PDA

View Full Version : 5 New AG dub titles.

Zak
3rd March 2004, 10:15 PM
Yeah, this time I got them from Serebii and BMG, and since nobody posted them here I'll do it.

Japanese
English

Secret Pond! Full of Mudkip!
A Mudkip Mission!

Attack of the Nuzleaf Family!
Turning Over a Nuzleaf

Team Magma VS Team Aqua! Secret Base Battle!
A Three Team Scheme

Beautifly and Dustox! The Result of Evolution!
Seeing is Believing

The Startling Sableye!
Ready, Willing, and Sableye!

Meditite and the Battle Girl! In a Storm!
A Meditite Fight

Most of these suck, I like the Three Team Scheme though.

Reusing old puns... bad. However, I seriously hope this is one of the rare times when the schedules have that title, but at the last minute they find out it's wrong. Remember the Tyrogue eppie being listed as "Fit to be Tyrogued" until it aired and was actually "The Tyrogue Full of Trouble". Also the Houndoom ep was changed at the last minute from "Howl of the Houndoom" to "Houndoom's special delivery. And the Phanpy ep was "Phanpy's Phantastic Arrival", and what a surprise it was when watching it, it became "Hatching a Plan". I hope one of these titles is suffering the same thing. That rarely happens though, but we can only hope.

One last thing, someone mind explaining the Sableye pun?

~Zak

have a stammer
3rd March 2004, 10:38 PM
the pun for Ready, Willing, and Sableye! is Ready, Willing and ABLE.

Although i don't see the reason for this saying relating to the Episode or even rhyming in any way, but this might be one
they do change the title

Zak
3rd March 2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by have a stammer
the pun for Ready, Willing, and Sableye! is Ready, Willing and ABLE.

Although i don't see the reason for this saying relating to the Episode or even rhyming in any way, but this might be one
they do change the title

Well, it is about bravery, and trying to teach Corphish that it isn't 'all that'.
When I mentioned the last minute title changes, my mind was on the Nuzleaf ep.

~Zak

Nevermore
4th March 2004, 03:02 AM
It's a shame they already used it, because "Turning Over A Nuzleaf" is actually a better version of that pun.

And "Seeing Is Believing" isn't too bad as these titles go. It could've been worse. Much worse. At least it has some relevance.

Chris 2.1
4th March 2004, 06:33 AM
Zak - that was 6 dubs ;)

A Mudkip Mission: Well, this gives it the impression the group are on a mission to find a mudkip, but IIRC, they stumble on the secret pond by chance...

Turning over a Nuzleaf: I am presuming the Nuzleaf become good at the end? Personally I prefer the old title with this pun, Turning over a new Bayleef because that explained Bayleef and Ash got off a little shakily, and after rescuing her, Ash and his Bayleef started fresh. Meh, this one does suck.

A Three Team Scheme! - I like this one! Nice and catchy.:yes:

Seeing is Believing: This isn't bad, either: Jesse has to see her Dustox to believe she never had a Silcoon, I guess. I like it :yes:

Ready, Willing and Sableye: I'm divided on this one; it's an Ok title, there have been much worse puns, but I dunno. 50/50

A Meditite Fight: Yea, this one's good. I mean, Pika fights Meditite, don't it? I reckon this is a good one :yes: