PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights Query

Heald
16th March 2004, 11:05 AM
Just a quick one: is it possible to affect your lawful/chaotic stance through game actions alone? Throughout the game I have managed to change from good to evil through acts of greed and hostility (and killing NPCs :D ), but I have been unable to change whether I am lawful or chaotic, so can you change your stance in the game or only during character creation?

kthxbai

Razola
16th March 2004, 11:18 AM
I'm not an RPG buff, but isn't Lawful/Chaotic a philosophy, whereas Good/Evil is more of a reputation? That may explain why.

Cyrus
16th March 2004, 02:49 PM
If you are playing the original game, not one of the add ons, it isn't possible to alter your alignment on the chaotic / lawful axis.

Starry Might
16th March 2004, 02:51 PM
I've read online that in the expansion packs ("Shadows of Undrentide(sp?)" and "Hordes of the Underdark"), things you do in them CAN affect your Lawful/Chaotic alingement (e.g. picking locks of people's doors makes you more Chaotic).

I don't have either of those expansions (I do have the original though...got it at Super Target at about $7.48 on January 18th! :yes:), but that's what I've read. :wave:

EDIT: Cyrus, how in the world did a post you made 2 mintues before me appear now? It wasn't there when I first posted this... :o

Lezta
16th March 2004, 03:02 PM
Yup. That's basically it, only in the expansions. Which are far more fun than the original... :)

Paladins rule in Neverwinter, if only for the buffing spells. Mind you, my Mage rules too.

Meh, it all rules.

Cyrus
16th March 2004, 03:03 PM
In both of the add ons you can shift your alignment toward chaotic or lawful. Raiding tombs is chaotic or evil, I can't recall which.

Lezta
16th March 2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
In both of the add ons you can shift your alignment toward chaotic or lawful. Raiding tombs is chaotic or evil, I can't recall which.

I think it depends whose tomb. It's definatly chaotic though, although whether or not it's evil or not depends whether it's a good or evil tomb. I think.

Cyrus
16th March 2004, 03:56 PM
Raiding any tomb in the first add on was considered chaotic, I believe. Killing a spirit guarding the tomb was evil, I believe. Not that it really stops the average adventurer from taking everything that isn't nailed down / killing everything possible.

Lezta
16th March 2004, 05:43 PM
Heh. It's funny, I always felt bad raiding tombs so I never did it....

Much.