PDA

View Full Version : AG 68-71 info!

Zak
16th March 2004, 08:57 PM
Whee!

68: Papa is the Idol! Fake Gym Leader!?

Ash and co have arrived in Petalburg City center, and Max and May's father, Norman, seems to be really popular. Before they go home, they stop in the center, and find... clones of May and Max! Apparently this is a TR plan...

69: Petalburg City Gym! Family Crisis!

As they arrive at May's house, Ash and co are surprised to see not Norman, but Caroline alone at the dinner table, upset. She explains to them that her husband Norman hasn't been around much, and that rumor has it he's having an affair with the local Nurse Joy...

70: Petalburg Gym! The 5th Badge!

Ash and Norman are ready to start the battle for the Balance Badge. Although Ash uses Pikachu, Norman uses a fast Slakoth which repeatedly avoids Pikachu's attacks...

71: Professor Oak and Professor Birch! Secret Base Battle!

Ash and co visit the Pokemon research institute, and see Professor Birch there. Apparently Oak is there too, so Ash and Birch go and visit Oak...

Looks good :)

~Zak

Light_Togetic
16th March 2004, 09:22 PM
*finds herself suddenly imagining Norman having an affair with Nurse Joy*

o.O

That should be interesting! Of course he probably isn't really having an affair, but it makes for a good story. That will be by far my favorite! ^^

As always, Team Rocket schemes which involve being disguised as main characters is too funny! Can't wait to see that one too.

I just know that the battle between Ash and Norman is gonna be an awesome one. I'm sure Ash's newly evolved Grovyle will be a good fighting force in it.

Still not quite sure what exactly the battle part of the Oak and Birch episode is, but as long as it has Professor Oak, I don't care! Maybe we'll get to see him battle.

Oh yeah! Thanks for the info Zak!

Animelee
16th March 2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Zak
rumor has it he's having an affair with the local Nurse Joy...

Hmm, will 4Kids ban it? Nah, I doubt it. They've had stuff like this in The Flintstones and Jetsons, even Dexter's Lab. Then again, 4Kids is extra-careful... Then again, they do have bombs in Ninja Turtles... I guess we'll have to see.

These episodes sound good... I am trying my best to control my happy-gibberish typing... adfsdfdfsfd because I'm so excited...wpdpawd :D

Hmm, Senri has a Namakero/Slakoth, now? Maybe it was the one he give to Masato, but it didn't work out? I wonder, do you think his Yarukimono/Vigoroth has evolved since last time? Maybe Satoshi should withdraw Kabigon/Snorlax, eh? Or maybe he should stick with one of the Pokémon he has now...? I can't wait!

The next one seems interesting. Are the professors enemies?! I wish they would use Professor Utsugi/Elm as a referee, hehe.

Well, thankee again for the info, Zakmeister! :D

Zak
16th March 2004, 11:18 PM
It's possible that Norman will be like the Morty of Hoenn, having all three. It'll all wind up to Torkoal OR Grovyle against Slaking. But for some reason, I *CAN* see Pikachu beating Vigoroth. C'mon, they always do revenge of the sort. Remember in Pop Goes the Sneasel, how Sneasel totalled Totodile-- and about six episodes later, Totodile was up against that same Sneasel with Harrisson, and won?
They've done it other times before, with Sabrina and with Miltank as well. I think it'll go something like this:

Pikachu VS Slakoth. Pikachu gets impatient and tired out, but Ash returns it before it faints. Then he'd probably send out Torkoal or Grovyle. He probably wants to save Grovyle for Vigoroth, since it seems like it's his only Pokemon who could face Vigoroth's Vital Spirit. I'll just say Grovyle, since it'll probably knock Slakoth out easily with Leaf Blade. If Torkoal, then that fella could easily toast Slakoth as well. Then Vigoroth would come out, and Ash will remember bits from the beginning, and keep Grovyle if he has it out, or switch to Grovyle if he has Torkoal or something. Grovyle would then beat Vigoroth, and out will come Slaking. This will be the tough one, and my guess is that Torkoal and Grovyle would do some dirty work, but not make it all the way to the end... then Pikachu will use what its got after that long rest, and win. That's how I can also picture it... couldn't beat Vigoroth, but did beat Slaking. Just like it had trouble beating Cubone in Pokemon Tech, and easily beat Otoshi's Marowak.

~Zak

Pewter City Geodude
17th March 2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Zak
68: Papa is the Idol! Fake Gym Leader!?

Ash and co have arrived in Petalburg City center, and Max and May's father, Norman, seems to be really popular. Before they go home, they stop in the center, and find... clones of May and Max! Apparently this is a TR plan...

Nothing really new or surprising here.

As they arrive at May's house, Ash and co are surprised to see not Norman, but Caroline alone at the dinner table, upset. She explains to them that her husband Norman hasn't been around much, and that rumor has it he's having an affair with the local Nurse Joy...

