PDA

View Full Version : NOT Rate My Team. More like "Help In Deciding Team"

Azura Stardust
2nd December 2002, 09:35 AM
Hmmmm, this is a part-part RMT... it's still very early ingame, but I want to make sure I THRASH everyone in the game. :D And this means having a strong, balanced team, so I want to think of a good one to have.

Some factors to take into consideration:

The time it takes to raise them. Do they have a fast raising speed? Can they survive well at their lower evolutions if they only evolve at a rather high level (eg 40)? Is it easy to train? (Any good wild pokemon to fight against?)
Balance - will it balance out the teams? Will it give the team a greater weakness overall?
Where/When to get them - are they only gotten late in the game? if a lot later than the 3rd gym, will it be easy getting through the game with 5 Pokemon and then catching that pokemon to fit in smoothly with the rest? Will it be easy for the pokemon to catch up? Oh, and a rule: please, no legendaries. I won't be getting any in a loooooooooooong while ^_^;;
Stats - I don't mind a good-stated, non-legendary pokemon.
Moves - I don't know how to dup TMs with whatever GameShark there is on Visual Boy Advance, so until I know that, please be *very* careful about putting in TM moves. Also no TMs that are late-game.

Okay, here is my "team" so far.

Numagorou http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs008.png

Subame http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs026.png

Rarutosu http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs029.png

Kinokoko http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs034.png

All at level 18. I deperately need more pokemon. I'm somewhat willing to drop Kinokoko if must be. I know I'm going on early-game pokes, is there any other good flying type besides Subame? That can be gotten easily.

Now lets see if anyone understood that. o_o

Green_Pikachu
2nd December 2002, 09:56 AM
keep subame. he is the best normal/flyer we've ever had. pidgeot, fearow dont even compare. Dodrio compares a little, but i still like this guy better.

you should try and get a steroid pichu in the cave north of the fighting gym(2nd gym). it is this monstrous fighting pokemon that goes on to learn Belly Drum.

getting the electric dog would be a good idea. there are a lot of them coming up in the game. i think they are on route 110, which leads into the 3rd gym. i could be wrong though.

you can drop that grass piece of crap if u want. i had one, and its only good use is cut and flash. lol. it does evolve into a grass/fighting form. so if that appeals to you, than its ok.

getting an abra would be a good idea. even though you can't trade to evolve it to kazam, kadabra still kicks this metagame's ***.

Jamesology101
2nd December 2002, 10:22 AM
I'm sure other people will have better answers, but, until they reply.....

I'll just stick in some moves which will be useful for getting through the game, and what level they're learned at. Is that ok? It'll be enough to trash all of the in-game trainers, trust me. It's not a competitive team or anything, which is why I've doubled up on some move types, but it'll help you see all the game.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs008.png ~ Numagorou
- Water Gun/Surf (got from the house beside the fifth gym, which is the first town with a gym you encountered where the leader
wouldn't fight you)
-Mud Shot (Lv16)/Earthquake (Lv46)
-Tackle/Take Down (Lv31)
-Mud Slap (Lv6)

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs026.png ~ Oosubame
-Wing Attack (Lv13)
-Double Team (Lv19)
-Quick Attack (should already have)
-Fly (get from Rival later in the game)
As far as I can remember, the only other Flying type you can get at the start is Kyamome (which evolves into Pelippa at Lv25). Both are excellent Pokemon, but since you already have a Water type I'd stick with Oosubame. Everybody seems to like it.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs029.png ~ Rarutosu
-Confusion/Psychic (Lv26, provided it doesn't evolve before then)
-Double Team (Lv11)
-Hypnosis (Lv51) + Dream Eater (Lv60)? Usually good enough for playing through the game. You could probably find some other TMs that would work, if you don't want to use this. Also, it's learned quite late... but it doesn't learn anything better naturally which would be much use for a play-through-the-game team.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs034.png ~ Kinokoko
Keep it! It's good when it evolves!
-Absorb/Mega Drain (Lv16)
-Headbutt (Lv22)
-Mach Punch (Lv23)/Sky Upper (Lv36)/Dynamic Punch (Lv54)
-Mind Reader (Lv45)

