PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon2004.jp --- UPDATED!!!

Zak
5th March 2004, 06:40 PM
Yep, there's a new trailer. Damn Flash-based official sites, hard to get the shortcuts >_<. But there's a lot more than the trailer, a little info on the story and pictures, so I'm sure you'd be able to find the way around it once getting to www.pokemon2004.jp .

ALL THREE DEOXYS' ARE IN IT!

Story...

Ash and co arrive in LaRousse City, which is one of those high-tech metropolises like the Las Vegas or Vancouver of the Pokemon World. In there, they meet the scientist Professor Rondo and his son Tooi, who are busy studying Pokemon who live in an Icy field. Suddenly, a meteor crashes in the middle of the field, and it sprouts the three Deoxys, and the legendary Rayquaza.

Also, Plusle and Minun seem to play an active role in the movie... and I'm afraid there is no Pikachu short :(. Well, there is still a chance, but it's highly unlikely, for we would have long known about it. I think they belong to Tooi and Professor Rondo.

I'm sure you've heard about the brief "Double Battle" Ash and May have. Well, they are against two trainers named Shouta and Ryuu. Shouta uses Blastoise, while Ryuu uses Blaziken. That's where they both come from, so those rumors about Gary or Harrisson returning can go to hell. Ash and May use... Pikachu and Torkoal. Odd, I'd have expected her to use one of her own Pokemon. Unless there's the highly unlikely chance of her getting a Pikachu or a Torkoal of her own... not sure who's controlling which one.

However, as I said we know what Blastoise and Blaziken's roles are and they aren't Gary or Harrisson, but I mentioned before that there will be a Metagross also in this movie. This has been confirmed by a CoroCoro, according to Palette, but there hasn't been anything on the official movie 7 site. We don't know who's it is, so there's still no evidence AGAINST it being Steven's, but I find it highly unlikely. My guess is it'll belong to Rondo, and he'll use it to help research the meteors, being a meteor himself and all. That's my speculation.

~Zak

DannyBoy
5th March 2004, 07:41 PM
I watched the preview to and it looks amazing! The attacks being used look really good. The metor falling looks real to a point. It would be interesting to see May with a Pikachu because it looks like both of them are throwing a pokeball and they do go by the Safari Zone in Hoenn I bet. That would be very interesting to see. But it looks as if Dexoy's is the good guy strangly. Raquazaa looks evil in this. But the way this looks, I can't wait to see!

Rei_Zero
5th March 2004, 08:25 PM
Rayquaza doesn't look evil. He looks like a dragon. Deoxys, now he looks evil.

Mikey
5th March 2004, 08:47 PM
It doesn't look like there are three Deoxys in it. It just seems like Deoxys can take different forms. You can tell by the way it morphs throughout the trailer

Anyways, It looks pretty cool, but I hope to god its better than the crappy movies they have been releasing lately.

Zak
5th March 2004, 11:48 PM
XD hopefully if it turns out to be a success that even Miramax and 4kids enjoy, perhaps they will dub it.

~Zak

Water Pokemon Master
6th March 2004, 03:35 AM
Maybe Rayquaza is part of Deoxys or something. As in since they were seen together, maybe Deoxys split itself from Rayquaza kind of like Majin Buu. Or it could be possible that when Deoxys came to the earth, it smacked right into Rayquaza and hit it.

I bet that boy in the trailer will play a major role in the movie. Something about him is weird, and I can't put my finger on it. He kind of looks like Mr. Stone and Steven, too.

Chris 2.1
6th March 2004, 05:27 PM
I guess it's nice seeing May battle; I guess Torchic wouldn't do too well in that battle anyway ^^. I suppose she can just battle with Torkoal, I'm sure Ash will fight with Pikachu.

Animelee
6th March 2004, 09:20 PM
Deoxys looks like an evil genius, trying to take over LaRousse City's technology, or something. Remember Dr.Claw from Inspector Gadget? Yeah, THAT evil, man.

Rayquaza looks like he's a guardian or some sorts, and he's going to be helping out Satoshi and his friends defeat Deoxys.

It looks to be one Deoxys that takes on three different forms, but no one can ever be sure until we see more info.

Heh, notice how all the starring Pokémon have the same names in Japanese and English? Deoxys, Rayquaza, Plusle, Minun, Metagross, etc. Well, except for Basharmo and Kamex (Blaziken and Blastoise), but they're probably a small part of it. I guess Nintendo of America plans things out with Nintendo of Japan, GAME FREAK, and OLM, so certain names will match. Probably the reason why legendary Pokémon share the same names in every language (Japanese, English, French, German).

