PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you recycle?

Silver Ledian
15th March 2004, 01:26 PM
First of all, this is today's poll at the Goldenrod Tower, so if you're a member there, you can just reply to it there, rather than replying to the same thing in two places - I just thought this would be interesting for everyone.

1. Do you/your family recycle?

Either:

2. If so, since when? What do you recycle? How do you recycle?

Or:

3. If not, why not?

----- me:

1. Yep.

2. Since today, heh. The council gave everyone in the neighbourhood a second bin (it's blue :o), for paper only. So now everyone has two bins; one for paper only and one for everything else. The one for paper will be collected once a month and the other once a week. My mum's thinking of getting a third one though, for plastic bottles and other plastic stuff. We're so eco-friendly :)

Soneko
15th March 2004, 02:04 PM

Either:

Or:

3. If not, why not?

1. Not really... like, I think we put 'em plastic bottles in a recycling thing somewhere down the street, but I dunno. Im trying to get my mom to buy worms, so's they can eat all the garbage and make soil. Muhr...

2. Uhm... we've been recycling since they put the recycling things there, I think. We recycle.. plastic bottles. By putting them in the thingy... down the street... so's the recycling people can come and take them, and recycle them...
We dun' recycle anything else cause uh... my family's lazy. Yep...

Pichu
15th March 2004, 03:52 PM
- uh... sort of.

Either:

- put in this blue bin, and wave the recycle truck, 'bai'. =P
- newspaper, cartons, aluminum stuff, paper, plastics.... etc.

kainashi
15th March 2004, 04:32 PM
1. yes.

2. pop bottles and such.

Crystal Mew
16th March 2004, 10:50 AM
1. No....

3. I dunno, my mom doesn't have time o_O;

RedStarWarrior
16th March 2004, 11:47 AM
Yes.

Either:

Since the service has been provided in our area. We collect aluminum cans and newspapers.

Syberia
18th March 2004, 08:05 PM
1) Yeah

2) For as long as I've been alive, at least. They started picking up our recycle once a week since the early 80's, so there's really no reason not to. We save aluminum cans to take to the place ourselves so we can get money from them, but we just put our paper, plastic, and glass in bins out on the street to get picked up.

Little_Pikachu
18th March 2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah, my family does.

For as long as I can remember, we've always put old newspapers on top of the fridge. There's always a lot of glass bottles from alcoholic beverages around the house too and plastic bottles. We have this box that gets collected, I'm not sure what's supposed to go in it though, I know my mom goes to the recycling thingy at the supermarket though.

kurai
4th April 2004, 12:16 PM
1) Yes, they recycle, but it is pointless as they just mix it with the actual garbage at the dump. (here, at least)
2) Since about 1994 I guess, recycling paper (cardboard, newspapers), glass, and aluminum cans primarily.

shazza
4th April 2004, 12:18 PM
-Yes.

-Since 1998. Everyone around here got a new bin, for recycle use only.