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs124.png~ Habunake
Route 114, in the long grass beside the cave with the waterfall. It's not that far ahead, and this Pokemon raises very easily. It's strong! (However, it's in Sapphire only, apparently... which version are you playing?)
-Poison Tail (Lv16)/Toxic Fang (Lv34 - don't know the difference, apart from PP)
-Glare (Lv25)
-Crunch (Lv28 )
-Bite (already has)/Screech (Lv19)/Haze (Lv43)

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs078.png~Rakurai
Great Electric Pokemon that you should run into soon. I can't remember the exact location, butif you're at the third gym you're not too far away, I don't think.
-Spark (Lv20)
-Thunderwave (already has)
-Bite (Lv39)
-Thunder (Lv45)

I think all of these Pokemon fit the criteria you mentioned.... hope they're ok.....

Azura Stardust
2nd December 2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by ThePariah
keep subame. he is the best normal/flyer we've ever had. pidgeot, fearow dont even compare. Dodrio compares a little, but i still like this guy better.

you should try and get a steroid pichu in the cave north of the fighting gym(2nd gym). it is this monstrous fighting pokemon that goes on to learn Belly Drum.

getting the electric dog would be a good idea. there are a lot of them coming up in the game. i think they are on route 110, which leads into the 3rd gym. i could be wrong though.

you can drop that grass piece of crap if u want. i had one, and its only good use is cut and flash. lol. it does evolve into a grass/fighting form. so if that appeals to you, than its ok.

getting an abra would be a good idea. even though you can't trade to evolve it to kazam, kadabra still kicks this metagame's ***.

ok, I'll see... maybe I should get the little punchy thing that has belly drum or keep Kinokoko. I was thinking a grass type would be nice, but I dunno. I don't exactly think I want abra, because I have rarutosu, but I'll think about it. Thanks very much! Ok and I'll definitely keep Subame. I also have the electric dog now. Its quite cool. Pity it doesn't learn Thunderbolt :(

Ok, so It's

Confirmed: Subame, Rakurai, Numagorou
Dunno: Abra/Rarutosu?
Kinokoko/the fighting punchy thing?

And CRJ, I'm so sorry but i"m playing Ruby, I wanted Habunake as well, I think it's really cool. Too bad I can't get it :(

347Studboy
2nd December 2002, 09:47 PM
Okay, if you can hold out long enough for the Safari Zone... get Heracross! Trust me, you won't regret it... with Heracross at a decent level (it wouldn't take very long to get him into the forties or so, but at level 53 he learns Megahorn), you can easily take down most of the Elite 5; the Dark trainer, the Ice trainer, and the Steel trainer. Plus, Heracross is undoubtedly the best Pokémon ever anyway... and that can't hurt.

Azura Stardust
2nd December 2002, 11:18 PM
Hm... possible, yes indeed, possible.. heracross is very good pokemon, and I can drop Kinogassa for it. Same 4x weaknesses, anyways. Hm.... hm hm hm.... is it a long time to the safari zone from the 3rd gym? I think I shall drop Kinogassa as soon as I evolve it. What level does Heracross come at there? And is it easy to train?....

347Studboy
3rd December 2002, 01:03 PM
Let's see... the Safari Zone is a just a bit farther, depending on how fast you play, but it's not so inconceivably far that Heracross will have trouble catching up to the rest of your team. Quite the contrary... Heracross has enough Attack power to do surprising damage to even the unlikeliest of opponents. Now, yes, Flying is a problem, but even then, most of them are part Normal, and with Endure/Reversal, you can do some serious s**t to them.

Heracross comes around Level 27 or so, and he levels up FAST (at least when you use him as much as I did, and that was a LOT, since he has some versatile tricks up his sleeve). Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about his weakness to Psychic, as he has a good amount of Special Defense and HP, and there's always Megahorn... and for Fire, there's Earthquake.

Azura Stardust
3rd December 2002, 07:39 PM
Ok! Thank you so much! ^_^

So now I'll dump the team on, then...

