PDA

View Full Version : Poll: When cats learn how to fetch...

Rambunctious Jamirus
10th March 2004, 08:00 PM
Another random Poll done by yours truly!
*groans*
*throws a can at the control panel* Stupid automatic noise maker.
*groans*
*kicks the machine* Hehehe ^-^" Nevermind!

1. Do you think cats can learn how to walk on a leash? Why or why not?
2. Which is a more humiliating way to die, being blown up by your toilet or drowning in your toilet?
3. What colour are your walls?
4. How many graphic novels do you own?
5. What is the book you are currently reading?
6. What is on the TV right now that you're watching?
7. Are you getting Pokemon Coliseum?
8. What languages do you know?
9. How many pets and what are they do you have?
10. Are you afraid of anything (phobia?)?

~~~~~

1. Yeah...I'm training my cat now. She hates it but she's learning...
2. I think being blown up by your toilet...then people will know what happens very quickly...
3. Bronze
4. Three
5. Er...don't really have one at the moment...
6. Drake and Josh, Nick
7. Most possibly
8. English, some French, tiny bit of Spanish, and some Japanese
9. 1 Chocolate Lab, 1 calico cat with a two-face, and a Halloween cat (she's black and orange)
10. I've found I have a fear of falling from a height (not scared of heights, just falling) and aliens.

en0miz
10th March 2004, 08:43 PM
Nice random poll. (:

Sure. I've seen cats getting walked all the time in Central Park.

2. Which is a more humiliating way to die, being blown up by your toilet or drowning in your toilet?
I guess drown, because then people would wonder how you got drowned by such a small amount of water anyway.

Off white.

I had two graphic novels (aka comic books xD) of the Pokemon series when I was into it. I liked them, but I have no idea where they are now... to tell you the truth, I enjoyed the comic series more than the anime.

A Tree Grows in Brookyln. Excellent book.

Not watching tv, but I bet my mom is watching American Idol or some other stupid show.

No.

English, and some sort of Spanish since I've been taking the language for 5 years now.

Three guinea pigs. Two female, one male. They're neat.

Roaches. :no:

suzie
10th March 2004, 08:57 PM

yes. ive seen it!

drowning in your toilet because hey, who the hell would be in the toilet anyway?

the walls in my room are yellow.

i have 3 "hardcore" books :cool:

im currently reading sarum by edward rutherford.

my mom got rid of cable.

no

english and french

just the dark :wave:

woz
10th March 2004, 09:08 PM

1. no, they aren't the type for it.
2. drowning.
3. black.
4. 0.
5. tom clancy - red rabbit.
6. nothing.
7. no.
8. english and german.
9. 1 dog and 2 cats.
10. nope.

classy_cat18
10th March 2004, 09:13 PM

1. I've seem them walk on a leash before, so I guess they can. I think it's difficult because cats need more freedom than dogs.
2. Neither; being hit by a toilet falling from orbit. Heh, got it from Dead Like Me. I guess being blown up by your toilet.
3. Off white, I guess.
4. Seven. The first three Yu-Gi-Oh, the first two .Hack, the first Yu Yu Hakusho, and the first Vampire Game.
5. Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Heh heh.
6. Kingdom Hospital, also from Stephen King. Double heh heh.
7. Yeah, but I won't be able to get the bonus disk.
8. English, of course. Also Spanish and American Sign Language. Oh, and a little Japanese.
9. Two. A six-year-old female Lhasa Apso named Sassy and her six month old mixed son Rascal.
10. Not really.

The_Missing_Link
10th March 2004, 09:26 PM
1) They can but it just depends on whether the cat wants to abide by it or not

2) Both are odd but I'm thinking drowning in your toilet

3) A nice light blue. That was the color in the first house that I lived in and it just brightened up the room so I did it again

4) None. I prefer the anime to the manga although reading Yu Yu Hakusho would be fun

5) The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It's part of a trilogy and it's definitely a good read

6) I don't have a TV in the computer room but I was watching Cracking Up/Extreme Makeover/X-Men Evolution

7) I'm not really sure. I never really played Pokemon Stadium 1 0r 2 a lot and I prefer the Game Boy games so I kinda doubt it. Renting it sounds more reasonable

8) English (obviously) and I'm in my fourth year of Spanish

9) 10 year old black cat, 5 year old gray tabby and an African hedgehog

10) Death. Just thinking about how short my life is is really scary

SupremeChampion
10th March 2004, 09:54 PM
1.)yes, anything can be conditioned to something within it's limits.
2.) drowning in toliet. what was your head doing in there in the first place?
3.) in my room, blue.
4.) um... about 20 or so, ranging from Spider-Man to Duck Tales.
5.) nothing right now... i will be reading Star Wars: New Jedi Order Traitor in the summer, i think.
