, Even though he is Super slow and theres another Gannondorf, I only lost 1 life. I chose gannondorf Because he is my best character. BTW how many trophies does everyone hav, Ive had the game for a year and have 284! I Still need 6!

-M2R [150]

RJdude
4th March 2003, 04:19 PM
I have around 276 (including all the lottery ones) eight short of what you have (I've only had it for a couple of months) Which ones don't you have?

Oh yeah, I've never been able to beat it with anyone other then Jigglypuff. The clostest I've gotten w/ somebody else was Ganondorf, even though it still wasn't all that close.

MewTwoRulez
4th March 2003, 04:56 PM
RJ-Im missing only 5 I just checked)

Captin Olimar-All i gotta do is rent pikmin nuff said

Smash Coins-Play over 100 coin battles

Diskun-Achive all end of level bonus and penalties,
VERY TIME CONSUMING

Crazy Hand - Complete Adventure on Hard or V. Hard w/o continuing

Food-Play over 1000 VS battles

-M2R [150]

Kari and Mewtwo
4th March 2003, 05:53 PM
i only have aroun 227, i think..

btw, i just cleared event 51 with mewtwo and sheer dumb luck.

but since everyone reccomends ganondorf, i guess i'll give it a spin

red13n
4th March 2003, 10:24 PM
Its possible to do it with every character in the game, and its not all that difficult either. Just practice, and learn to pick your battles. Know when and how to attack so that when you are finished the computer isnt going to crush you. I did it with Fox the other day(Cousin got to my SSBM mem card the other day, so I have everything over again), and it wasn't all that difficult. It was easy in fact, Fox being my best character. Just practice with any character you want to beat it with, and eventually you should be able to beat it.