Pewter City Geodude
6th March 2004, 09:42 PM
The scene with Ash and May throwing Pokeballs, and then the next scene with Pikachu and Torkoal dodging attacks, are from two different battles. They're obviously not from the same battle because Ash and May both threw Pokeballs and one of the Pokemon was Pikachu.

greatfire
7th March 2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Zak
Damn Flash-based official sites, hard to get the shortcuts >_<.It isn't.
Medium Quality (7.54 Mb) (http://www.pokemon2004.jp/swf/trailer/movie2_l.swf)
Low Quality (1.90 Mb) (http://www.pokemon2004.jp/swf/trailer/movie2_s.swf)
Remember to right-click and select play to view them using the IE, they are in Flash format.

Rei_Zero
7th March 2004, 11:53 PM
You never know. We don't actually see I pokeball, just them pulling back their arms. Ash could just be pointing forward while May actually is throwing a pokeball.

Pewter City Geodude
8th March 2004, 12:02 AM
Somebody said the backgrounds for both scenes were different as well if you look closely. I didn't notice that myself, I'll have to watch again to find out.

Zhen Lin
8th March 2004, 01:25 AM
From the storybook:

突然、遠い宇宙からやってきた隕石が、大氷原に激突した。

氷原に住むポケモンの調査に来ていた科学者、ロンド博士の観測隊と息子のトオイは、落下の激しい爆風に巻き 込まれてしまう。

周囲をおおう水蒸気の中には幻のポケモン《デオキシス》の影がさらにそこへ"てんくうポケモン"《レックウザ》が姿の現し、激しいバトルを繰り広げる!

ハイテク都市、ラルースシティへやってきたサトシとピカチュウたちは、この街のバトルタワーで行われるポケ モンバトルに挑戦しようとしていた。

そので偶然知り合った少年、それがトオイだった。

トオイは四年前の激しいバトルのせいですっかりポケモンが苦手になっていた。

そんなトオイの心を開こうとするサトシとピカチュウたち。

しかしそこへ突然現れる、幻のポケモン《デオキシス》。

デオキシスの狙いは?

そしてデオキシスに隠された秘密とは?ハイテクシティを舞台に、ポケモン史上最大のアドベンチャーが始める !

Suddenly, from the depths of space, comes a meteorite, which crashes into an ice field.

In the ice field, scientists from Dr. Rondo's observation team and his son Too'i, who came to a pokemon investigation, are engulfed in the violent blast of the impact.

In the steam concealing the surroundings, there is a sillhouette of the mythical(?) Pokemon Deoxys , furthermore the sky Pokemon Rayquaza's appears -- a violent battle unfolds.

Satoshi and co. comes to the high-tech Larousse City, and goes to the battle tower to engage in Pokemon battle.

Unexpectedly, an [old?] acquantaince, Too'i is encountered.

[The rest of the translation is by Murgatroyd]

Tooi, because of the violent battle four years ago, has become utterly unable to deal with pokemon.

And continuing the translation from there:
Satoshi & co. try to open Tooi's mind.
But then, the mythical* pokemon Deoxys appears. What is Deoxys's intent? And what is the secret hidden in Deoxys? With the high-tech city as its stage, the greatest adventure in pokemon history begins.

*Maboroshi is one of the two words commonly used to refer to the pokemon called "legendary" in English. It more literally means "illusion", referring to something which can be seen though it is not real. It has been used to refer to Lugia, Houou, and Mew, and probably others as well, though I don't remember specific instances.
(The other of the two words is densetsu no, which does mean "legendary".)

Rei_Zero
8th March 2004, 08:52 PM
If you look even close you'll see that the differences are merely hexagonal holes with lighting in them that are only in part of the walls. It could just as easily have been that the shot with May and Ash don't encompass the lights.

Legends-Kuja
13th March 2004, 07:45 AM
Question: In the main site, Too'i is holding something in his right hand. Looks like a flame. WHAT IS IT?!

*Murkrow
13th March 2004, 10:50 AM
Well, that translation from Zhen/Murgatroyed was..interesting, to say the least.

But anyway, one thing that's really annoying me, is the fact that those two stupid Pichu wanabes (Plusle and Minun if for some reason you don't know what I'm talking about) are in it. Why couldn't some rather more, hmm, lets see....origional Pokémon be included?

