PDA

View Full Version : What's your obsession?

darktyranitar
13th March 2004, 07:42 AM
Hobby, obsession. Just the same meaning.

I just wanna know what hobby you guys out there got, when you have the hobby and why you like the hobby.

My hobby is rock collection. It all started when I was 10. I saw a crystal lying on a ground, pick it up, and bring it home. Since then I have been collecting more of them. I like the hobby because....rocks are so facsinating.Diffrent colour, shape...8)

Anyway, what's your hobby?

Yoh Asakura
13th March 2004, 07:46 AM
A rock is a rock to me o.-

Anywho, I dun really have one, unless you count collecting video games *Shrugs*

darktyranitar
13th March 2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by YAMI YUGI™
A rock is a rock to me o.-

Anywho, I dun really have one, unless you count collecting video games *Shrugs*

I saw that coming...;o

Yoh Asakura
13th March 2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by darktyranitar
I saw that coming...;o

Thought I'd get it over with before anybody else mentioned it :D

kainashi
13th March 2004, 09:14 AM
nothing, it is not good to be obsessed.

Sorovis
13th March 2004, 09:15 AM
I collect rocks and old pennies. The last time I was really building on them was about two years ago, though. But I plan to keep them even if I never do get around to collecting again. I don't really collect video games, but I do have quite a few of them.

suzie
13th March 2004, 09:42 AM
my obsession is england and boys. so yeah, english boys. :wave:

Bakuryu
13th March 2004, 10:24 AM
I collect rocks, video games, quarters, and yugioh cards.

The Gremlin
13th March 2004, 10:35 AM
My obsessions are ... well look at my avatar
swooosh

My hobbies are drawing and 3D modelling

and collecting computer games i suppose

[EDIT] English boy right here suzie, *wink* *wink*

Crystal Mew
13th March 2004, 12:14 PM
Well, ask anyone, here, or offline, and they'll say I'm obessed with LoTR :rolleyes: which I guess is true...
right now my "hobby" is trying to collect as many posters of people like Orlando, Elijah, Billy, Dom, Viggo..all the hot guys from LoTR :>

yeah so I'm obessed with boys and lotr :o

The Rusted One
13th March 2004, 07:55 PM
Drawing, diet coke, reading...I can't really think of any specifics.

Anyway, this seems more poll-like than anything else, so I might flick it over to PCG.

suzie
13th March 2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by The Gremlin

[EDIT] English boy right here suzie, *wink* *wink*

sorry bebe, woz is my english boy atm :wave:

Green_Pikachu
14th March 2004, 01:33 AM
woz is english omg wtf?

funny, i never thought his teeth were THAT bad..

lol, jk. X)

i dont know if i have an obsession. maybe just life in general.

Leon-IH
14th March 2004, 04:09 AM
Finishing anything and everything that i own.

I also have a bad case of grinding my teeth, does that count

ChicRocketJames
14th March 2004, 10:00 AM
My obsessions aren't really "hobbies", unless you count the fact that I'm toying with the idea of making website triibutes to them. I'm completely, totally and utterly obsessed by the TV show "Ally McBeal" and all versions of the black comedy musical "Little Shop Of Horrors". I could talk about either one for hours. ^^

As far as hobbies go, I guess you could now include amatuerish writing since I started on my fanfic. But that's not really an obsession, just something I do for fun.

Sakura12
14th March 2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Crystal Mew
Well, ask anyone, here, or offline, and they'll say I'm obessed with LoTR :rolleyes: which I guess is true...
right now my "hobby" is trying to collect as many posters of people like Orlando, Elijah, Billy, Dom, Viggo..all the hot guys from LoTR :>

yeah so I'm obessed with boys and lotr :o

Someone mentioned Viggo posters?!?! Gimme, gimme, gimme!!

Well, you could say I'm obsessed with LotR, especially with Aragorn and Anduril, his sword.

Other obsessions would include Harry Potter. (See list of quotes in my sig...) That's about it.

EmpressMyuu
14th March 2004, 12:57 PM
I have so many different collections, it's not funny.

I have a rock collection, a bug collection (my cousin let me have it--it has some really cool bugs in it), a cat collection, a Beanie Baby collection, a Pokémon card collection, a dragon collection, a snow globe collection...there's too many to list!

Let's just say our family members are pack rats by nature. :D

Fett One
14th March 2004, 03:01 PM
My hobbies are playing PC games and collecting comic books. My uncle got me started on collecting comics when I was 10 by giving me a bunch of his comics.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th March 2004, 03:07 AM
Girls
Drawing
Languages
Mathematics
Pokémon

Those are probably five of the biggest obsessions I have had during my life.

RedStarWarrior
16th March 2004, 11:57 AM
Passion...
Lust...
Desire...
Obsession by Calvin Klein.

I don't really have any obsessions. I enjoy NationStates, but I am not over the top in regards to it.

Chris
16th March 2004, 04:58 PM
It's not particularly an obsession, but I've always listed one of my hobbies as hacking. Note: If your definition of hacking involves the media-infected view of attempting to gain unauthorised access to something, stop reading. Ever since I got my first computer (I think it was when I was about 6), I was intrigued by the way it all worked (well, most of the time :P) and how it all came together. That's when I began going a little further and sometimes taking various components/programs apart to find out exactly how they worked, mainly so I could get the full experience out of them. The habit stuck, and ever since then I've considered myself a hacker. :)

AntiAsh Superstar
16th March 2004, 08:51 PM
I'm obsessed with increasing my CD collection, seriously it's scary as to how much it grows, we're talking over 300 albums here! Umm, there's also writing for Dragon Tamers, beyond that I don't think I care to share any of my other obsessions with a Pokémon message board. :P

Angel Blossom
16th March 2004, 10:26 PM
Obsession? Well, I wouldn't say I have an obsession with anything. I don't get way too into something.. I always grow afraid that it might suck my life away. XD However, I do have a few hobbies and interests, like cars, shopping, and dogs. Most people who know me well know that I love to talk about autos. I like all sorts of cars.. from Lamborghinis to Fiats. I'm a major airhead when it comes to shopping for clothes & accessories.. Guess?, American Rag, whatever's cute at Nordstroms or Bloomingdales.. ^^ As for doggies.. I just LUV them! They're kawaii, some of them are sweet.. I know almost every dog breed and their recognized colors. (How did I learn that? Lets just say I had WAY too much free time over Christmas break.) If we get permission from the condominium owner, we will get an Italian Greyhound!

So, those are my hobbies and my interests. I know, I know.. they're a tad bit lame, but it doesnt matter much. I like mine, no matter how lame they are. :wave:

MarshmallowEgg
17th March 2004, 07:28 AM
Band. I've been a band geek since, like, the fifth grade. We have a competition tomorrow - it should be fun. Better than sitting through, like, math or English, in any case. And I have a solo in one of our songs. ^_^

darktyranitar
18th March 2004, 06:56 AM
Forgot to mention, I also collect natural things(bugs, leaf, shell etc) and also collecting Pokemon TCG. I also used to collect stamps and coins.

Also, I have a weird obsession, I like to quote other people words(Refer my avatar and sig):D

titandude21
18th March 2004, 11:49 AM
sports... college and pro football, college and pro basketball, baseball, golf, hockey, tennis, almost everything...

online pokemon battling

drawing golf courses

simulations of sports events

there's more that i don't have off the top of my head... it's hard to get much weirder than me

ChesterBLover
20th March 2004, 12:19 PM
video games......and drawing....yes...and Chester Bennington.....

kurai
4th April 2004, 12:13 PM
Basically just Internet in general, I probably spend far too much time on the interweb.

Dean
4th April 2004, 12:15 PM
i am basically obsessed with conquering the world. That is why I fight the zionist scum, day in and day out.

shazza
8th April 2004, 02:22 AM
My hobby/obsession is probably taping every Simpsons that has aired in Australia. However I don't even label the tapes in Seasons as I started when I was about 5. But every new simpsons or South Park that is on I must tape. I have all South Park's on tape and most Simpsons. :yes:

pimuni
8th April 2004, 02:48 AM
I collect human ashes and teeth...

lol, just kidding. I like videogames, computers, science, math, and electronics. Dont really have a collection of things. I used to collect Pokemon Cards, but I decided it was a waste of money. Some things I have in an interesting amount are: Gamecube Games + Nintendo Power Magazines. I have like 30 Gamecube Games and like 50 Nintendo Power Magazines (subscribed for like about 3 years? maybe 4)

-pimuni :banana:

midnightangel
8th April 2004, 10:29 AM
I have a major "passion" for collecting things....up to the point of obsession sometimes. :sweat:

At first it was the Pokemon card game that I was getting for months, until I decided to stop collecting them well over a year or so ago--I do have a notebook filled full of cards.
Next came the Beanie Baby bears and its counterpart, the Beanie Buddy bears, which again I have given up collecting. For now anyway :tongue:

My latest collections include the Shonen Jump magazines I've received since they first came out, and anime bean bag toys and plushies. I have a bean bag Mewtwo, bean bag Keroberos (CCS), a plush Pikachu, a plush Ein (Cowboy BeBop) and I'm getting a plush InuYasha Kirara Cat.

And, of course, there's my obsession with anime in general--especially Yu-Gi-Oh!, InuYasha, and Cowboy BeBop for starters :lol:

Razola
8th April 2004, 11:09 AM
Video games. I've been gaming since I was like three. I buy them by the boatload, and am always up for a LAN or online match. Video games are the...cool...thing.

Systematic Revolution
8th April 2004, 04:50 PM
My main hobby is playing guitar :banana: I usually play guitar around 3-5 hours per day and more on the weekends. Another obsession would be MTG probably. I don't play that as much anymore though.

:lemon: SR :lemon:

abunaidesu
4th July 2004, 09:10 AM
probably the internet. when i was in second grade, i use to come home, and my brother would on the computer alot(he was a senior in high school at the time) and i eventually picked it up, since it seemed so interesting.

Agent Elrond
4th July 2004, 05:32 PM

You're forggeting Karl, Sean (Bean), and Craig. ;)

My Obsession is Horses. Basically, you have top be obsessed about them if you are going to own one for more than two months. I've had mine for about five years now, so I'm pretty far gone.

Aside from that, I'm also into Hayao Miyazaki films, Diana Wynne Jones books, drawing, (MAJORLY!) mountain biking, swimming, writing, oh yeah, and Pokemon. >.>

Kris
4th July 2004, 05:41 PM
Smarties :yes:

Anyone got some?!??!?!?!?!?!

Katie
4th July 2004, 06:03 PM
neopets!!! anytime anyone asks what's up I'm always like "neopets 8)" though I haven't been playing as much as I used to now that all my pets are painted and I have like no big np goals anymore..

~Katie

Jay Umbreon
5th July 2004, 05:19 AM
good poll, although not so when you changed it from 'obsession' to 'hobby' - I preferred the obession question. So I shall answer that.

My obsession is Blink 182. I've loved the band since I was about 13, and just love the music and how it's so true to teenage and everyday life. Just three guys with amazing personalities that have come so far over the past 12 years with their music. I have all of the albums, I have shirts, posters, hoodies, stickers, more or less everything. I've been to see one of their gigs once (february just gone) and I'm seeing them again in December. can't wait. :)

~Jay

phaedrus
5th July 2004, 12:22 PM
music, good music.

e.g.
The Clash
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Franz Ferdinand
Green Day
The Vines
blink-182
Modest Mouse

they are awesome.

next, i'd have to say guitar. guitar is liek awesome.

My main hobby is playing guitar I usually play guitar around 3-5 hours per day and more on the weekends.
SR

axe of choice?

video games are cool, interweb is cool, sleeping, eating, stuff lazy bums do. i used to play mtg, but that got old because i kept kicking my friends asses. one of my decks only lost once, and that was a 2 vs. 1, so it's not that bad.

don't remember anything else. oh, that's right. women. >:O

EDIT: LOTR, and this almost got necroed. >:O

Scythemantis
5th July 2004, 01:04 PM
Insects, monsters, and all strange creatures. I know obsession generally means an unhealthy fixation, but that's definately what I have...I probably have some sort of weird animal or monster on my mind 90% of the time. Heck, I play videogames more to see the enemies in action than anything else.

Yukitsukai
5th July 2004, 02:59 PM
Obsessions:

Internet
Music
Shopping
The Matrix

Hobbies:

Graphics! ^_^
Role playing

Zalika
5th July 2004, 03:25 PM
My obsessions would be... Marik Ishtar from Yu-Gi-Oh, Neopets, Rammstein, video games, and computers. :sweat4: As for hobbies, a few of them would be karate, horseback riding, playing video games, drawing, writing stories, and reading.

~Zalika :scared:

Cheesey
5th July 2004, 04:38 PM
My obsession is currently reading... I can't seem to stop reading books! I just pick up a book and I can't put it down unless I'm starving, or I'm bursting to go to the toilet, and even when I come back I just pick up the book again. I don't know what's come over me lately, I just randomly pick up books dotted around the house and read them. o_o;

I have quite a lot of hobbies. I like watching TV, coming online, playing computer games, going out with my friends, listening to music, playing the piano, playing the saxophone, and other random stuff... I have quite a lot of hobbies :sweat2:

gomez
7th July 2004, 10:56 AM
Umm...Pokemon Ruby has become my obsession for now. I just bought it like a week or two ago and am raising levels of various pokes I'd like to raise. Besides that, my job (delivery for Pizza Hut). I try to work as often as I can and am always filling in for people who schedule not to work. I worked 12-6 yesterday and 12-9 Monday, and have a full week of work ahead after today, my only day off for about two weeks. I also enjoy weed. I just started up again and it rocks. Having a job provides it for me. Thats basically all I do in a day: Work, play Ruby, smoke reefer. It works for me. Its a living.

Linc
7th July 2004, 11:15 AM
Drawing.
Draw. Draw like you've never drawn before. Draw I say DRAW!!!
And dragons. whenever my teacher talks for over fifteen minutes straight without asking a question/stopping to explain something to the dimwits, I pull out my paper and pencil and start to create dragons. I've always been facinated with strange creatures, which lead me to like dragons, and it probably lead me to likin gPokemon, too.