PDA

View Full Version : Sixth Movie Special Pictures

AKA Pokemon Fan
6th March 2004, 06:37 PM
To wet everyone's appetite's for the sixth movie, and to test out my new scanner, I decided to scan some images from an art book I got about the sixth Pokemon movie (and upload one I got from the movie's website months and months ago). It's something special, the best art book released for a Pokemon movie yet I think, and as much as I like the scans they don't do the book justice. Anyway, feel free to use the images as you please, for non-commerical purposes of course, and I of course would love to recieve credit. :-p But most of all I want you to feel the happiness I felt when I saw the glorious art of this movie and the images in this book (like the Seviper image and some of the concept art).

Some notes:

Please be aware I am currently not doing any screenshot requests do to my main computer lacking an internet connection currently (all these images had to be copied and uploaded elsewhere). I may post images of my own choosing and if you like you can pm me with a really important request (from the dubbed movies and seasons through to the end of Johto Champions) but I can't guarantee anything and it could be some time before you get a response, let alone an image.

My apologies if some images appear grainy. That is due to the paper the book is printed on unfortunately. :XD2:

And again, my apologies if some images are too big. I asked myself what was more often a problem for me when getting an image, it being too small or too big? The answer was "too small." If it's too big you can always shrink it.

Read the full addresses in the address bars if you like as they contain my comments on the images and might help explain what is going on. The images of course spoil some of the movie but I believe I've left out enough to leave some guessing. To keep the addresses current and avoid having to change them in the future, when the dub name of a character wasn't known I usually didn't name them in the address (i.e Butler).

So I hope the Pokemon community likes them. Again, feel free to use and distribute them. This post itself will be appearing on several different message boards at the same time to ensure fairness. Please enjoy, I worked hard on them. Not as hard as their real artists of course. ^_^

Go here for the images. (http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ashmidt@flash.net/lst?&.dir=/My+Photos&.src=bc&.begin=9999&.view=l&.order=&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ashmidt@flash.net/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=bc%26.view=l)

Animelee
6th March 2004, 08:48 PM
Wow, dude, these kick major butt. How did you get your hands on a Japanese book, you lucky man? :o

Thank you so much, I just saved them all to a folder, because I don't know if I'll ever get to see these again. :D

Thank you so much, man! :o

Legends-Kuja
7th March 2004, 01:04 PM
Edit: See it now. Awesome, man.

AKA Pokemon Fan
9th March 2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Wow, dude, these kick major butt. How did you get your hands on a Japanese book, you lucky man? :o
As for how I got the book, let's just say I was very lucky. ^_^ No, really, I had some great help from a member of the Serebii message boards (I feel awful, I can't remember who it was and my personal messages got deleted a few months ago due to circumstances beyond my control) in getting the ISBN numbers for several of the various Pokemon art books. Using these I was able to order them from a store in San Francisco California that does not appear to have a website yet sent the books half way across the country to my door. Below is a copy of the initial reply I got to my first request about the status of the books I was ordering, as you can see not all were available when I first asked but I eventually got them all. I'll give another post later with ISBN numbers for which books are which, I'm not home and can't right now.

Now, the email:

Thank you veruy much for your inquiry to Kinokuniya Bookstores.

The product information of the items you are interested in is as
follows;

4091015565 $13.05 out of stock
4091015662 $14.00 out of stock
4091015891 $13.30 out of stock
4091494234 $10.65 in stock
4091494250 $11.20 out of stock
4091494269 $9.25 in stock

We can order the items which are out of stock at store to Japan, and it
usually takes three to four weeks to receive them.
We mail them to you for $8.00 by UPS Ground.

If you would like to order them, please provide us your shipping
address, phone number, your credit card number and its expiraton date.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail us.
Thank you again for your interest in Kinokuniya Bookstores.

Yuki Sakano
BookWeb San Francisco (Kinokuniya Bookstores)
sf@kinokuniya.com
1581 Webster St., San Francisco, CA 94115 USA
phone 415-567-7625 fax 415-567-4109

Zhen Lin
10th March 2004, 07:49 AM
Kinokuniya. Big worldwide bookstore chain, specialty being of course, Japanese.

Animelee
10th March 2004, 03:02 PM
And yet, of course, the neighbouring country of Canada gets nothing except the same crappy TV networks and video game release dates. ;_;

AKA Pokemon Fan
11th March 2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Zhen Lin
Kinokuniya. Big worldwide bookstore chain, specialty being of course, Japanese.
Can you order using the English names of the books or are ISBN numbers required?:confused:

soggy_cardboard
15th March 2004, 05:14 PM
I usually dont like pokemon dragons, but Salamence looks wicked.
Beats Flygon any day :P

Those pics rock, thx:yes:

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th March 2004, 08:20 PM
Alright, now I can tell you which ISBN number is which book. The first three sets of ISBN numbers are for the "This is Animation" book series, the third, fifth and sixth movies in that order.

The three after that are film comics (longer, more pictures, lower quality images in a comic-book format) for the third, fifth, and sixth movies respectively.
:)