PDA

View Full Version : EP. #343 Dancing Battle! Ludicolo! (no lombre evo.)

have a stammer
4th March 2004, 06:40 PM
Well first off the Ludicolo is NOT the evolved form of Brock's Lombre, Rather it belongs to a man named "Pancho" which is rather uncreative. And he controls his pokemon with the rhythm from his bongos.

From the clip it appears that it is Corphish's time to shine as it is shown through out the clip rather determined to beat Ludicolo.

The translation makes little sense to me, but im sure some will be kind enough to put up the translation. What i got from it is Ash sees this as a perfect time to train his pokemon for his return to the Petalburg gym.

* and it appears that Grovyle does obey Ash, so that myth can be put to rest

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/067.jpg

Corphish takin it to your face!

Zak
5th March 2004, 12:40 AM
Well, from what I hear, Ash wants to battle Ludicolo using Grovyle, but Corphish insists Ash let it battle instead. Corphish is jealous of Grovyle, like Chikorita was of Pikachu. Also, from what I gathered, Corphish has interest in evolving as well, so it plans to battle Ludicolo to help that. However, I'm not sure about that. Corphish may be trying to prove to Ash it's just as good a battler despite having no evolution, because it feels that Ash favors Grovyle since it's at a higher stage. He probably doesn't, Corphish always struck me as the paranoid type.

However, maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure I heard "Heigani" and "Shinka" in the same sentence...

~Zak

Gaborn
5th March 2004, 01:17 AM
I got the same impression as Zak when i watched the preview for next weeks episode. Corphish and Treecko were buddies, and now the lobster must feel like he is falling behind. I hope he beats that Ludiculo down with his awesome crustacean powers.

Animelee
5th March 2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Zak
However, maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure I heard "Heigani" and "Shinka" in the same sentence...

~Zak

Wasn't just you, Satoshi definitely says that in the preview. I just came here to post that, what a coincidence, LOL.

For those of you who may not know what "shinka" means, it's "evolve".

Chris 2.1
5th March 2004, 06:25 AM
I've seen a screenshot of Ludicolo either using or being hit by an ice beam, maybe Corphish learns it in this episode? Or is it simply Ludicolo's attack?

soggy_cardboard
15th March 2004, 04:58 PM
My guess is that its Ludicolo's.
It is commonly taught to him to cover his fly weakness, and Corphish doesn't learn it naturally.

Zak
15th March 2004, 06:22 PM
Nah, Corphish didn't learn any new attack, oh well.

The main point of this episode was to introduce the pet peeve of Corphish's jealousy towards Grovyle.

~Zak

Nameless
16th March 2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Zak
Nah, Corphish didn't learn any new attack, oh well.

The main point of this episode was to introduce the pet peeve of Corphish's jealousy towards Grovyle.

~Zak

Yeah...Corpfish gets his butt whooped badly by the Ludicolo. Then tries to challenge it again but the Ludicolo and it's trainer gets captured by TR(As usual, their pathetic fantasy of how great it'll be for Giovanni), Corpfish copys Grovyle's moves to take out TR.

In the end, Ash rechallenges Ludicolo with TORKOAL!

So technically, Corpfish didn't prove anything like no need to evolve or even learn an attack. Since when did taking out TR prove you don't need to evolve?

So yeah, like Zak said, just to show Corpfish's jealousy with Grovyle.

Corpfish has a long way to go to keep up with Grovyle since he started late and hasn't been in as many intense battles as Treecko has been. So if it's wanting to evolve, it'll need to battle more and more like Treecko did.

Funny though, someone pointed this out. Corpfish finally evolves into Crawdaunt, making it on par with Grovyle, then grovyle evolves to SCEPTILE! THen Crawdaunt would be like darn!

And Grovyle looks awfully more like a teenager rather than a pokemon.