PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Team Building, RMT/6th Pogeyman

Chris 2.1
13th March 2004, 06:55 AM
Hey everyone, I've got a team in progress in Crystal:

Heracross: Endure/Reversal/Megahorn/E-quake
I really like this set and now, this Pokemon. A firm favourite.

Jynx: Psychic/Perish song/Icy Wind/Mean Look
I fancied a trapper/annoyer set, but Lovely kiss is learned at Level 9, when she's still Smoochum...anyway I will replace IW with Ice Beam when i can, which is soon I assure you! Anyway a trapper/annoyer set combining Mean Look and Perish Song would be appreciated.

Raichu: T-bolt/T-wave/Slam/Double Team
This guy is my highest level-wise, but...well his MS sucks. Something over Slam and DT...but it would help if breeding moves were kinda left out, but any help is appreciated

Xatu: Psychic/Confuse Ray/Nightshade/Future Sight
Oh, the n00b shame. This guy is rather pathetic, well with FS anyway. I don't like it all that much. Any ideas?

Primeape: Cross chop/Dig/Low Kick/Seismic Toss
All my TM's ready for disposal, as well as any past moves. She's a good member IMO, she's pretty accurate with CC, and Seismic will come in handy when she's level 100.

Ok, I have two Psy's, that's bad, and I need a 6th Member. I thought perhaps a Smeargle:

Smeargle: Spore/Cross Chop/???/???

*CC to cover Dark Weakness.

Anyway, movesets help would be greatly appreciated, as well as a 6th Pokemon, Smeargle or No Smeargle, with any moveset suggestions.

Thankyou,
Chris

Number1ChanseyFan
13th March 2004, 02:23 PM
Hi Chris!! :wave:

Heracross-To get the most out of Endure/Reversal, you will really need to have an Agility or two Baton Passed to Heracross. Sleep Talk and Rest has become the standard for Heracross instead of Endure/Reversal, and it works really good. If you keep the Endure/Reversal set, then attach a Miracleberry. If you use something else, then attach Leftovers.

Jynx-Smoochum learns Sweet Kiss at Level 9, and Jynx learns Lovely Kiss at Level 9. If you catch a Jynx from the Ice Path, it will already know Lovely Kiss. There is another way to get Lovely Kiss on Jynx, but it isn't very convenient. It requires Pokémon Stadium 2. In PS2, If you neat the Johto Gym Leader Castle with your own Pokémon, than Lance will give you the chance to teach one of your Pokémon a previously learned natural moves. (no Egg moves) move that the Pokémon has forgotten.

Jynx

Ice Beam
Lovely Kiss
Mean Look
Perish Song
@Leftovers.

Raichu-Surf is a very nice move to have on Raichu. (Surfing Pikachus can only be obtained in Pokémon Stadium 1) HP ice and Reflect could work for the last two moves. Another option for Raichu would be Endure/Reversal, if anything else, it could surprise a Tyranitar.

Xatu-The moveset isn't all that bad. Drill Peck would be great, but Drill Peck requires breeding. If you really don't want to do breeding, then perhaps something like Giga Drain would work, but it wouldn't really be as effective as Drill Peck would be.

Xatu

Drill Peck
Psychic
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
@Leftovers.

Primeape-When a Pokémon can be either female or male, then the females will always have lower attack than the males of the species. I was just letting you know, since you referred to your Primeape as a female. However, breeding is required to get some of the better moves on Primeape, like Rock Slide.

Primeape

Cross Chop
Rock Slide
Meditate/Psych Up
Attract(if you keep a female Primeape)/Rest
@Leftovers.

Now, for the last Pokémon, if you want to go with a Smeargle, you can't really rely on attacking moves, even to cover weaknesses. Smeargle's max attack stat is 138, and it's max special attack stat is 138, so it can't really do a whole lot of damage, even against something that it's moves would have a type advvantage against. If you want to go with a Smeargle, you could try something like this.

Smeargle

Agility
Spore
Spikes
Baton Pass
@Leftovers.

This Smeargle is more of an annoyer/supporter, it also keep the option open if you want to keep Endure/Reversal on Heracross, since it can pass Agility to Heracross. If you are looking for a different Pokémon other than Smeargle, then maybe something like Tyranitar or Miltank would work good

Tyranitar

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
@Leftovers.

Miltank

Body Slam
Curse
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
@Leftovers.

Overall: No 3x weaknesses, which is very good. For in-game purposes, your team is already very good. For battling with other people, with a little bit of work on a few of the movesets, it will definitely be a very nice UU team. It's nice to see some UU Pokémon being used, instead of the same, usual Pokémon. Nice Work!! :)

Sir Chris
13th March 2004, 03:48 PM
endure/reversal raichu? Have ye bumped thy head? =P

Here is a set for raichu :yes:

thunder bolt
thunder wave
substitute
surf(if you can)/reflect

I am very fond of substitute on raichu, just works all well and such

I also like counter on smeargle, with his low defenses yet not low enough to usually get koed, its an excellent little surprise. Agility.counter,destiny bond, spikes... or something to that measure.

I also prefer curse,counter,mega horn, eqarthquake on heracross.

nice name btw chris, and welcome to the boards..

Chris 2.1
14th March 2004, 10:07 AM
Ok, Chris and Chansey, thankyou! This is great help.

Heracross - Keeping set

Jynx - I'll try N1CF's set, although I'll need to take down Gym Leader Castle (Methinks Lv100 Mew/Mew2 can help me;)) and get that Lovely Kiss (AND remember to have Jynx in my party!)

Raichu: I never got PS1, so I'll try Chris (Hey! Nice name!)'s set. It seems pretty good. Erm can I get Sub in GSC? or should I just trade to RBY and get TM50?

Xatu - I guess I'll try Giga Drain, and if it sucks, I'll go all the way for Drill Peck....*shrugs*

Primeape: Ok, sounds good, thankyou.

6th Pogeymanz: Well, I might get Smeargle or Milky.....darn they both look so good :( I'll try Smeargle, I think.

Oh, and Chris? I've been here since Nov 2001....^^;;.

phaedrus
25th March 2004, 06:19 PM
Heracross: Endure/Reversal/Megahorn/E-quake
I really like this set and now, this Pokemon. A firm favourite.
Rates in bold. Pass some Agility or :no:

Jynx: Psychic/Perish song/Icy Wind/Mean Look
I fancied a trapper/annoyer set, but Lovely kiss is learned at Level 9, when she's still Smoochum...anyway I will replace IW with Ice Beam when i can, which is soon I assure you! Anyway a trapper/annoyer set combining Mean Look and Perish Song would be appreciated.
Ok. If you want put protect in instead of Icy Wind for Additional Stallage as the count goes down...

Raichu: T-bolt/T-wave/Slam/Double Team
This guy is my highest level-wise, but...well his MS sucks. Something over Slam and DT...but it would help if breeding moves were kinda left out, but any help is appreciated
Hm...depends if you want the RD Raichu, or some other ms....RD-Thunder-Surf-Reflect/SweepageMove

Xatu: Psychic/Confuse Ray/Nightshade/Future Sight
Oh, the n00b shame. This guy is rather pathetic, well with FS anyway. I don't like it all that much. Any ideas?
Xatu is a good UU. Giga Drain/Drill Peck>Future Sight

Primeape: Cross chop/Dig/Low Kick/Seismic Toss
All my TM's ready for disposal, as well as any past moves. She's a good member IMO, she's pretty accurate with CC, and Seismic will come in handy when she's level 100.
Psych Up will come in handy, so that over Low Kick. Rock Slide>Dig....Or if you can't get Rock Slide at least HP Rock or sumthin...

nice team overall, just needs polishing.

EDIT: for 6th Pogey go for the OU, hella annoying HB-Softboiled-LS-IceBeam@leftovers Blissey, or PympTank. Smeargle tends to be too weak....:no:
adios

Chris 2.1
26th March 2004, 01:19 PM
Mr Buu - Thanks! I Already have my Smeargle set, he's just levelling up. To be honest the team was sorta random/UU, but thanks! I really like it ^^