Psychic
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Lanturn
Thunder Wave
Surf
Thunder
Confuse Ray

But i was wondering which pokemon (Maybe more) out of the next six would be good to train to Lv. 100 and which pokemon of above could it be swapped with depending on the opponent's pokemon:

Gardevoir
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Attract/Reflect

Salamence
Flamethrower
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Fly

Weezing
Fire blast
Thunder
Sludge
Explosion

Wobbuffet
Counter
Mirror Coat
Encore
Destiny bond

Exploud
Flamethrower
Return
Rest
Sleep Talk

Masquerain
Hydro Pump
Blizzard
Silver Wind
Whirlwind

and one last query what does STAB mean

rinku
16th March 2004, 05:20 PM
Same Type Attack Bonus.

It's the +50% power bonus a pokémon gets for using an attack that is the same as one of its types.

Can't see any major issues with your movesets. You may want to swap Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray on Lanturn with Rain Dance and/or an Ice attack. Note that a Lanturn with Volt Absorb will be immune from enemy Electric, so unlike other Water types it can't screw itself over by using Rain Dance and having an enemy with Thunder pop up.

Rabid_Cow
16th March 2004, 06:08 PM
I think E-Quake would be better on Sceptile. (instead of Double Team)

I really don't think you need to have both Metagross and Alakazam on the same team. Alakazam really looks nice on paper, but it gets OWNED by SO MANY pokes that it isn't even funny. Go with this on Metagross to make up for his loss.

Metagross
-Psychic
-Meteor Mash
-Return/E-Quake (if you don't put it on sceptile)
-Light Screen

Blaziken doensn't need both Flamethrower and Overheat. I'd say go with this:

Blaziken
-Flamethrower
-Sky Uppercut (stronger than Brick Break)
-Return
-Bulk Up

This moveset won't steer you wrong.

Because I love Masquerain so much, and use a similar one myself I'd say to fill that hole, go with Masquerain. I use Ice Beam instead of Blizzard, but that's up to you. It would also benefit from Lanturn's Rain Dance more than your other choices. Just put quick claw on him, he'll need it!

Rest of the team looks fine! PM me if you have questions.

Hope I helped!!!:wave:

TheParadox
17th March 2004, 03:48 PM
No surf for Lanturn In your opinion?

rinku
17th March 2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah, leave Surf there. The combo is:

Rain Dance
Surf/Hydro Pump
Thunder

plus a support move of your choice:
Confuse Ray/Ice Beam/T-wave

Ark Chaos
19th March 2004, 12:14 AM
For Milotic, try Rest instead of Recover. Trust me, works wonders. Because of Marvel Scale, it also increases your Defense at the same time. And this allows all of it's HP to be regained at once, instead of needing, possibly, more than one use to regain the whole meter. To bad Milotic doesn't learn Sleep Talk. And I must thank Rabid_Cow for this insight. His suggestion in the first place to me.

Rabid_Cow
19th March 2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ark Chaos
And I must thank Rabid_Cow for this insight. His suggestion in the first place to me.

a-thank you

TheParadox
19th March 2004, 03:39 PM
where is the pre-evolution of Masquerain? I cant remember the name, i have searched where it says in the pokedex

Rabid_Cow
19th March 2004, 03:59 PM
Routes 203,111,114,117, and 120. they're pretty rare so just look in the tall grass for a while.

to get hydro pump you need to breed it with a seadra, golduck, or even a milotic.

hope i helped:wave:

TheParadox
19th March 2004, 06:37 PM
Im not sure about Lanturn it has 400 HP and 152 Spec Attack i got it to Lv 80 before i found out about EV's what should i do? breed another?

Rabid_Cow
19th March 2004, 07:07 PM
distribute your Ev's you still have left on Special Attack, and HP. Vitamins also can work miracles

TheParadox
21st March 2004, 11:55 AM
Where can i find spec attack EV's

TheParadox
21st March 2004, 12:18 PM
oh i made a mistake for Hydro Pump on Masquerain it cant learn it can anyone suggest another move

Rabid_Cow
21st March 2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by TheParadox
oh i made a mistake for Hydro Pump on Masquerain it cant learn it can anyone suggest another move

What?!?:confused:

Masquerain/Surskit can breed with a Horsea/Seadra (level 43, 51), a Psyduck (level 50), or a Milotic (level 40).

My moveset is this:

Masquerain @Quick Claw
-Silver Wind
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Whirlwind.

Don't you DARE say it can't learn it cause my Masquerain OWNS.:yes:

TheParadox
21st March 2004, 04:13 PM
lol at last i have the one ring.. i mean Surskit i need. Thanks for the help bt im just wondering why EQ on Sceptile not metagross?

Rabid_Cow
21st March 2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by TheParadox
Thanks for the help bt im just wondering why EQ on Sceptile not metagross?
This is merely an opinion. Sceptile and Metagross both have a fire weakness. Sceptile has higher speed to get an Earthquake off, but Metagross has the much higher physical attack. It's really up to you.

If you want Metagross to have Earthquake use this set.

Metagross
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball/Psychic

Agility so that if a fire poke does come out you have the speed to use Earthquake. I'd go with psychic cause of STAB here, and if they notice you're not using psychic, they'll hammer you VERY hard on the ol' fighting side. (steel weakness)