PDA

View Full Version : Best new pokemon in fr/lg.

Sir Chris
16th March 2004, 10:22 PM
I'd have to say heracross gets a major revival now that it has swords dance :yes:

here is my set for frlg heracross =)

swords dance
megahorn
brick break
rock slide

probably a pretty standard set.

so, what got improvements in your eyes =)

SWAMPERT1
16th March 2004, 10:37 PM
looks good, i think its standard. maybe e~quake over brick b.

HedgeCat
16th March 2004, 10:56 PM
You could own Pokémon from Ru/Sa is you traded it back.

DarkestLight
19th March 2004, 12:39 PM
o.O I don't know, but I'm really getting partial to T-tar with Counter, despite the OHKO'age that could happen from a Heracross. I'd be retarted and try it.

T-tar
Counter
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance
--Insert move here please, Something like Earthquake.---

I could think of some others...but I must work now ;_; But I do have a few new ones. Lalalyaya

Sceptile_Master
19th March 2004, 01:14 PM
Are you lot all forgetting Mewtwo. He is the best and always will be. FACT. He is the best poke that returned from the old versions. FACT. Mewtwo kicks ass. FACT.

Ps: Heracross is cool though.

Kokomo
19th March 2004, 06:42 PM
Dragonite is looking great with both dragon dance and earthquake.

Scythemantis
22nd March 2004, 04:29 PM
Are you lot all forgetting Mewtwo. He is the best and always will be. FACT. He is the best poke that returned from the old versions. FACT. Mewtwo kicks ass. FACT.

What kind of point are you trying to make? We shouldn't bother talking about strategy because they should just use mewtwo? There are people who care about fun and real strategy. FACT. Legendaries are easy to take down with proper planning. FACT. Some people just plain don't like mewtwo. FACT.

None of the legendaries so far have been that cool to me. I prefer weaker but more bizarre and interesting pokemon.

soggy_cardboard
22nd March 2004, 05:07 PM
My missy set still works well even when brought back from g/s/c :yes:

c-ray
pain split
s-ball
screech/filler

My fav set ever.

VanirElf
25th March 2004, 03:41 PM
I like that the pokemon have genders and pokemon abilities now.
I've only been playing for like 20 minutes though but I can't
wait 'til they come out in english so I'll actually know what i'm lookin' at as far as the text is concerned.

g/s/c pokemon are available on LG/FR can somone tell me where
I can find which pokemon appear where?
thanks.

oh and the cool little animations when u give pokemon things like
potions and stuff like that's cool too

Poryhedron
25th March 2004, 09:38 PM
I like that the pokemon have genders and pokemon abilities now

Nnnn,nahhah? Pokémon have had genders since Gold and Silver. Or are you just saying it's neat to see these features implemented in the old Red/Blue story?

Green_Pikachu
30th March 2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Sceptile_Master

Ps: Heracross is cool though.

you're an idiot. FACT.

Iveechan
1st April 2004, 12:22 AM
Most any physical using Pokemon greatly benefits from swords dance, rock slide, and body slam being available nearly universally again (though I hear it's one-use). I find my dream Hitmonchan finally came to life with earthquake and rock slide ^_^. He's the one I plan to train seriously, and best of all, he's available as a prize so I don't have to waste time breeding for the right nature. I just need to save/restart, but that's preferred over breeding. I just wish he had a more useful ability than keen eye, but keen eye is more useful ingame with all those sand attackers.

The one thing that's preventing me from using Tyranitar is that damn auto sandstorm. I think they did that on purpose because they knew people would abuse dragon dancing tyranitar like it's no tomorrow. Should've had intimidate or something. Bah.

Togetic
3rd April 2004, 06:15 PM
Nnnn,nahhah? Pokémon have had genders since Gold and Silver. Or are you just saying it's neat to see these features implemented in the old Red/Blue story?

I think they're saying that now the oldies have abilities... We all know they've had genders since back in the days of Gold and Silver...

Sir Chris
8th April 2004, 02:59 AM
GP please keep the flaming to a low level, and don't directly insult him

although I do disagree with him.. Heracross with the proper setup of endure/salac/megahorn owns mewtwo

:)

Linc
8th April 2004, 02:38 PM
does anyone know when fr/lg comes out in US?

pimuni
8th April 2004, 02:47 PM
around September 2004

Linc
8th April 2004, 03:19 PM
ok thx... sigh... must wait so long... :249: must catch...

Remy
8th April 2004, 03:36 PM
Best Pokemon? Hands down to the Uber Mewtwo who possesses Calm Mind. Otherwise, I'm sticking to my beloved Wishing Flareon.

Whisper in the Wind
8th April 2004, 04:02 PM
I prefer my Heracross

Heracross@Salac Berry
Swarm

Megahorn
Flail
Endure
Reversal

theniceguydk
12th April 2004, 10:08 AM
Finaly I can get my Tyranitar and Charizard again :D I LOVE them :D

CANT WAIT!! :D

Dark_rhyhorn
14th April 2004, 06:07 AM
You can get tyrannatar again in colluseioum

SilverStreak
14th April 2004, 03:50 PM
Ello what about kabutops, check his new moves out.
body slam
double-edge
megakick
mimic
substitute
swords dance.
rock slide
with these moves kabutops is deffinatly gonna a dominating sweeper.
now all i gotta do is evolve my kabuto.
and Ursaring lears SWORDS DANCE!