PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Here!!!

Loupeitak
17th March 2004, 12:40 AM
Im gonna have a tourney and i need some help on this team i figured:
PS: Oh, and before i forget, help me with their personalities (such as adamnt or impish)

Ninjask @ dunno

Swords Dance
Double team
Baton pass
Slash

Altaria @ ???

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
aerial ace
Rest

Dusclops @ dunno

Calm Mind
Will-o-wisp
Confuse Ray
Shadow Punch

Machamp @ ???

Cross Chop
Revenge/substitute
Rest
???

Starmie @ ???

Thunder wave
Recover
Light Screen
Surf

Manectric @ dunno

Thunderwave
Thunderbolt
Charge
???

Thank you in advance

Ark Chaos
19th March 2004, 12:08 AM
A little explanation of each Pokémon's strategy would be very helpful. I'll help what I can, but I'm still a newbie at this.

Ninjask: With your moveset, try either Adamant or Jolly. Adamant would increase it's Attack and lower it's Special Attack while Jolly would increase it's Speed and lower it's Special Attack. I honestly have no idea for the item

Altaria: Same as my Altaria. Use an Adamant personality. For item, you should probably use Shell Bell or Leftovers.

Dusclops: Shadow Ball for Shadow Punch. More powerful and about as accurate. Impish personality. Once again, just like mine, so I know what works well. :)

Machamp: Adamant personality. You're not going to find any special attacks on this guy, so no need for that stat. And unless there is some other strange purpose for it to solve, Attack would be the only thing beneficial to increase. I'm not sure if Machamp could last a Rest unless you attach a Chesto Berry. Try Earthquake and Rock Slide for the last two moves. And I think you're only going to need either Cross Chop or Revenge, not both. IMO, choose Cross Chop. Unless you are against another sweeper, you're not likely to get the bonus for being hit every time. And if you don't get hit, Revenge only has a base power of 90 with STAB. Cross Chop, although a little inaccurate, already has a base power of 150 with STAB. And I remember liking Cross Chop from GSC. :)

Starmie: Sorry, I'm not specializing with FRLG yet, but I'll help with personality at stuff. Probably either Modest or Timid because both lower Attack and raise Special Attack or Speed, respectively. For item.. don't know, lol. Since I don't know the function of Starmie, I can't really help with any others. Maybe a Defense increasing personality? If so, go with Bold.

Manectric: Either Modest or Timid. I doubt this thing would do well withstanding anything even with increased defenses. Don't use Charge, it just wastes a turn. Two Thunderbolts, although using up an extra PP, would probably do the same damage and give you one extra turn to paralyze them with your attack. Might want to breed on Crunch. For your fourth move, do what you choose. Roar maybe?

I hope this was of some help.

Loupeitak
26th March 2004, 02:36 AM
thanks but can anyone else with maybe a more advanced efection of rating, rate this please ?

Whisper in the Wind
26th March 2004, 09:47 AM
Ninjask @ leftovers
Adament/Jolly

Swords Dance
Protect
Baton pass
Ariel Ace/Silver Wind

Ariel Ace has Base Power 90 with STAB, same with Silver Wind which can be ok for your second Baton Pass if your next poke doesn't need attack

Altaria @ Shell Bell/Chesto/Salac/Liechi Berry
Adament/Jolly

Return
Earthquake
aerial ace
Rest/Steel Wing

No need for Dragon Dance since Ninjask is passing Speed and Attack. Rest may not be worthwhile, duno if Altaria can last a rest so Steel Wing may be worth putting over it. If you can acess Liechi/Salac Berry's use them

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Impish/Calm

Toxic/Curse
Mean Look
Confuse Ray/Attract
Rest

I like this trapper moveset. He has the defenses to pull it off and its very effective (Cofnuse Ray + Toxic or Curse + Attract)

Machamp @ Shell Bell/Salac/Liechi Berry
Adament

Cross Chop/Brick Break/Revenge
Earthquake
Rock Slide [You have acess to FR/LG]
Return/Bulk Up

Rather simple, sweep. Bulk Up if yo uwanna bosot yoru attack further, although sending boosts from Ninjask may be worthwhile

Starmie @ Leftovers/Salac/Petaya/Chesto Berry
Modest/ Timid

Thunder/Cosmic Power
Rain Dance/Recover/Rest
Psychic
Surf

Pretty Simple, you can go with the speical sweeper set or tank set

Manectric @ Kings Rock
Modest/ Timid

Thunder/bolt
Rain Dance/Roar
Thunder Wave
Bite

Could work well with Special Sweeper Starmie. Bite + Kings Rock = 60% chance of flinch

Loupeitak
27th March 2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Onimusha
Rest may not be worthwhile, duno if Altaria can last a rest so Steel Wing may be worth putting over it. If [/I]

Im actually taking advantage of Natural Cure. And DD is needed coz im prolly gonna switch out and by then ninjask will have low health

Whisper in the Wind
27th March 2004, 07:28 AM
ah. Well, put it this way, stat boosting moves on a Pokemon that is intended to switch is not a good idea