And it's a pity those two Pokémon being in it will ruin it slightly for me, because this movie sound pretty good otherwise, especially Deoxys-the fact that it's three forms are featured sounds great, and if the poster showing all three is something to go by, they'll all look fantastic :) Deoxys is fast becoming a favourite of mine, and seeing it in the animé form is going to be fun, though that's going on the fact that it will ever be released in the UK...on second thoughts, I shouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Kojiro
13th March 2004, 12:18 PM
I have a feeling Toh'i is acually Deoxys, the real one must of been killed or something, or Toh'i is possed. Why? Because in the scene where Deoxys is atttacking and max is on the ground with May,Brock, and Ash, look whos missing. And Rayquaza is attacking Ash and max becuase he is looking for Deoxys and trying to stop him. Also that last Deoxys form is not in the game right, the dark shadowed one?

And no mini-moive means more Main Action time!

*Murkrow
15th March 2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Kojiro
Also that last Deoxys form is not in the game right, the dark shadowed one?

Not RS, but I think it's the form that the FR Deoxys takes, because they look extremely similar.

woz
23rd March 2004, 03:30 PM
whoa, thanks for the news.

Legends-Kuja
26th March 2004, 03:21 PM
You mean no-one's figured out what Too'i's holding in his hand on the poster? Oh, man... I've got no time to theorize on this, but I'll be back on it later.

Legends-Kuja
9th April 2004, 11:35 AM
Nooz to the people:

Deoxys can clone itself as well as mutate. WE'RE ALL DOOMED! :scared: AAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH!

Proof at another website.

Animelee's Edit: Please don't link to that site.

Ashi-chan
10th April 2004, 03:04 PM
Heh, notice how all the starring Pokémon have the same names in Japanese and English? Deoxys, Rayquaza, Plusle, Minun, Metagross, etc. Well, except for Basharmo and Kamex (Blaziken and Blastoise), but they're probably a small part of it. I guess Nintendo of America plans things out with Nintendo of Japan, GAME FREAK, and OLM, so certain names will match. Probably the reason why legendary Pokémon share the same names in every language (Japanese, English, French, German).

I thought the legendary bird pokemon, save Lugia, had different names in the Japanese version. For the life of me, though, I can't recall any of them, except possibly Freezer for Articuno. But I could be totally wrong. ^.^;;

Animelee
10th April 2004, 03:49 PM
Oh yeah, 'cept for Freezer, Fire, and Thunder; all the legendaries have the same names. ^^; Ho-oh's is the same, like Lugia, though. :)

Zak
14th April 2004, 10:30 PM
According to Palette, its been semi-hinted in a CoroCoro that Masquerain and Surskit play a part in this. Meh, just thought I'd share that.

~Zak

Animelee
15th April 2004, 01:51 PM
Any news is good news! :D

Hmm, I bet they'll probably pop up in a battle between Satoshi and some random trainer at the beginning.

Legends-Kuja
16th April 2004, 09:06 PM
IT UPDATED AGAIN! OMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOMGOMGOMG! :eek:

Now we see that Tou'i witnessed the battle personally, as well as Deoxys and Rayquaza battling. Pika gets wounded, and Deoxys shows up right near Ash... with a personal agenda.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! :eek:

AKA Pokemon Fan
17th April 2004, 07:57 PM
What especially interests me from this trailer is how intent Deoxys seems on getting to Ash. The scene where it appears out of the darkness, pushing away the dust as Ash cradles an injured Pikachu, it is almost like it views Ash as a threat of some sort, one that it MUST destroy. It is unusual in that most legendary Pokemon we've encountered, while being interested in Ash, don't seem to so doggedly seek him out in such a combative manner. Of course it's intentions could be very different, we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps Ash simply has something it needs.

I'm with the "no one gets in, no one gets out," theory regarding the shield Deoxys produces. It is much like what one would expect if the creature has a plan and wants to make certain there will be no further interference.

And it appears that, although the copying ability is still possible, the individual Deoxys can manifest each of its three forms at will. Unless I'm mistaken it shows Deoxys being hit with a Hyper Beam and transforming into its "defense" mode to nullify the attack.

And that multi-colored attack it kept using has got to be Psycho Boost. It's about time that legendary's signature move appeared in the anime. No other's have, even the "Aeroblast" Lugia may have used in the second movie looked a lot more like a Hyper Beam to me. And it appears we see Rayquaza also using its signature move, Extremespeed.