Wow. I wonder how THAT will be dubbed. It'll probably turn out to be totally benign, like he's helping with some Pokemon thing that Joy wants kept secret for some reason, but wow...a plotline like this could go REALLY far...but we know the boundaries that the anime keeps itself in. Sounds awesome though. :D

70: Petalburg Gym! The 5th Badge!

Ash and Norman are ready to start the battle for the Balance Badge. Although Ash uses Pikachu, Norman uses a fast Slakoth which repeatedly avoids Pikachu's attacks...

A fast Slakoth? Heh, reminds me of the unusually fast Slowpoke Professor Westwood had. :P Remember how it was running around in circles with Shellder chasing it? :D Good times, good times.

Ash and co visit the Pokemon research institute, and see Professor Birch there. Apparently Oak is there too, so Ash and Birch go and visit Oak...

First thing I thought when I read that was...Weather Institute already? But no, they can't have gone THAT far between episodes. So yeah, it must be somewhere else. Maybe one Professor challenges another to a battle to test something about a secret base, like if it can stand up to a battle or something like that? Sounds kinda weak, but I can't think of much else.

Gaborn
17th March 2004, 02:04 AM

As they arrive at May's house, Ash and co are surprised to see not Norman, but Caroline alone at the dinner table, upset. She explains to them that her husband Norman hasn't been around much, and that rumor has it he's having an affair with the local Nurse Joy... My rabid fanboy brain started burning when I read this part. I think that Norman may be spending time with Nurse Joy because he is preparing... Max's starter pokemon! It would be nice to see Max getting to make his official start as a trainer during this little saga. Norman would want to keep it a secret from Caroline because he knows that she would probably ruin the surprise when the kids call.

Ash and co visit the Pokemon research institute, and see Professor Birch there. Apparently Oak is there too, so Ash and Birch go and visit Oak... My guess would be that it's a fake Oak, from one of the three evil teams. I'd like to see James and Prof. Oak have another haiku battle.

Pewter City Geodude
17th March 2004, 02:09 PM
I just thought of something...you know how Brock is about the Nurse Joys...I wonder how he'll react when he finds this out about a possible affair? :D

JazzJazz
17th March 2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Zak
It's possible that Norman will be like the Morty of Hoenn, having all three. It'll all wind up to Torkoal OR Grovyle against Slaking. But for some reason, I *CAN* see Pikachu beating Vigoroth. C'mon, they always do revenge of the sort. Remember in Pop Goes the Sneasel, how Sneasel totalled Totodile-- and about six episodes later, Totodile was up against that same Sneasel with Harrisson, and won?
They've done it other times before, with Sabrina and with Miltank as well. I think it'll go something like this:

Pikachu VS Slakoth. Pikachu gets impatient and tired out, but Ash returns it before it faints. Then he'd probably send out Torkoal or Grovyle. He probably wants to save Grovyle for Vigoroth, since it seems like it's his only Pokemon who could face Vigoroth's Vital Spirit. I'll just say Grovyle, since it'll probably knock Slakoth out easily with Leaf Blade. If Torkoal, then that fella could easily toast Slakoth as well. Then Vigoroth would come out, and Ash will remember bits from the beginning, and keep Grovyle if he has it out, or switch to Grovyle if he has Torkoal or something. Grovyle would then beat Vigoroth, and out will come Slaking. This will be the tough one, and my guess is that Torkoal and Grovyle would do some dirty work, but not make it all the way to the end... then Pikachu will use what its got after that long rest, and win. That's how I can also picture it... couldn't beat Vigoroth, but did beat Slaking. Just like it had trouble beating Cubone in Pokemon Tech, and easily beat Otoshi's Marowak.

~Zak

I like this theory Zak... can I add to it? How about if Norman slaking (if he has one) evolved from the vigoroth that defeated pikachu... that'd make it true revenge!

Shuppet Master
17th March 2004, 05:39 PM
They'll probably edit that "sexual affair" out in some way. I mean,in one Sailor Moon S episode,Makoto was eager to have fun with Haruka,but when it was dubbed,they changed the dialogue so it seemed that Lita wanted to become best friends with Amara and Michelle. If Cloverway can do that with Sailor Moon,I don't see any reason that 4-Kids couldn't do that with Pokemon. ;)

As for the gym battle,I was disappointed when I heard he uses a Slakoth. Seems like it'll be like Morty's gym battle. I wanted Morty to send out a Misdreavus, but nope,it was Gastly,Haunter,and Gengar! Now it looks the same way here. I was hoping Norman had some decent normal Pokemon in his team,like Zangoose and Castform,but nope,looks like it's a Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking battle. :(

Oh well,I should nitpick. I mean,in the games you faced two Slakings,so I'm just glad it's not that.

I can't wait for these episodes to be dubbed - they're showing so many reruns it isn't funny. :(

Animelee
17th March 2004, 07:57 PM
I don't think it's a sexual affair, just a "picnic/shopping"-type affair. I doubt they'd put that in Pokémon...