PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Early dismissal!

Zak
13th March 2004, 10:26 PM
Gotta love those! :D I have one next Wednesday.

1. Does your school do early dismissal on occasion?

2. What do you do at school on those days?

3. What do you do after school on those days?

4. When's your next one?

~~~

1. Obviously.

2. Well, depends how I feel. Sometimes I skip if my mom allows me, but usually when I go, we either get fun activities in class, or watch a movie.

3. Same stuff I do on weekends and days off. Meet with friends, or go home and sleep/play games/go online.

4. Um, I said so in my explanation, next Wednesday.

~Zak

kainashi
13th March 2004, 11:48 PM
1. like half days or something? sure.

2. nothing.

3. nothing.

4. i don't know.

Red Angel
14th March 2004, 01:31 AM

Yup. During parent-teacher conferences and the first thursday of each month <-don't ask :D

The usual stuff, just classes are a bit truncated.

Nothing special, really.

4. When's your next one?

Uh... probably the first thusday of April.

Ash_300
14th March 2004, 03:51 AM
1. Sometimes but in general no. The early dismissals are usually on report writing day.

2. Usually the same, studying. If I have a SAC coming up then I cram.:D

3. Study and/or games.

4. Well I do not have any early dismissals any time soon that I am aware of. I do get a day off for parent-teacher interviews but I have a maths SAC on that day.:D

Adz44
14th March 2004, 11:09 AM
1. I had some scheduled half-days at College, but because a tutor is retiring early in April, some extra sessions are in place of them.

2. I usually talk with my friends. Basically, I just wait until the next lesson. If there isn't one, I'll phone my dad to pick me up (if he feels like it).

3. What I'd usually do...play games. lol

4. Well, my half-day on Friday is back in April, but leaving a lesson early is quite a random occurence.

Rambunctious Jamirus
14th March 2004, 11:25 AM
We've never had one this year -_-" We usually get one the last day before Christmas break but we didn't. We don't even get a half day on the last day of school.

Well, there was a day when the seventh graders had to take the state wide test. The eighth graders got to do "fun" things in the gym while the sevies did that. I skipped during the morning since I had a dentist appointment the same day during the morning. Other than that, regular school stuff.

Nothing.

4. When's your next one?
Never most possibly.

Silver Ledian
14th March 2004, 01:16 PM
Normally on the last day of each term, we get out a few classes early, perhaps at lunchtime. But since I have no classes last period on Mondays and Tuesdays, I can go home then :)

If it's only a half day of school then normally I wouldn't go in. ^^;

I never make special plans just because I get early. I'd probably just go home and start doing what I'd normally do, a bit earlier than usual :)

4. When's your next one?
This Tuesday. It's St. Patrick's Day on Wednesday so we get off a few classes early on Tuesday afternoon. God Bless St. Patrick!

Aipom Of Doom
14th March 2004, 02:34 PM
1. Yeah, of course :o. There's some "Act 80" days where we get out at 11:30, and on Finals days we get out at 10:46 ;d.
2. on the normal short days we go to classes... on Finals days we take finals <_<.
3. After school... I usually go home and to TPM for a while, and do usual stuff :O. If it's the first of the two consecutive finals days, I'll probably study for the next day's finals too.
4. err... it would be for the finals at the end of the year probably... there could be another short day in may/june, I dunno and I don't have the calendar for then handy :O.

Eufael
14th March 2004, 02:46 PM

Yes. During parent-teacher conferences (usually Thursdays) and sometimes Tuesdays.

It's a normal day, except my schedule is a bit rearranged.

I'd do what I normally do, a bit earlier than usual.

4. When's your next one?

Tuesday, March 30th.

Fett One
14th March 2004, 02:58 PM
1. I'm in college so I only get them when the weather gets really bad.

2. Classes remain the same length so I attend my morning classes as usual while my afternoon classes are canceled.

3. Go home and go on the computer

4. Unkown since I can't control the weather

DarkTemplarZ
14th March 2004, 03:18 PM
1) Obviously, few schools don't.