Over all this movie looks great. ^_^

Water Pokemon Master
17th April 2004, 10:07 PM
It definately has a plan, whatever it may be. It is now totally apparent that Rayquaza is not on its side. Maybe it needs a Pokemon of each color so it can absorb its attacks or something and be invinsible towards all Pokemon, which could be why it was after Pikachu since it could be the only strong electric Pokemon around. I do believe it used some sort of electric attack when it was in its defensive form.

I am wondering what the thing it is holding is in my signature. It looks like a space capsule or something.

Also, you will notice that the one in my sig is in 3-d, which means he might be computered in some scenes.

AKA Pokemon Fan
18th April 2004, 09:06 PM
I am wondering what the thing it is holding is in my signature. It looks like a space capsule or something.
Speculation right now is that it is an egg, and that the egg may hold the mystery "?" Pokemon that is said to be playing a large role in the movie. Most recently I heard a report, not yet confirmed mind you, that the identity of this mystery Pokemon will be revealed next month. :oh:

Water Pokemon Master
18th April 2004, 09:35 PM
Perhaps Deoxys came to earth for help unlocking the egg or something. Maybe it came from another planet, and it and the egg are the only one left of its species. Ash might be the only one able to unlock it.

Then again, why was it attacking Ash and why was Ray attacking it? Maybe the thing it has is what keeps it good or in its normal form?

I don't know, I am just throwing out ideas.

Legends-Kuja
26th April 2004, 02:40 PM
I'm thinkin that egg may contain an entirely new Pokemon, as in, 4th generation. I can only hope we find more information soon. Many folks adt Serebii think that this new Pokmeon will save Pikachu and own Deoxys, and there are magazine reports that this Pokemon will be the "mascot" of this generation of Pokemon (as Marill was in GSC).

Meanwhile, I'm hard at work on Episode 15 of Darkness Hearts, which adapts this movie (somewhat).

Water Pokemon Master
26th April 2004, 02:52 PM
Yeah, the egg will most likely contain a 4th generation Pokemon since I don't think any current Pokemon are born within golden eggs.

have a stammer
26th April 2004, 03:01 PM
I'm thinkin that egg may contain an entirely new Pokemon, as in, 4th generation. I can only hope we find more information soon. Many folks adt Serebii think that this new Pokmeon will save Pikachu and own Deoxys, and there are magazine reports that this Pokemon will be the "mascot" of this generation of Pokemon (as Marill was in GSC).

Meanwhile, I'm hard at work on Episode 15 of Darkness Hearts, which adapts this movie (somewhat).

Yes, many have suspected that the "egg" if it is an egg, Will contain a pokemon from the 4th generation. However the Theory above doesn't seem to make sense. Why would Deoxy bring an "egg" of a pokemon with a pokemon inside that could destroy him. The idea that Deoxy brings this "egg" that can beat him, means.... he want his evil plans stopped? he wants to be beaten? I don't get it. Also if this "egg" did happen to contain a pokemon I doubt it would be a weak non-legendary pokemon like Marill. And i am not sure Marill was the GSC generation's mascot. I would have to go with Ho-oh and Lugia if I were to name the mascots of GSC.

classy_cat18
26th April 2004, 03:26 PM
Um, I could be way off track here, but maybe that egg contains Deoxys's child. It may or may not be male.

Also, I believe that Togepi was the mascot of the GSC generation. Anime-wise, that is.

have a stammer
26th April 2004, 04:10 PM
I know I said He and Him, but I meant "it" because I believe Deoxys is neither male or female. And the idea of a Deoxy child... I don't know, I believe it was shown in a picture form a magazine that it can clone itself. And offspring of Legendary still is being argued. I believe that Legendary do not produce offspring and that all of them are age immortal (I believe some can be killed) Like Jirachi, Celebi, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Deoxy, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Groudon, Kyogre, Regiice, Registeel, Regirock, Rayquaza, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are all immortal time wise and that there is only 1 of each. I know people will point out the episode of the Anime where they had a Lugia baby and it's mother, I thought this was terrible, Lugia is also a legendary I would classify as Immortal time wise and there would be only one, but the anime squashed that. And I believe in Pokemon Heroes they point out that there are more then just two Latios and Latias's ( I only got this from old screenshots I have never seen it) so after all that long winded crap, the summary would be I believe there is ONE and only ONE Deoxy and that is genderless, and cannot produce offspring.

