PDA

View Full Version : At Long Last!!!(Respond as quickly as possible)

Serpentra
12th March 2004, 06:02 PM
After a bunch of breeding and a few Hondew(indigo) pokeblocks, I FINALLY have a level 6, Modest Milotic!

Here are it's stats:

Milotic, Lv. 6

MODEST nature

HP: 28
Attack: 10
Defense: 16
SP. ATK: 18
SP. DEF: 20
Speed: 14

I want to make this Milotic as good as possible, so I am going to infect it with Pokerus (I caught a Slakoth with it very early in my game:D) to help it...She'll be in for a long day of training by then...I'll probably even get her to level 50 if I'm fast enough....

...but aside from Pokerus, how else can I increase it's stats to get everything that I can from this Milotic(Macho Brace?Yes/No)? Any possible movesets for the Battle Tower? If so, I'd like an explaination please^_^

I really want to make this a strong fighter...I need YOUR help for that....I'd prefer answers as quickly as possible....

Ultimate Pikachu
12th March 2004, 07:46 PM
For Battle Tower, they don't get good until after 50 trainers. Then they go crazy with berries that add stats after they get low HP. You could use a team full of sweepers to destroy them quickly.

A set for Milotic could be
Surf
Ice Beam
Mirror Coat(this is an egg move, if you don't have it, use something else.)
Recover/Attract/Hypnosis(Egg Move)

Poryhedron
12th March 2004, 09:11 PM
Macho Brace is often suggested, since it doubles EV gain (so your Pokérus-ed Milotic would be getting 4x!) the only reason you might not want to use it is if speed is important to you during training, since the Macho Brace halves speed but only while you wear it.

Serpentra
13th March 2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Poryhedron
Macho Brace is often suggested, since it doubles EV gain (so your Pokérus-ed Milotic would be getting 4x!) the only reason you might not want to use it is if speed is important to you during training, since the Macho Brace halves speed but only while you wear it.

AH! That was the only problem...I had initially thought that the Macho Brace halved speed permanently....thanks a lot for that...I think I will use the Macho Brace in conjunction with the Pokerus....It's not like I'll be relying on speed that often...now.....I think I'll use my pretty standard Milotic....

Surf
Ice Beam
Double Team/Attract(I'm leaning more towards Double Team... Should I use Attract instead?)
Recover

Rate this.....ah...before I forget.....I need something else....

I'm considering breeding a new Bagon....My current Battle Tower Salemence's specs are as follows:

LONELY nature(-Defense +Attack)(Is this decent? His weaknesses all involve Special Attacks, but he has only one physical attack to dish out)

HP: 169
Attack: 161
Defense: 92
Sp. ATK: 134
Sp. Def: 89
Speed: 122

Attacks:

Fly
Crunch
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

... It has "Sweeper" written all over it....He's at my front lines in the Battle Tower...whatever she can't do, Metagross can....whatever Metagross can't do (The enemy would be hurting by now), Milotic would finish off:D

Now I'm want to know....What nature do you recommend for Salamence? Do you recommend breeding it? If so, what egg moves do you recommend I teach it? I really want this Battle Tower team to be the best it can be....I'm willing to put the work in to get my desired results.....

Metagross seems fine....It adores me now, with the assistance of the Soothe Bell:D Just a few specs before I leave....

:DNeotank/Metagross

BRAVE nature (-Speed +Attack)

HP: 158
Attack: 177
Defense: 147
Sp. Atk: 120
Sp Def: 108
Speed: 87

Attacks:

Return
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Iron Defense

Rate/Suggest etc....It's not like I can breed it....Movesets are always welcome....

I appreciate all of your help, but I need a response as soon as possilble....preferably within the next half hour....

Sceptile_Master
13th March 2004, 10:31 AM
I have never really raised a Milotic although I do have one. Is it at max beauty and you haven't got a blue scarf yet then go do that to help in contests. A moveset huh, how about

surf
Ice beam
double team/toxic
Recover

make it hold something like a kings rock and pump up its sp.atk and speed evs to help.
For your other members for the battle tower:

I find fast pokes with high attack (if only i could enter my Deoxys in, its really anoying) do well once the battle tower trainers start to toughen up. Until then they are really weak.

Anyways keep trying and all that hard work will pay off.:D

The Gremlin
13th March 2004, 10:42 AM
Instead of making a new topic i thought i would ask this here.

Where do you get the macho brace from.

Poryhedron
13th March 2004, 01:00 PM
Win the Macho Brace by defeating all four members of the Winstrate family at their house on Route 11 (Well, actually, there are five members, but the last one is far away in Victory Road and the game doesn't actually identify him as a Winstrate; you have to figure it out based on what he says and the fact that his name fits the family motif.)