2) Depends, in my school there's a regular half day, where each class is shortened, and reading days, were u sit in homeroom pretty much the whole day, usually when there's project/elective fair.

3) Same as usual, just more of it :)

4) This Wednesday's a project fair so reading day ^^

Crystal Mew
14th March 2004, 04:58 PM
1. Only on the day before winter break, and the last day of school...those are the only days we go home early ;/

2. go home and celebrate because school is out for awile :D

3.nothing really...just go home watch tv, come online o_0

4. the last day of school. Whenever that is..

Sakura12
15th March 2004, 11:41 AM

We just had a half day last Tuesday, so yeah, but on really rare occasions.

Class as usual. Teacher come in every so often to bombard us with homework because there aren't any classes in the afternoon, and they expect us to go home and do the homework bacause of that.

Some of the homework. Maybe I'd catch a movie with my friends, or go for a gaming session.

4. When's your next one?

Not sure... I don't think there'll be one for a really long time. I just had one!

RedStarWarrior
15th March 2004, 12:39 PM
Not unless their is an emergency.

N/A

N/A

4. When's your next one?
Never as far as planned ones go.

Angel Blossom
15th March 2004, 01:17 PM
We have early dismissal every now & then. Usually it's in the beginning of the school year, during finals, when the weather gets bad, and sometimes on random days because of teacher meetings. We get a lot of them, actually.. however, they may change that next year. ;-;

It's almost like a regular day, except we only have half of the classes we usually have on that day. Students still get h/w in some classes, and in other classes, they don't even do work. oO However, sometimes my mom lets me skip school on those days..

I talk to my friends after school for about 30 minutes, then I walk home. Sometimes we go to the mall together, or go get lunch together. ^^ Once I'm at home, I just relax and listen to music.

4. When's your next one?
I had one today, actually! Our teachers had a conference (or something odd like that.) However... my mom let me stay at home, since she thinks those days are a waste of time. My mom rox, I know. :wave:

kurai
4th April 2004, 12:21 PM
1) No, I've never seen it at least.
2) Nada.
3) Nada.
4) There may not ever be one, I'm not too sure. Perhaps there is a case for it due to poor weather conditions, but that is unlikely.

shazza
8th April 2004, 02:10 AM
-Yes.
-Well, the end of the year one we watch movies etc. The end of term ones we still do work. However, I sometimes just stay home.
-Hang out with friends, go home, whatever.
4. When's your next one?
-I just had one less then a week ago to end the first term, with two weeks of holidays. Next one will be the end of term 2, like 2 months from now.

titandude21
8th April 2004, 08:34 PM

4. When's your next one?

1. only before long holidays

2. maybe a test or two from ***** teachers... other than that, nothing.

3. video games, computer, tennis, etc... basically the same things i do on regular days, except i don't take a nap.

4. last day of school

Little_Pikachu
8th April 2004, 08:50 PM
At uni lessons get cancelled or finish early sometimes. At school we never had such a thing, the only time I ever recall getting sent home early in high school was when it was freezing cold and the heating broke.

Whatever the lesson plan is.

Go to the pub, go home.

4. When's your next one?
Probably next time our Customer Orientated Management teacher decides she can't be bothered teaching us.

The_Missing_Link
8th April 2004, 08:56 PM
1) We have early release once a month on Monday, usually the second week. I think it's to keep us from going crazy and a chance for the teachers to get themselves organized once more

2) Regular stuff but a lot of seniors skip it because we get out early. No one tries to do anything constructive anyway

3) Stay home, watch TV and go on the internet, of course

4) Probably in May

Kool Dudy
8th April 2004, 09:29 PM

4. When's your next one?

1. Often, we just had one last wednesday and this monday...
2. Regular school...same old subjects...
3. Play pc games...
4. Hmm...not sure yet...

abunaidesu
10th April 2004, 02:05 AM
1. Every Wednesday.
2. Hang out. Great cutting day.
3. Same as above.
4. Next Wednesday? lol