PDA

View Full Version : "Lucky" the Holstein bull calf...

Meowth_Kitten
14th March 2004, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone! This is another Oekaki picture I just finished up.

This calf's name is Lucky. He got his name because he is a twin calf. When he was born, he fell onto his head when he came out of his mother. His body doubled up and flipped over and he completed his landing by laying flat on his back. The poor dear. This caused him to not be able to breath. His dairy owner, Bob, was unable to catch him when he was born. But because he was not breathing, Bob stuck a piece of straw into Lucky's nose, which caused him to sneeze. Lucky began breathing. He was more wobbly than a normal calf would have been when he tried to stand, but he made it. His twin sister had a better birthing and did just fine. Lucky and his sister now live with my friend on a wonderful field where they graze and sleep as much as they want with no worries. Here is Lucky:

http://pokemasters.net/oekaki/pictures/231.png

Comments and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. :)

Wolfsong
14th March 2004, 02:03 PM
Aww, thats cute. I love how you got the face to turn out. When its like its looking at the artist is when i have the most trouble. The grass looks ok, but i really like how you did the sky and how the colors all look nice blended together.