PDA

View Full Version : Catching A Surskit

Tessana
9th March 2004, 04:32 PM
Hi, I have some questions about catching a Surskit. I know what routes they are on, but where do you find them? Do you surf on the water, look in the grass, fish for them, etc.? Please help me, and if you have any other advice about catching Surskit, please post.

~Tess

Saturos
9th March 2004, 04:55 PM
Surskit are mostly found in the tall grass. They rarely appear, but keep looking. After you defeat the Elite Four, TV Pokemon News will tell you that either Skitty or Surskit have appeared in swarms on their routes.

It's quite a challenge to raise and train a Surskit into a Masquerain. Mine is at Level 45. Take my advice and use a Macho Brace on it. It's stats aren't stellar, but it could increase if Macho Brace is attached.

Tessana
9th March 2004, 05:18 PM
Thank you very much.

~Tess

Rabid_Cow
9th March 2004, 06:16 PM
oh oh oh I love masquerain! I know you didn't ask for it but I'd like to supply you with a possible move list that is great for battlin' with your friends or seriously! If you train him seriously, like I have mine, it's a valuable asset! It can take almost all of the elite 4 by itself, and the hydro pump/quick claw combo is really fun to use!

Masquerain @quick claw
-Silver Wind
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Whirlwind

As for finding one look in the tall grass on route 117 is where I've had the most luck. As for my opinion on that MACHO BRACE on him, I wouldn't do it. It halves that speed stat, which is crucial for him when a blaziken (or another fire poke) happens to fall out of that pokeball ready to scorch your little bug. (hence why that quick claw is there)

Hope I helped!:wave:

Poryhedron
9th March 2004, 10:31 PM
As for my opinion on that MACHO BRACE on him, I wouldn't do it. It halves that speed stat, which is crucial for him when a blaziken (or another fire poke) happens to fall out of that pokeball ready to scorch your little bug. (hence why that quick claw is there)

Macho Brace doesn't permanently halve speed. Speed is only halved while it's being worn. Since Macho Brace doesn't give you any kind of edge within a battle, there's no good reason at all to wear one in any match that could involve an enemy Blaziken.

EngiMatikul
10th March 2004, 12:17 AM
Methinks Masquarain is usually understimated by people, but at the same time it really isn't too great of a pokemon. :/ However, me being an underused bug type trainer usually always has that problem in the first place; Masquarain really is better than many other of the lesser used bugs XP.
Silver Wind isn't that great of a choice on him... Masquarain has one of the worst Attack stats in the Bug genre. With a PP of 5 and an Base Power of 60 (90 with STAB), coupled with its low attack, it can't do that great of a job... preferably use a different bug if you want a bug type attack.

Masquarain@ Leftovers
Stun Spore
Hydro Pump
Blizzard
Sweet Scent

EVs
Max out Sp. Attack, the rest split equal between HP, Def, Sp. Def.

^ Something I would go with, though this would only work on 2 vs 2s with another person using Mean Look, or Wobbuffet, that would be fun too :P.

>.> I'm probably getting too technical with something on one would ever care about. Ah well that's me. *fades away*