6.) dunno, was a flyers game.
7.) i'm thinking so, but not sure.
8.) 2, english and some spanish. i know a few phrases in german, italian, and french.
9.) i have just one pet: my goldfish Jaws that's 4 years old.
10.) let's see... losing, a little afraid of spiders and some bugs, drowning and failing.

~The Italian Stallion

Royal_Goddess_Tina
11th March 2004, 08:09 AM
Yay!! A poll!! :D

- Yes, because it is not very hard...
- Drowning in your toilet... Why the hell would your head be in a toilet??
-Which walls? There's lot's of walls in my house... My room walls are a really, really light purple colour (supposidly) they really look a pink colour...
- Ummm... I dunno...
- Runaway Jury is what I am about to start...
-I'm on the computer, I am not watching t.v...
- Hell no...
- I fully know English... I am learning French, Hindi, Urdu, and Arabic...
- 3 pets... 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 turtle...
- Apparently I have a school phobia...

Fett One
11th March 2004, 12:03 PM
1. Yes, since it isn't a diffitcult thing to do.

2. Drowning in your toilet since that is the least likely of the two to happen (the other one did happen in an episode of Sienfield only she didn't die, she just got covered in water).

3. In my bedroom the walls are blue, in the rest of the house white.

4. If you count trade paper backs (comics storyarches that are punlished into a single book month's or even years after the story was originally published as individual issues) then I have 3 otherwise I have none.

5. Currently I'm not reading a book. I did however finish reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix a few weeks ago. If you count fanfiction I am currently reading a Star Wars/ Star Trek crossover called Twilight War.

6. I'm not watching tv.

7. No, since I don't own a gamecube.

8. None

9. Just one; a lovebird

10. Bugs, insects and arachnids

Silver Ledian
11th March 2004, 12:11 PM
They probably can, but I think it would be more difficult for a cat to learn to obey it's owner on one. After all, the cat is not man's best friend ;)

Probably drowning...go figure XD

Light Blue...perhaps more a Powder Blue

None

I'm not actually reading a book at the minute...I know. It's awful. I really should do more, my range of vocab is no where near as good as it could be, even though it's not too bad.

The BBC News, I'm watching the story on the major bomb blasts that hit 3 stations in Madrid today, with over 190 deaths in total so far. :(

I probably will, even though my interest in Pokémon is almost non-existant these days...

English and I've been learning Spanish for nearly 6 years and I've learnt Irish in the past for 3 years.

I don't have any pets, my brother wants goldfish for his birthday though XD So we'll have a number of family pets for about 3 days.

Dentists, needles, heights...just some ^_^;;;

Red Angel
12th March 2004, 12:31 AM

Can they? Yes. Why? I've seen it. Poor cat :no:

Er... wow. Nice question. Er... let's say drowning. Being blown up is usually not your fault.

Off white.

Half a novle, to be hones. It's a promotional issue 0 for er... <forgets name>

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It's very neat - conspiracy stories, the origin of religion - neat stuff, considering most of it is apparently true.

I don't know about you, but I certainly can't browse TPM while watching TV.

No.

As I tell my friends: English, Russian, bad French, funny Japanese, and gibberish.

One stupid lump of fur that was sold to me nder the guise of a guinea pig.

Er... deserted places.

Originally posted by The_Missing_Link
5) The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It's part of a trilogy and it's definitely a good read

What you need to do is read the second-last set of books - The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara. The rest of the series pales by comparison.

RedStarWarrior
12th March 2004, 02:34 AM
Yes, but I don't think they will because they are slightly smarter then dogs and are more independant.

Drowning. I don't see how you could be blown up by your toilet unless someone rigged it.

Rice.

Graphic as in explicit or graphic as in with pictures? I have several very good novels.

I am not currently reading a book.

Inuyasha.

No.

English, French and a little bit of Spanish.

You mean, 'How many pets do you have and what are they?' Anyway, I have 4 cats and 3 dogs. 3 of the cats are Maine Coons, the 4th is a tabby. One the dogs is a Red Bone Coonhound, one is a beagle, and one is a miniture black lab mix.

All of my fears are well justified so I don't have any phobias. I wish not to reveal my fears.

Angel Blossom
12th March 2004, 02:00 PM
I think it may depend on the cat. A few cats are willing to learn new things for their owner, while others don't care if their owner wants them to learn something new. It's possible, I've heard of kitties on leashes before. ^^;; Sounds kind of cute, IMO.

Wow.. both seem pretty humiliating to me. XD I mean, imagine.. if someone told you that someone died by drowning in a toilet or exploding on one.. either way, it would be pretty humiliating. However, blowing up on one sounds a little more embarrassing to me. *imagines* ..