Oosubame

Numagorou

Raiburoto

Herakerosu

Kirawhatever (the evolution of Rarutosu)

Blank

Now Blank is a critical spot... let's see what I'm missing:

Grass (generally a Ground/Rock killer, which is Numagorou, and Watereater which is Raiburotu)
Fire (kills steel, grass, bug...)
Dragon (I really want onna theese. :x)
Ice (er... eats up dragons? and grass and flying?)
Rock (um... basically a flying ***-kicker, which Raibu can take care of. and a Fire eater which is Numagorou.)
Steel (bleh.)
Dark ('andy against psychics)
Poison (um... not really?)
and one more element here which I can't remember. :)

Anyway, to narrow it down, I need something out of those. I'd like Fire, Dragon, or Ice... or maybe grass or rock or dark...

As for dual types, I think there's no ice dragon, and a grass dragon would give me a 3x ice weakness... is that how you count it? I heard there was a nice Grass/Dragon type. And there's no Fire dragon! Piss-offy. (correct me if I'm wrong, btw.) What should I put in here... Donbaru or whatever the name of that fire dinosaur would be nice here, but I've already got a Ground pokemon... unless I switch Numagorou to maybe a WaterDragon. It's hard to do that though, it takes time and I already trained Numa up so nicely. :x should I?

347Studboy
3rd December 2002, 08:22 PM
Ok, first of all: if you insist on getting a Dragon type, I highly recommend Kingdra; it has a decent moveset, and only one weakness (Dragon moves). Second of all, a Grass/Dragon type (if there is one, I'm not sure) would be 4X weak against Ice (Grass is 2X, Dragon is 2X, 2 x 2 = 4, so you understand :) ). So, I wouldn't go for it.

Achamo
3rd December 2002, 08:37 PM
I would most likely use Asanan for Rarutosa. Asanan has the fighting/psychic. Learns Sky Upper which is really great fighting move. Plus it can learn psychic. Only negative thing is it doesn't learn psychic, but that can be learned through TM. Well, that is just my opinion.

Azura Stardust
3rd December 2002, 08:47 PM
I'd use Asanan, but isn't he quite late in the game? He'd be perfect - fighting and psychic, but... I don't know if I can wait so long.

Also, 347Studboy, I'm playing the ROM and thus cannot get Kingdra (which I really really really really like. :D) because I can't trade. ^_^;;

Achamo
3rd December 2002, 08:57 PM
hrm... he does come really late, but he does really kick butt, literally.

Bullethead
3rd December 2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ThePariah

Steroid Pichu?

phantasmal
3rd December 2002, 09:38 PM
I think Pariah means this one:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Green_Pikachu
3rd December 2002, 09:50 PM
oh come on, that thing definitely looks like a pichu on steroids....gimme a break.

Azura Stardust
3rd December 2002, 09:51 PM
Where's the tail and ears, then? :(

Rakuraji
4th December 2002, 08:35 AM
can someone please rate or help my team?
it consists of
rakuraji
groudon (used as a fire pokemon)
nokutasu (cactus guy)
boomanda
bosugodora
latias

is this team alright? i plan to catch latias with a master ball if i bump into him and try to use something else to catch groudon. latis will fill up the psychic slot, and im missing an electric pokemon but i just dont really like the new electric pokemon. groudon, because of his fire moves will mainly be used as a fire pokemon. what do you think?

347Studboy
4th December 2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
Also, 347Studboy, I'm playing the ROM and thus cannot get Kingdra (which I really really really really like. :D) because I can't trade. ^_^;;

Oh yeah... forgot about that. My bad. Well, let's see... you don't have a Fire type, which I personally always have... I don't know about any of the new Fire types, but I do know that Vulpix and Ninetales are in the game, and if you can't find anything better, Fire is an invaluable part of your team (think about it; what's more annoying than Steel and Ice, aside from Ghost?). As far as decent movesets go... definitely give it Confuse Ray, it's the most annoying move ever, with the possible exception of Encore (don't even get me started on THAT move :rolleyes: ). I suppose, if it's possible since I don't know the R/S TMs that well, that Iron Tail is a good fit for Vulpix, for those nasty Rock types. Personally, I'm a fan of Flamethrower over Fire Blast, and Overheat would be good if not for the Special Attack going down after you use it. Hmm, honestly... I don't know how much attack power these guys have, and since high Attack and Special Attack are the bread and butter of Fire types, I would recommend that you find a better one, if you can. Good luck, and happy hunting. :wave:

EDIT: Oh, Rakuraji, I do recommend Groudon as a sorta Fire type (he is a Ground type after all), but bear this in mind: whenever he is out in battle, it is Sunny... this can have good and bad consequences. Let's say your opponent is using a Grass-type... with Solarbeam. As a Ground type, Groudon is weak to Grass, and with it being Sunny out, Solarbeam doesn't need charging... on the other hand, Fire attacks are 50% stronger. It's really a gamble of luck, I'd say. Also, could you list movesets?

HirOtO_PinOy
4th December 2002, 03:00 PM
Can anyone help me improve mai team or atleast add some constructive criticism.. or just comment.

Tank You :D

(The team is in the signature)

347Studboy
4th December 2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by HirOtO_PinOy
Can anyone help me improve mai team or atleast add some constructive criticism.. or just comment.

Well, varied types (I think; still new to R/S), but a list of movesets and stuff would make it easier to say for sure. Oh, and I recommend a Fire type, and as usual, I also recommend Heracross. :D :D :D

Pidgeot
4th December 2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by HirOtO_PinOy

Sig:

Mudkip (Water)
Subame (Flying & Normal)
Monkey Dude (Fighting & Psychic)
Steriod Pikachu (Flghting)
Unevolved Raiboruto (Electric)
Eevee-Cat-Thing (Normal)

If you really want a rate, I reccommend also posting moves XD Your team has 2 Fighting types, and no Fires... Every balanced team should have the following: Electric, Fire, Water, and then 3 of the following (based on the Pokes you chose) Flying/Fighting/Dark/Normal/Steel/Dark/Ice/Dragon. Some are more important then others, like Ice types are always needed to counter fliers who can avoid earth attacks, but Normals arent really needed unless the are powerfull.

347Studboy
4th December 2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Pidgeot
If you really want a rate, I reccommend also posting moves XD Your team has 2 Fighting types, and no Fires... Every balanced team should have the following: Electric, Fire, Water, and then 3 of the following (based on the Pokes you chose) Flying/Fighting/Dark/Normal/Steel/Dark/Ice/Dragon. Some are more important then others, like Ice types are always needed to counter fliers who can avoid earth attacks, but Normals arent really needed unless the are powerfull.

Yeah, variation is definitely important, but I can't believe you didn't list Bug types in the list of "others". After all, Bug is more important than ever, what with all the new Psychic, Grass, and Dark types running around. Plus, you didn't even mention Psychic... they may be overused, but they've got their merits. Take Alakazam; Fast power, though it won't last long after that first or second hit. But sometimes you need the speed. On second thought... you pretty much took care of the speed issue with Electric, and Fire is usually pretty fast too, in my experience... what you really need to balance that out is Defense. I'd settle for a decent Steel type, if they have some accurate moves (the three from G/S/C weren't very accurate). Man, I ranted a lot longer than I meant to....;)

Rakuraji
4th December 2002, 05:08 PM
hi studboy, thanks for the reply... here are my movesets so far, what do you think or suggest? Thanks

Rakuraji (Water/Ground)
Surf
Earthquake
Ice beam
Return

Bosugodora (Steel/Rock)

double-edge
earthquake
thunderbolt
protect

Nokutasu (Grass/Dark)

giga drain
spikes
shadow ball
leech seed

Groudon (Ground)

Flamethrower
Build up
Earthquake
Ancient Power

Latias (Dragon/Psychic)

Psychic
Recover
Dragonbreath
Thunderbolt

Boomanda (Dragon/Flying)

Double-edge
Dragonbreath
Earthquake
Flamethrower

Azura Stardust
5th December 2002, 08:04 AM
You know what, eh... this was a topic to help *my* team... ^.^;;;;;;;;;

You could've made yer own topic but anyway... I can't put up a Sticky: Official RMT Thread because I think the other mods and I (note: THINK - I haven't asked them coz they're not online.) think it's kinda too early for RMTs...

meh ^_^;;

Ok, now I"ve got Numa, Kinogassa (I haven't got Heracross yet. I was actually considering keeping Kinogassa because it has a nice Attack and it... uh, I dunno. Hera might not catch up come to think of it. Will decide later.), Raiburotu, Oosubame and Kiruria (going to evolve into Saanaito soon).