AKA Pokemon Fan
28th April 2004, 08:38 PM
I know I said He and Him, but I meant "it" because I believe Deoxys is neither male or female. And the idea of a Deoxy child... I don't know, I believe it was shown in a picture form a magazine that it can clone itself. And offspring of Legendary still is being argued. I believe that Legendary do not produce offspring and that all of them are age immortal (I believe some can be killed) Like Jirachi, Celebi, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Deoxy, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Groudon, Kyogre, Regiice, Registeel, Regirock, Rayquaza, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are all immortal time wise and that there is only 1 of each. I know people will point out the episode of the Anime where they had a Lugia baby and it's mother, I thought this was terrible, Lugia is also a legendary I would classify as Immortal time wise and there would be only one, but the anime squashed that. And I believe in Pokemon Heroes they point out that there are more then just two Latios and Latias's ( I only got this from old screenshots I have never seen it) so after all that long winded crap, the summary would be I believe there is ONE and only ONE Deoxy and that is genderless, and cannot produce offspring.
I too think Deoxys is neither male or female, but you're a bit off I think in saying there are only one of most Legendaries. The game makes it so because they are so powerful, thus one per game, but from a logical standpoint there should be more than one of most as none of the Pokemon have been described in "always existing" terms and thus had to have at some point been born.

Many Celebi are seen in the fourth movie, and depending on how you interpret the scene and the words they could be seperate Celebi or ones from the past and future.

Nurse Joy in the anime refers to Articuno once makign nests in the cold mountains where she lives, birds make nests for breeding purposes.

Official books describe the Lugia and bird trilogy in the Orange Islands as being larger and more powerful than "ordinary" members of their kind but not as the only members of their species.

If it is true that Ho-oh created the Legendary Beasts then there could be only one each of Raikou, Entei and Suicune, but it isn't proven. One pokedex entry even says that there is a legend that an Entei is born every time a new volcano is formed.

There is of course only one Mewtwo, though it is technically an advanced form of the Mew species.

Having been possibly made by humans there could be only one each of the ancient Regis.

In both the Japanese and dub versions of the fifth movie there are multiple scenes showing many different Latias and Latios. The two in the city are simply ones that decided to live there and be guardians. Note that during the credits Ash sees two Latios and a Latias flying toward the city, and this is after the main Latios of the movie has died.

There is evidence that some Pokemon like Mew, Rayquaza. Kyogre and Groudon (and of course Deoxys) originally came from space and thus could be the only individuals of their kind on the planet but not in the universe. Alternatively, if Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are thought of as animate representations of natural forces then there could conceivably be only one of each. It is even possible some Legendary Pokemon may be the only surviving members of their species, with all the others having died centuries, millennia or eons ago for various reasons.

Water Pokemon Master
28th April 2004, 09:42 PM
As I have been saying, I think that the next generation of Pokemon will have something to do with space. Deoxys is from space and has just come from space with an apparent egg, so it could just be the introduction to a whole new generation. I also have a feeling that Rayquaza once came from space since it lives high up in the atmosphere. The Clefairy and Clefable are probably from space as well, which wouldn't be surprising if they did turn out to be since they stuck that concept in like the 5th episode.

[gets back feeling that Animelee knows about by just talking about it :)]

BTW, I haven't seen the Jirachi movie yet. Is Jirachi from space?

Zhen Lin
29th April 2004, 05:19 AM
Not really. But Jirachi cycles coincide with a comet orbit.

Water Pokemon Master
29th April 2004, 03:38 PM
Does it live on earth in that one rock and how do they find it in the movie?

AKA Pokemon Fan
30th April 2004, 09:54 AM
Does it live on earth in that one rock and how do they find it in the movie?
Jirachi lives in a dormant form within a stone-like cocoon most of the time. Once every thousand years however, when a certain comet/asteroid/metoerite (I forget which) passes near Earth for a period of seven days, Jirachi will awaken. This could be interpreted as meaning that Jirachi originally was from space and lived near a similar energy that this meteor produces, which in turn keeps it awake. Perhaps the meteor is the only piece of its planet left, such things remain unknown.

Butler (the movie's anti-villain) locates Jirachi's "cocoon" in a pristine untouched valley in the movie after much searching. Exactly how he located it is unknown as far as I know.

Incidentally there is a good deal of evidence that Solrock and Lunatone also come from space. They are even referred to as "meteorite" Pokemon. Metagross and its pre-evolutions are also rather otherworldly, to the extent that they move like UFOs and learn the move "Meteor Mash," a space-related move also learned by the Clefairy group.