PDA

View Full Version : .hack//SIGN is Coming to the US!

EVme15
25th January 2003, 02:16 PM
I knew it was coming sometime. On February 1st, Cartoon Network is gonna show .hack//SIGN! This was the one show I could see being suitable for regular TV.
AND TSUKASA! YEAH!
Boy, he sounds cool...
So, what do you all think?

Red Angel
25th January 2003, 02:48 PM
I don't get CN, so I won't be able to watch...

<cries>

<sulks miserably in the corner>

Shadow Trainer Ash
25th January 2003, 05:07 PM
Well, no matter how much I love .hack//SIGN, I'm still very upset. Pretty much every anime the Cartoon Network touches they ruin, and I would just really hate to see that happen to such a great show. :( Oh well. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Furret Lover
25th January 2003, 05:40 PM
Huh whats .hack//SIGN?

Shadow Trainer Ash
25th January 2003, 06:15 PM
.hack//SIGN is a very popular anime series in Japan showed on TV Tokyo. (Home of such anime as Hikaru no Go, Senkaiden Houshin Engi, Tenshi ni Narumon, and more known such as Pocket Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Slayers, and Shinseiki Evangelion) I don't want to give out too much here, as I don't want to spoil the plot, but it's about an online MMORG known as "The World". There's also video games, OVAs, and even a branch of comics based on the same situation. But .hack//SIGN itself is mainly about Tsukasa.

PlatinumHawke
25th January 2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Trainer Ash
Well, no matter how much I love .hack//SIGN, I'm still very upset. Pretty much every anime the Cartoon Network touches they ruin, and I would just really hate to see that happen to such a great show. :( Oh well. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Well, considering how Pioneer is doing the dubbing, and they have a long streak of good dubs. And I actually want to see the .hack//SIGN dub, even though I think dubs are the true evil of the world, and should be done away with...

Shadow Trainer Ash
25th January 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by PlatinumHawke
Well, considering how Pioneer is doing the dubbing, and they have a long streak of good dubs. And I actually want to see the .hack//SIGN dub, even though I think dubs are the true evil of the world, and should be done away with...

True. I saw that Pioneer was doing the dubbing about a month ago, but was still plenty nervous. I just keep thinking of how lots of other great anime were dubbed, and end up shuddering all over again. x_o But most of all, I'm concerned about cut scences, the voice actors, and how the pronounciation is going to end up. x_x'

Dubs are truely evil...

Eyedolize
26th January 2003, 02:02 AM
I don't know much about .hack//SIGN anime, but I've just recently saw the preview of it in CN, and it looks pretty cool.
Hopefully, Pioneer makes a good dubbing for this show, and well I certainly hope that CN doesn't screw it up with too much editing or such.

Mew2-formally known as Evee67-
26th January 2003, 08:01 PM
horrrah! but i don't get CN :( :( :( :( :(

Mister Mew
28th January 2003, 10:55 PM
Well, I've heard good things about .hack//SIGN and I do get CN yet CN has ruined almost every anime they get their corporate mandible sunk into. Thus far, I do believe only Cowboy Bebop has been able to escape the clutches of the evil CN standards and practice division and come out still looking good. YuYu came close but I still have a feeling that there is more missing then there should be.

On the flip side, I've heard the .hack// video game was somewhat of a disappointment because of length. That, however, has absolutely nothing to do with this topic though. All I know is CN better restrain S&P and keep them from butchering yet another great anime. I'll watch it, though. After the mentally crippling disappointment I received from Lupin III and the fact that I forgot about Serial Experiment Lain on TechTV making me miss much of the series, I need something of a good anime to help me recover. I wonder where they'll fit .hack//SIGN in anyways. As long as it doesn't replace Cowboy Bebop, Im fine.

EVme15
29th January 2003, 04:19 AM
*points up* Guess what? They're putting it on normal Toonami. There's a bit of reliefe and confidence for everyone... (NOT!) It's gonna be on at three (PM, dang) so get your tapes ready. On your mark, get set, TSUKASA! (Everyone falls)

Ninetales3001
30th January 2003, 05:28 AM
SO SOON?! Really? OMG! I wish I got the Cartoon Network - .hack//SIGN is my FAVORITE anime. ~_~ Does this mean that the DVDs might be out sooner? If so they I have a higher chance of getting them at Sakuracon2003! w00t!

Obi
30th January 2003, 07:01 PM
Excuse me for veering off topic, but since when does Cartoon Network "butcher" their anime?

Tenchi? Geez, that was back in...what...2000? Like you didn't] expect them to edit it? Same with Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing. Oh, or did you all forget about Gundam wing: Uncut?

DBZ is edited by FUNi, not Cartoon Network. It's not CN's fault.

There is barely anything missing from Yu Yu Hakusho unless you count some dialogue changes, attack changes, one fighter getting a swastika digitally removed from his forehead, and Kuwabara squeezing Keiko's breasts. And once again, that's entirely edited by FUNI. Goodness, they even left in the middle finger UNBLURRED!

Inu-Yasha? Very little editing, mostly to do with some gore and nudity. And even most of THAT is left in, albeit cropped for the latter.

Cowboy Bebop is, in fact, the most edited of any Adult Swim show and that's only because it was the first one and therefore had to break through the BS&P's rules.

Lupin is barely edited.

And I still don't understand how CN can "NeeDlesLy bU\cther!1" .hack//SIGN considering there's almost NOTHING TO EDIT. If anything, i'd be worried to see how CN handles Neon Genesis Evangelion, since they'll be airing the first two, and ONLY the first two, episodes of it on Toonam next month during Giant Robot Week.

So can someone please tell me since when CN butchers anime? If anyone, 4Kids, FUNi, and Saban are worse offenders. CN has the most LAX editing standards.

Therefore, I'd say .hack//SIGN is in VERY good hands.

EVme15
30th January 2003, 07:48 PM
WTF? WTF? WTF? NGE? Toonami? Giant Robot Week? That's gonna be horribly cut and I mean horribly... I can see it already. *shudders*
At least they're not doing the 5th episode... I have 5-8 on DVD :D Meet Rei. HELLO KIDDIES! :P
The only reason I'll tape that is because I need the footage of Shinji. Don't ask, long story, most likely wishful thinking...
GRR! 2 MORE DAYS TIL .hack//SIGN! 2 MORE DAYS UNTIL... *everyone braces* TSUKASA! (For those of you who haven't gotten the hint yet, he's mine already! ^_^ )

Obi
31st January 2003, 03:32 PM
They're not going to "horribly butcher" NGE. It's only the first two episodes, and that's it. There's not much to "horribly butcher".