Well, since we have just moved into a condominium, our walls are plain white. If I had the chance to, I'd paint my walls with a spongey-thing, and it would be a nice light yellow. ^^

Like Eamon, I own none.. ;P I'm not sure whether that's a bad thing or not.

I'm not reading a book currently. ^^;; *shrugs* I'm not too big on reading.. I rarely find a book that I enjoy to read.. usually, when I am reading a book, it's for school purposes only.

My TV is turned off, since I'm having a conversation with a great friend of mine. Besides, there's nothing to watch on TV during noon.

Probably not. I'm saving my money for Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and that game comes out around the same time as PC does. However, I might get PC a few months afterwards, like during the summertime. ^^;;

I know English, obviously. ^^ I also understand Spanish perfectly, except I'm too shy to speak it. x.o

I have Joey, my siamese cat who is 13 years old. ^^ I also own a budgie named Neko, who is turning 4 years old this July. They're very good pets, especially the kitty. He's very caring, loyal, playful, and hyperactive.. like a doggy! XD

I get easily irked by LARGE arachnids. I wouldn't say that I have a phobia for anything.. phobias are VERY serious, almost like an illness. I know I dont have a arachnaphobia either.. I've held a very nasty tarantula and a scorpion before. Lolz, I worked at a zoo last summer.. :)

Zak
12th March 2004, 02:52 PM
Nice poll, AG :)

1. I don't exactly see a point. Cats tend to be more calm and less wild than dogs. I don't see a cat running around tackling, or humping someone's leg, or digging up, or meowing up a storm like dogs bark. Meh, I can't stand dogs... but I love cats :D

2. Drowning would be more HUMILIATING. However, the latter would definately be more painful. Usually if a toilet blows up, it's not like it is anyone's fault... but if you drown in the toilet, you brought it upon yourself, so it's more humiliating.

3. I'm in the attic, and my walls are brown and made of fine teak :).

4. Er... too many to count. Three of them are gonna be given to someone very special...

5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Great book.

6. I'm not watching anything right now.

7. I want to, but that would involve getting a GameCube, and if it's just for that... nah.

8. English and Hebrew. Both were my first languages, I'm not sure which came first... but I've been bilingual since I can remember myself at age 2.

9. Two kitties, Pongo and Smokey. I didn't pick the names, nor did my family... we adopted them from another family that was moving. I'm not exactly fond of Pongo, he can be really shy and wild a lot, and he eats way too much. But Smokey is the best cat ever! ^_^

10. Like I said above, somewhat dogs. Other than that... nothing really.

~Zak

Crystal Mew
13th March 2004, 03:20 PM
1. I personally don't have a cat, but I have seen cats walk on leashes, so I guess it can be done...I fail to see the point of that though..cats want to go wherever they want *shrugs*

2. Both are embarrasing, but since you would be dead...lol

I guess drowing in a toilet would be more embarrassing, but since your dead, you wouldn't have to deal with people laughing at you :wave:

3. My walls in this house are all white..pretty boring IMO, I wanted my walls to be painted a light blue or purple...oh well

4. eh, none really o_0

5. The Hobbit =) hehe, intresting book indeed

6. I'm not really watching tv, but the tv is on, and Hey Arnold is on right now

7. Eh, I might, but I'm saving up for a computer now, and I have like $430....I can't buy anything except a computer now =x maybe after I buy a comp (and the sims2)

8. Just English..supposed to be learing spanish, but...uh yeah

9. a doggy and a ferret :> Lucky and Baby ( my fav pet evar!!) Baby is sooo sweet, I luv him to death..and Lucky well..she's ok lol

10. Its not so much dying...but getting some bad disease is what scares me ;/ oh and bugs scare me

kurai
4th April 2004, 12:34 PM
1. It may be possible if the cat is willing to cooperate, and many cats will not, but I have never done it at least.
2. I'll have to say drowning in your toilet, since.. that would mean your head was in the toilet, rather than just near it.
3. The walls in my bedroom are tan, in this room they are a range of colours from red, to blue, to green, to grey..
4. None.
5. What If? But it is not really a novel, more of a collection of short stories.
6. It is off.
7. No.
8. None, at the moment.
9. I own three dogs, Tara, Kitana, and Thor.
10. Death.

shazza
4th April 2004, 12:44 PM
-I doubt it, but there could eb a slight chance.
Drowning in your toilet, why is your head in the toilet bowl anyway?
-Blue in some, tan in others.
-None.
-Nothing, TV is turned off.
-No.
-Indonesian (I can speak to all the Malaysians on IRC).
-I have a dog, a cat and a bird. Brandy, Cat and Kramer. My cat has one eye because my dad ran over its head.
-I am afraid of dieing.