PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Clarification on Belly Drum

Poryhedron
16th March 2004, 04:58 PM
What does Belly Drum do? Does it raise your Attack six levels, or does it automatically put you at max? For example, let's say someone hits you with a Charm, and then you use Belly Drum. Are you four or six levels above your original Attack score? And does the move work the same way in RSFL? I know they changed the effects of some moves for that...

bme
16th March 2004, 05:14 PM
Belly Drum raises attack 12 levels, so if attack was lowered to its lowest, it would become max anyway. There's also this glitch, but i'm too lazy to look it up. Someone else will i'm sure. :P

Number1ChanseyFan
16th March 2004, 09:23 PM
There is a glitch that happens if you use Belly Drum when you have less than 1/2 of your maximum HP. Belly Drum does damage to the user equal to 50% of their maximum HP, but a Pokémon can't faint itself by using Belly Drum. If a Pokémon uses Belly Drum when it has less than 50% of it's maximum HP, than you will get the "But it failed!" message, indicating that using Belly Drum did nothing. However, the Pokémon's attack stat will increase by 2 levels, which would be the same as if it had used Swords Dance.

Poryhedron
16th March 2004, 09:38 PM
Ah, thanks!