PDA

View Full Version : If the newest PKMN movie was with good animation

Lord Phillock
25th January 2003, 04:24 PM
What if a new PKMN movie came out and it had really great, and smooth animation, no lipflaps, but smoothly moving the lips like a person would do. And the shading being that well as in "Space Jam". Wouldn't that rule? (but of course the art is still anime)
Not edgy animation like the previous films, but really realistic movements. WOULDN'T THAT ROCK!?:D :D

P.S. I really need you guys to tell me...:yes: :yes: :yes: :( :yes: :yes: PLEAAAAAAAZ!

SygmaXE
25th January 2003, 04:26 PM
No. This is my opinion. I'm not trying to spam or be a butt hole. I like the animation as it is. My opinion! No touchy!

AKA Pokemon Fan
25th January 2003, 04:54 PM
Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon if they made the changes you suggest. The whole style of a fantasy/adventure monster-catching anime basically requires that kind of animation. Pokemon, like many anime, isn't meant to look extremely realistic (the characters don't even has fingernails drawn in close-ups). That's what helps keep it unique and outlandish. Really detailed and realistic animation is best left for anime like Cowboy Bebop (although I wouldn't say Ed moves very realistically:P ).

GoldenDragonite
25th January 2003, 08:14 PM
That would be pretty cool.

My idea for a pokemon movie would be it would all be 3D.. like Shrek. They make it in the US (Have to get some pretty good drawers for that) so the mouth movements match what the character is saying :-P Odd.. but I think it would be cool

Hanada Tattsu
25th January 2003, 09:52 PM
Actually, I disagree.

I think Pokemon is purposely drawn with hard-edged backgrounds and scratchy animation.

It's not like Walt Disney's 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty" where everything had to match and the lip syncs had to be the same.

I think, Pokemon, whether it be the show or the sixth movie, it deserves to be drawn and animated the way it is being currently done.

Rei_Zero
25th January 2003, 10:12 PM
That animation is what makes pokemon pokemon. If it had Coyboy Bebop's animation I would choke. First with laughter because that animation would be pathetic for such a light hearted anime and then with boredom as the animation doesn't really catch the mood of the story. For example, Gundam 0083 had such super drawing style which caught your attention and captured the seriousness. Digimon has that semi real animation which captures the mood of importance but which still has room for some lighthearted fun. The animation style is what reflects the mood so no, I would not change pokemon's animation style.

faizah_kibibi
26th January 2003, 03:59 AM
I actually like the pokemon style. And, in the newest movies (4th and 5th) the animation is really great esp. the combination with cgi. I love the water in the 5th movie.

I don't think they should change the animation. I love pokemon the way it is, and we all recognise it by the animation. If it would change it wouldn't be pokémon anymore.

ILikePokemonP
26th January 2003, 04:16 AM
We've had hundreds of episodes and quite a few movies drawn this way so why change it now?

Lord Phillock
26th January 2003, 06:02 AM
ARHGHH!! NO! THAT's NOT WHAT I MENT!

I mean, why would they put digital effects in a shabby animation.. there is much difference! Like the 2nd movie, why does this collector dude (Lawrence III is a rumored name i don' know if it's the real name) have "real" paintings of angels and stuff on the ceiling!? And i don't mean making charizard have scales, or venusaur with rough texture NO! It's still simple, just neatly shaded!

Now, i was saying smooth action-packet animation, nothing to do with the "style" just the animation! Like seeing charizard moving it's wings very detailed-like! Or seeing

And for a camera swoop and stuff...

And i see the fifth trailer of them trying to make the animation better, (there's a difference in the episodes, and the 5th movie)

And why would they make "realistic" cg versions of Latias & Latios? in the movie, when they turn into jetplanes and invisible-things.

So why not this?!

Hanada Tattsu
26th January 2003, 09:39 AM
We know what you meant.

LP, that is what the art of effects animation is all about. BTW, I've been studying the art of animation in Disney movies for the past couple of years, so I know what I'm talking about. I've also been studying the art of anime animation as well, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Effects Animation will spice up any kind of animation. Effects = CGI. I'm sure Japan will add a lot of CGI to the sixth movie, but seeing (like you said, Charizard's wings flying smoothly and shaded in neatly) is just not Pokemon.

In my opinion, we should leave all the work to the CGI, and leave the animation as is.