PDA

View Full Version : Rate el teamo supremo

Rabid_Cow
11th March 2004, 06:57 PM
I'm just gonna post it, and you guys can tear it apart. I'm open to ALL suggestions. I'll admit it's not the BEST team out there, but I think it's close enough for a rating. Have fun!

Aggron
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail
-Aerial Ace
-Roar

Not what I'd consider my "STARTER", I just posted it first. (any ideas on which of these should go first?) It needs an item, just don't know what....

Sceptile @Chesto
-Leaf Blade
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rest

Had to have Equake for fires, needed a dark move, STAB, and rounds out with a Chesto Rest.

Masquerain @Quick Claw
-Hydro Pump
-Blizzard
-Silver Wind
-Whirlwind

This is my infamous Masquerain, underappreciated by all but me. thanks for the pick over glalie those of you that helped. Hydro for fires, Blizzard over ice beam for chance of freeze, Silver Wind for STAB, and whirlwind for use with anything it cant handle, or for cold storage with a freeze.

Weezing
-Thunderbolt
-Will-o-Wisp
-Haze
-Destiny Bond

Thanks for the help with this moveset people! I like it alot. The Haze was needed somewhere, and it rounds out my lack of Electricity.

Exploud @Leftovers
-Flamethrower
-Hyper Voice
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Another pokemon you guys have been talkin bout, I like this moveset, but should I drop hyper voice for return?

Crawdaunt @Shell Bell
-Crab Hammer
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace
-Body Slam

Pretty good physical sweeper, and can cover himself pretty well. Crab Hammer for STAB, Brick Break for those stupid reflects... Aerial Ace for stoppin the fighters, and Body Slam for anything else. Shell Bell seemed like a natural fit on him.

Any pokes without items I still don't know what to attach.

Any opinions on anything I've asked about would be wonderful! :wave:

rinku
11th March 2004, 09:05 PM
Not sure about the Crawdaunt - I'd try to get Guillotine in there. Others may disagree, but OHKO moves always seem to screw up carefully laid plans, and having one on the team is a good idea. I'd probably lose Brick Break to do so. Mebbe Double Team to give it some breathing space for Guillotine...

Surf is something to consider over Crabhammer - the much better accuracy and slightly higher power makes up for not having increased critical chances IMHO. If he had Scope Lens then maybe.

Definitely Return over Hyper Voice for Exploud.

Rabid_Cow
12th March 2004, 05:15 PM
Huh, maybe i will go with surf, but I don't know about guillotine. Where would I put it?

any more?

Sceptile_Master
14th March 2004, 02:01 PM
Hey rabid cow i promised i would rate your team so here i am.

Aggron rules. Arial Aceis good on him/her since Aggrons low speed and roar is helpful if your up against a mon your weak against. Good power attacks. Make it hold a metal coat' soft sand or sharp beak(do you know where to get this). 9/10

Sceptiles rule but get rid of rest quick. Sceptile hasen't got amazing hp and defense and is to easily owned meaning you can only have an immediate wake up once. From then it will be owned when resting. Go back to the move tutor and teach it Fury Cutter as it can rock when powered up. Make it hold a mirical seed. Becuase of rest i will give it 7/10.

Never used a Masquerian looks good though but could be hard to raise as it is mega low on PP. Its fast enougswitsch quick calw with mystic water or nevermeltice. If you can get it to lv 100 though it will be ace for competitive battling (I am rating your team on competitive battles as they are where the skill really is).
8/10.

Wheezing rocks. But you have given it a pretty bad moveset. Only one non suicidle offensive move. I had a great Wheezing once o red version it had fire blast, thunder, sludge and Explosion. Have a good powerful moveset. For competitive battles. 6/10.

Exploud has a good moveset. Keep it up. Leftovers are good but if you have a lancet berry then use that for competitve battles since it won't be wasted. But leftovers are still just as good. 9/10.

I can't stand Crawduant but if I have to rateit. I have to say though that even i might use it good work. How did you get that extra aerial ace TM. I like shell bell alot i have it on my banette.
For a Crawdaunt its perfect 10/10 (for a Crawdaunt).

PS: Crawduants are pretty cool if i am in the mood i have got one in the PC called Pinchy.

Keep it up. For more info PM me. GOt to go for my ice cream dessert now. bye.

:wave:

Rabid_Cow
14th March 2004, 04:37 PM
As for the Wheezing I have changed it, and went with Explosion over Destiny Bond. Victreebong made me see the light on that subject. I really think this guy's moveset is wonderful, but that's just my opinion. In competative battling I've hit so many tanks that use curse (etc.) that haze saves my @$$ like you wouldn't believe! Thanks for the rate!

I heart Crawdaunt!:yes:

Any more opinions?

rinku
14th March 2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Rabid_Cow
Huh, maybe i will go with surf, but I don't know about guillotine. Where would I put it?

I'd swap it with Aerial Ace or Brick Break, probably the latter. Aerial Ace is useful vs Grass as well as Fighting, so it covers more vulnerabilities.

Since you *will* need to breed Body Slam on from the Spheal family (who do not learn Aerial Ace) you *will* be burning Aerial Ace (and Brick Break if you go with that as well) to get your set. Aggron can at least get it bred on:

Taillow -> Swablu -> Treecko -> Aron

Though you would only be able to combine Earthquake & Aerial Ace by adding the TM EQ to Sceptile or the final Aron.

But then, you might have multiple copies of the various TMs from trade-and-restarts, or from borrowing other players' male pokémon to breed for stud...

Rabid_Cow
14th March 2004, 07:51 PM
This team is already in existence. I have access to 2 gameboys and have Ruby and Saphire. I'm going through Saphire for my 4th time now, and I just keep sending over my good pokes and my good TMs to Ruby.

I did have to breed about half of these guys. Aggron wasn't bred, I burned an EQ TM. I had to burn a EQ TM on my crunch bred Sceptile, and the 2 Aerial Aces weren't hard to obtain. (came after gym)

I still don't know about Guillotine though. It's still too risky in my opinion.

any more?:wave: