PDA

View Full Version : Volbeat?

Serpentra
11th March 2004, 07:58 PM
I can't find the prick....I've been looking in the area the pokedex directs you in for an hour now, still none....

This is just as bad, if not worse, than my search for Chansey in pokemon gold....I found a shiny Nidorino before i found Chansey....

Any tips? Ratios/Percentages? I'm playing Ruby version, and I'm aware that finding a Volbeat is considerably harder than finding an Illumise....

rinku
11th March 2004, 08:16 PM
Only on R117, only 1% chance of an encounter. Just keep trying...

You could also try breeding Illumise - her male babies will be Volbeat.

AndrewPDes
11th March 2004, 08:17 PM
Volbeat is much more common in saphire, so trading would be a possibility.

Serpentra
11th March 2004, 08:44 PM
Thing is about trading....the closest person I know with Sapphire lives almost an hour's drive away from me....that wouldn't be possible any time soon...so...

Thanks for the tip, rinku! Now....who can breed with Illumise?

Poryhedron
11th March 2004, 08:47 PM
Hmm...I seem to remember using my Castform for that. I also used Castform to breed with a female Jigglypuff and get Igglybuff. Of course, if you wound up with a female Castform, this won't be too helpful.

rinku
11th March 2004, 09:59 PM
Illumise is Bug/Humanshape. Possible breeds are:

Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Surskit
Masquerain
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Nincada
Ninjask
Makuhita
Hariyama
Sableye (should you have one traded from Sapphire)
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Meditite
Medicham
Volbeat (but that's the problem... ;) )
Spinda
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Cacnea
Cacturne
Pinsir
Heracross

rinku
11th March 2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Poryhedron
Hmm...I seem to remember using my Castform for that. I also used Castform to breed with a female Jigglypuff and get Igglybuff. Of course, if you wound up with a female Castform, this won't be too helpful.

Whatever you might think you remember, Castform (Fairy/Indeterminate) will not breed with Illumise (Bug/Humanshape).

Getting a female Castform (which is the better option!) just means breeding until you get a boy Castform baby.

EngiMatikul
11th March 2004, 10:10 PM
Funny. I have Ruby and I find Volbeat quite often. Not as often as Illumise, but I would never expect that it has a 1% ratio of appearing in the wild.

However, the truly best way to get a Volbeat is to breed a bug with Illumise. Or a fighting pokemon. A common male machop would work.

Gothic Animé
12th March 2004, 01:03 PM
Well, I have both versions, and yeah, I've found both Volbeat and Illumise. It's really all about luck, though. I mean, it's there, but it took me FOREVER to find one. You're probably better off doing what everyone else has told you, but who knows? It's out there. And won't you kick yourself in the......rear, if you breed to get one then step in grass and find one? Haha, that would happen to me, but.....yeah I guess you don't need any more advice.

Poryhedron
12th March 2004, 03:07 PM
Whatever you might think you remember, Castform (Fairy/Indeterminate) will not breed with Illumise (Bug/Humanshape).

Hmm...Illumise isn't Fairy? Oh well...I probably remember trying and have forgotten the part where it failed.

Victreebong
14th March 2004, 03:54 PM
i spent a VERY long time breeding a male beautifly with a female illumise to get a male volbeat that was exactly the way i wanted it. problem with volbeat is it's like a GSC alakazam; it needs 5 move slots to be really good.

not only that, but illuminate is useless as swarm is excellent for volbeat; it ain't going to live long but has enough special defense, speed, and some move options to make signal beam really useful. my suggestion is fill up your pokedex, work on at least one or two other bugs (like heracross, pinsir, and armaldo) before you start tackling volbeat, because he is an endeavor of a pokemon if there ever was one.

did i mention that breeding illumise gets you volbeat AND other illumise, so half of your staple will be another pokemon, combined with two traits, one of which being useless, personalllities, and of course those dreaded IVs. expect some extreme difficulties with this pokemon.