PDA

View Full Version : Music

Bakuryu
13th March 2004, 02:17 PM
What kind of music do you like and hate?

Yoh Asakura
13th March 2004, 02:27 PM
Topic whore >;(

I like Goth Rock, Rock, Punk Rock, Metal, jus' heavy things for meh. Dun like that crappy Pop stuff like 'Busted' and all that garbage.

woz
13th March 2004, 02:34 PM
i like a variety of music; no specific genre. i don't like rap or country much.

Craig
13th March 2004, 02:54 PM
I like non crappy music, like Punk, Goth & other things that involve musical instruments & singing... my current fav band is type o negative 8)

I hate Pop, Rap, Country and all the bands who call themselves punk or goth or whatever..some examples: good charlotte, simple plan, linkin park, evanescense, sum41.. etc.

Little_Pikachu
13th March 2004, 05:00 PM
Learn the difference between a meaningful, interesting topic, and a poll.
thnx.

Angel Blossom
13th March 2004, 05:19 PM
Huzzah! I just love topics about music, whether they're good topics or not.

I like rock music.. I've been listening to it ever since I was 9 years old, and I'm still into it. The subgenre of rock I'm most interested in is Grunge. There are plenty of great grunge bands I listen to - Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Pearl Jam.. they're very talented, and their music is enjoyable. A few other rock bands I enjoy are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus, System of a Down, Queen, the Beatles, Sublime, & some bands like Jet & The White Stripes.

Music I hate? Well, if Rap even qualifies for a music genre, I hate rap. I also dislike pop, hip hop, poser rock, & techno. Geez.. even videogame music owns those genres. XP

Extreme Value Orgasm
13th March 2004, 06:21 PM
Concerning one of the PCG rules specified in the main topic, this is quite unoriginal and should be deemed closed.

I like anything that pops on the radio. ;o

en0miz
13th March 2004, 07:00 PM
I love hip hop/rap and r&b... been listening to these genres since I became interested in music. The reason why I like these two is because I grew up on this type of music and the fact that there songs from every type of mood (songs with meaningful lyrics, and songs that were made mainly to shake your *** to :P).

I don't necessairly hate a genre of music (I'm sure there's one song or two that I'd like from it), but I can't stand rock and country. Rock music just not my thing, and I just can't relate to it. Country music is just damn boring. xD

Leon-IH
14th March 2004, 04:19 AM
meh, I listen to Helmet, pink floyd, metallica (old metallica, St. Anger sucks ***), System of a down (only good nu metal), Krafty kutz, Dj Krush, Tipper, Ozzy Osborne, Black Sabbath, Rod Zombie, Busta Rhymes.

I must say i HATE nirvana, honestly it's just more bull****..
"yes, we have no musical talent so i'm going to try and write good lyrics but because i'm a moron they will inherantly SUCK" The only good thing they did was in bloom and even thats dodgy.

My faveourite song is Wish You Were Here by pink floyd, and the song i can't abide any longer is ****in smells of teen spirit.

nightcrow
14th March 2004, 12:00 PM
Hmm.. as of the last few years or so, I have really gotten into underground(ish) metal. Not really any specific subgenre, because there are many bands that I like from all. Gothic, Doom, Black, Death... etc. All lovely.

I also really like classical and country.

I don't like rap. *shrug*

EmpressMyuu
14th March 2004, 12:48 PM
Let's see...I like a lot of different kinds of rock, mostly heavy metal, gothic rock, grunge, nu-metal, punk rock, etc. I even like old-school rock.

I used to like a lot of pop music when I was about 10, but I pretty much hate it now. I can't stand the new pop songs! I rarely listen to pop or techno, and if you do find me listening to pop, it's probably the old-school pop (it was after the 'Nsync "breakup" that pop really started to suck), which still isn't very often.

I don't like too much country either. But I do like some singers like Martina McBride.

Silver Ledian
14th March 2004, 01:11 PM
My favourite genres of music are Pop & R'n'B. I've always liked pop since I was a youngster and I still like it today, perhaps not the cheesy pop but pop with a bit of another genre attached to it as well - IMO not all pop is cheesy. R'n'B has been more recent and I've only come to like it in the last 3 years or so but yep, I like it.

I have to admit that if a song has a great tune then I'll enjoy it, I'm not someone who pays too much attention to the lyrics of songs unless it's of an artist I really like or a song that I can totally relate to. I suppose that's a reason why I still really like some pop music - many songs have good tunes even though the lyrics are relatively poor in a lot of cases.

I'm not a fan of much rock, although I must say I'll give a lot of stuff a try. I'm definately not into heavy metal and music that deafens you...I don't mind Nickleback, Evanescence etc.

kurai
4th April 2004, 12:28 PM
These days all I listen to is OSTs and remixes of Video Game Music, I don't really hate any specific genres, just whatever music my sister is playing loudly when I am trying to sleep is what I hate, as a general rule.

abunaidesu
11th June 2004, 12:26 PM
i like anything it just depends on my mood.

that excludes country music.