I need to find a last pokemon. I wouldn't mind a Dragon that can learn Fire moves. But I do NOT want a 4x Ice weakness one (so no Grass/Dragon, Ground/Dragon or Dragon/Flying.) nor do I want another psychic type (Latias Latios).

So is there a dragon that is not 4x weak to ice that learns good moves (especially fire X_X_X_X_X) and has good stats? I don't mind if it's late in the game.

And I don't have a complete pokedex to refer to exactly so... meh ^_^;; Thanks in advance.

347Studboy
5th December 2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
And I don't have a complete pokedex to refer to exactly so... meh ^_^;; Thanks in advance.

What about the list of obtainable Pokémon in Ruby and Sapphire, on this very site? I'm just saying... it does list types.

Before I check the list myself, I'm almost positive there were no fully evolved (or non-evolving) pure Dragon types, but perhaps there is a type combo not 4X weak to Ice... urgghhh... can't... remember... I'll edit this post when I check.

EDIT: Nope, there are no type combos other than Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Psychic, and your only other choice is to use the second form of the three evolution Dragon family, not sure about the names... well, you get the idea; a Dragon type may be more hassle than it's worth, and since Dragon moves are only good against other Dragon types, you may want to reconsider what it is that you want, or need, as your sixth Pokémon. Oh, and one more thing: I'm pretty sure Heracross wouldn't have any trouble keeping up, but if you really don't want one, that's cool. Just use whatever fits your theme the best. ;)

Rakuraji
5th December 2002, 05:14 PM
great, thanks a lot. since you say 2 dragons isn't so effective, do you think it would work if I replaced latias with metagurosu?

Lugia Hunter
5th December 2002, 06:57 PM
azura ~

I hate to say, but the dragons in the game are either, dragon (non evolved forms), dragon flying, dragon psychic, or dragon ground types. So basically they made it so the dragons are pretty weak against ice unless u get latias/latios or use non evolved dragons, even then they are still vulnerable.

I do recommend using Chiritarisu, the evolved form of Chiritto (the cloud bird thing). It seems pretty tough and although i have it at 38th level, it was a good choice. I use it for my flying pokemon in my party as well as my dragon. It can be obtained fairly early into the game, well at least half way unlike the other dragons.

I hope that helps :)

Azura Stardust
5th December 2002, 08:03 PM
Stupid Nintendo, of all the dragons they could have, they decided NOT to make a Fire Dragon. >:\

Anyway, I've thought of something else - should I slap Groudon in? He kinda covers all my weaknesses. I'm thinking of making him this 00ber-d00ber WhamBamThankYouMa'am kind of attacker thing, goes in, kicks ***, goes out...

Groudon
Thatfiremovething
Ancient Power
Solarbeam (takes 1 turn due to his ever present Sunny Day...)
Earthquake (mega attack + stab = X_X)

I can't hink of anything else because I do'nt know its other attacks. XP I know groudon is rilly late in game, but you know... maybe I can survive.

Crystal Arcanine
6th December 2002, 01:05 PM
my team is :

kinogasse (but urs is the same but unevolved)

perippaa

bashaamo (but u hav a different starter)

hariteyama

runatoon

guraina

see what u think of it

thanx

347Studboy
6th December 2002, 09:02 PM
Groudon, eh? Hmm... I guess he serves well enough as a "Fire" type... but bear in mind that the constant Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo could work against you, if it comes up against a Grass type. Of course, that Fire move thingy you mentioned could eliminate that problem.:D