PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] How do you get Mew?? What's the Gameshark code??

pink_horsie12
7th March 2004, 02:38 PM
:confused:

i know that there is a post that gives you the code but the website that she tells you to go to is down on my computer. does anyone have the code. i have been searching for mew for 7 years

pink_horsie12
7th March 2004, 02:47 PM
plzzz

pink_horsie12
7th March 2004, 02:50 PM
plzz help me

Knight of Time
7th March 2004, 04:24 PM
Um, for the record, you don't need to triple post here...

There is a way to get Mew without Gameshark.

Just check the "Mew Code" topic, and you'll get your answer (this is a glitch though, so be careful).

Number1ChanseyFan
7th March 2004, 04:29 PM
Hello!! Welcome to TPM!! I hope you enjoy posting and stuff. But one little thing, please don't reply to your own topics and bump them up every couple of minutes, because it is kinda against the rules. Don't worry, somebody will get around to answering them!! :wave:

Anyways, there is a way to get Mew in R/B/Y without using a Gameshark.

Do Not fight the following trainers:

The Youngster with a Slowpoke (Level 17) on the road to Bill's house (Route 25). He is the fourth trainer after you cross Nugget Bridge, standing directly above a female trainer and facing north.

The Gambler with two Poliwags and a Poliwhirl (all Level 22) between Lavender Town and Saffron City. (Route 8) He is standing just east of the entrance to Saffron City, facing north toward the door of the Underground Path.

Make sure you have a Pokémon that knows Fly. On Route 8, stand in front of the door of the Underground Path. Save your game, since saving after this point will disrupt the procedure.

Walk down one step and immediately press Start. If you succeed, the menu will pop up before the Gambler "sees" you. Go to the Pokémon list and fly to Cerulean City, the Gambler will see you just before you fly away. Your Start button will no longer function. Go north across Nugget Bridge and head east until you find the Youngster that was mentioned above. If you walk right up to the Youngster, the game will lock up, so you'll have to let him see you and walk up to you. Defeat his Slowpoke. After you beat him, the start button will work again. Now, Fly to Lavender Town, and then go west into Route 8. As soon as you enter the narrow path, the menu will pop up by itself. Press B to close the menu, and then a Level 7 Mew which only knows Pound will appear!!

You can read this thread for more info on the Mew Trick, such as alternate trainers that you can use to get this trick to work, and other trainers that you can use to catch other Pokémon. http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14754 This is simply the Mew Code thread that is stickied at the top of this forum. :)

Now, if you want the Gameshark codes to catch Mew, here they are:

Red/Blue: 0115D8CF
Yellow: 0115D7CF

RaZoR LeAf
7th March 2004, 04:29 PM
If you want a Gameshark code, try a gameshark site. We don't peddle in cheats. Or try the Mew Glitch like Darkprince said.

And also, don't triple post within the space of 10 minutes. When someone sees your topic they will reply to it. It doesn't need you to reply all the time.

Ultimate Pikachu
7th March 2004, 04:30 PM
You don't need a code. To get one before Misty, after Nugget Bridge, go west but don't battle the trainer there. Instead, go in the grass and catch an Abra. Now, make sure Abra is in your party. Go up and east until you are in line with the trainer but can't see him. Go down one step and press start while your moving. Now go to Pokémon, select Abra, and choose Teleport. You will appear at the last Pokémon center you visited with the A,B, and Start buttons disabled. Without talking to anyone go into the Cerulean Gym and battle the first trainer. Now, return to Nugget Bridge and your Start menu will pop up. Press B and you will battle a level 7 Mew.

pink_horsie12
8th March 2004, 03:16 PM

Piakchu is that code for yellow??

The Muffin Man
16th March 2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by pink_horsie12

Piakchu is that code for yellow??

First of all, ya may wanna follow #1 Chansey Fans post. I'm almost positive it has to be Fly and not Teleport.

Second, the code should work for all 3 versions.

RaZoR LeAf
17th March 2004, 11:18 AM
It should be Fly yes, if you use Teleport you could very well end up at the last Pokecenter you visited being Cinnibar Island, in which case you are trapped unable to use your buttons in order to Surf away.

Poryhedron
17th March 2004, 06:01 PM
Actually, I think the idea behind using Teleport there is so that you don't have to wait until you get Fly. If you do the trick the way Ultimate Pikachu described, the very first time you reach Routes 24-5, you'd land in front of the Cerulean Pokémon Center just like you would using Fly in the normal method (unless, of course, you felt the need to challenge Nugget Bridge without first healing from the trek through Mt. Moon and your rival.)
Now all we need is for someone to try it and make sure it works...there was a theory that the man on Route 7 was the only one you could successfully open the menu and escape from.

Ultimate Pikachu
2nd April 2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf
It should be Fly yes, if you use Teleport you could very well end up at the last Pokecenter you visited being Cinnibar Island, in which case you are trapped unable to use your buttons in order to Surf away.

Read my post, it says to get one before Misty. So the last Pokémon Center you should have been at was the Cerulean one unless you tried to go all the way through Mt. Moon to Bill without healing. In Yellow you have to wait until you meet Bill. You can still get it before Misty(you can go on to Vermillion before beating Misty, because meeting Bill triggers the event with the Rocket who stole TM28 and in Yellow Abra is earliest found south of Cerulean). Who whould wait that long for a Mew when you can get one so early? You can get anything using a similar trick. I'll post it later, but you can find it in a lot of places.