By the way, Salamence does have a physical weakness. They're weak against Rock-type attacks.

AndrewPDes
14th March 2004, 01:42 AM
Attract offers aproximatly a 50% chance for creating an Attract effect in the opponent, which offers a 50% chance to not attack at all. Double team takes 6 turns to create a 66% miss chance for the opponent, which dosn't affect opponents from using stat-up moves. Your pick.

Serpentra
14th March 2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Poryhedron

By the way, Salamence does have a physical weakness. They're weak against Rock-type attacks.

Oh crap! I completely forgot about that! So what do you guys suggest nature-wise? I need some defense from rockers, so movesets would help....I think I'll take Attract over DT on Milotic....

...another question.....how do you max out EVs aside from using stat enhancers?

Poryhedron
14th March 2004, 03:54 PM
...another question.....how do you max out EVs aside from using stat enhancers?

Battle, battle, battle. They're not called "Effort Value" for nothing. Each kind of pokémon awards you a certain number of effort points for beating it. Whismur, for example, gives you a single HP effort point, while Duskull gives you two: one in Defense and one in Special Defense. Once you've reached your limit with supplements, battle the enemies that raise your EVs the way you want them raised. You'll know you're done raising a pokémon's EVs when the woman standing next to Slateport Market's Energy Guru gives the pokémon an Effort Ribbon as a prize.

rinku
14th March 2004, 04:38 PM
Recover should not be considered an optional move for Milotic.
Coinfuse ray is an excellent egg move for it - I'd rate it better than Attract or Mirror Coat as it is more reliable (only a couple of pokémon are immune to Confusion).

Milotic is capable of taking huge amounts of damage and sticking around - Toxic is a choice move for such a beast.

Without any useful egg moves, I'd go with:

Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Recover
Toxic

252 effort on Special Defense and Defense; 6 effort on HP.

Standard strategy is:

Toxic (unless target is immune or vulnerable to Ice or Water)
Recover (if damaged)
Attack, attack (recover as needed).

Your choice of held item. I usually use Lum berry and it has proven good. I'd leave Leftovers and Shell Bell to team-mates without a regeneration move. Brightpowder or Quick Claw would go OK.

Serpentra
15th March 2004, 05:41 PM
Which pokemon are the best for raising Defense and Special Defense EVs(or any EVs for that matter), and how do you know how many effort points your pokemon have exactly?

Ah yes...and as I've mentioned before....What about Salamence?(scroll up....too lazy...:p)

rinku
15th March 2004, 07:38 PM
Best place to train Defense is probably underwater - Clamperl gives 1 Defense effort and is the most common encounter. If you are training for HP and Defense, Relicanth is 1HP 1D and Chinchou is 1HP, making underwater ideal.

R113 isn't bad - just run away from all the Spinda and fight the Sandshrew (1D) and any Skarmory (2D). Note that Koffing and Weezing are also pure Defense effort, so make sure to fight the Ninja Boy repeat trainer on that route.

The Firey Path is OK too:
Torkoal (2D)
Koffing (1D)

Also the Granite Cave, especially with rock smash:
Aron (1D)
Geodude (1D)
Graveller (2D)
Nosepass (1D)

You should be able to find lists of what gives what effort around the net.

Salamence is fine without breeding moves, but some of its useful moves are TMs that you might want to breed on (i.e. Aerial Ace). Note that you CAN'T breed on Earthquake, as Bagon doesn't learn it. TM only.

You should decide if you want it to be a Special sweeper, Physical sweeper or leave your options open. A special sweeper will benefit from having Hydro Pump bred on if you want, though the two best Special attacks it can learn (Dragon Claw and Crunch) are both level-up moves, and it can buy its Fire moves (Flamethrower or Fire Blast).

Even a Special optimised Salamence will have a respectable Attack, so it's wise to give it one physical option to deal with Special Defenders like Milotic. Earthquake is popular, but Return, Headbutt, Aerial Ace Brick Break and Fly are all good options. Note that unlike Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Brick Break can be bred on, though to combine them you'd need to use at least one TM. But once you HAVE the set, you can keep breeding it on from Pappa.

A physical sweeping Salamence should still keep Dragon Claw for use vs physical defenders and other Dragons. Breeding on Dragon Dance is a fair option here.

About the most subtle a Salamence set gets is to include Protect or Double Team. It's fast, it's powerful, it can take a fair bit of damage. Give it Shell Bell and let it rip.