PDA

View Full Version : Restarting once again..

Evil Fuzzle
17th March 2004, 08:09 AM
b4 restarting I want to know some things;

how I can 'pick' my random person in mauville and what kinds there are..

1time I had the hipster, then item trader, and now story teller (jumping slopes)

what kinds are there, and how can I pick them
after that, I'll pick my 'perfect' starter pokémon.

F Treecko > Relaxed
F Torchic > Impish
F Mudkip > Timid

Please tell me if those are the best =P
After that, I want to get a (bold) ralts, whats the best ability?
Synchronize;
When the Pokemon becomes Poison, Paralyze, or Burn, so does the opponent.
Trace;
Special ability becomes the same as that of the opponent.

pokeguy76
17th March 2004, 10:16 AM
I can't restart, I have an Eon ticket and I'm not going to get one from someone else, such things are beneath me.

(What an attitude, Oh yeah)

rinku
17th March 2004, 03:57 PM
IMHO "perfect" starter is a female one, pure and simple. That way you can breed for desired personality and stats (as well as egg moves!). Take the first girl you get.

Both of Ralts' special abilities are good. I prefer Trace, since it is the only Ruby/Sapphire pokémon that learns it. It's a really useful in-game feature if you are looking to catch wild pokémon with one of two possible abilities, but it's got some great applications in battle:

Immunity to ground attacks from Levitaters
Immunity from sound attacks from Soundproofers
Immunity to OHKO's from Sturdy types (i.e. Rhyhorn & Horn Drill)
Immunity to electric from Volt Absorb types
Immunity to sandstorm from Sand Veil types
Free speed boosts from Ninjask
Immunity to confusion from Own Pace types

Now, admittedly, this only works for the first one it faces in a multi-battle and can sometimes backfire (i.e. vs Slaking) or just plain have no effect. That just means it is better to start with it in reserve so you have control over when it comes out.

Advantage of Synchronize is that it will always work - the downside is that it only works when your pokémon is affected by a status condition. Trace can provide a benefit without your own pokémon having to be affected.

Evil Fuzzle
20th March 2004, 04:20 AM
thanx everyone, but I could use a bit help with the mauville guy ^^;

Gagome
20th March 2004, 09:52 AM
The Mauville Guy is random. You cannot choose what type you will get.
You will get another type of him whenever you Mix Records with another game.

Here is a list of all I know of:

- Bard (Blue)
- Storyteller (Pink)
- Trader (Black)
- Giddy (Brown
- The Hipster (Red)

Don't Run With Scizors
20th March 2004, 10:52 PM
Actually, the Mauville Guy you get from mixing records is dependant on the last digit of the ID number of the other person you're mixing records with.

I don't recall exactly what you get depending on the different ID numbers, but I read the answer somewhere on a Gamefaq's FAQ.

Powarun
20th March 2004, 11:21 PM
As for your starter, it only depends on which one you want in a female form. it is best to find the starter you want, and breed egg moves, hidden power stuff, and persoanlities with.

rinku
21st March 2004, 04:07 PM
When you mix records, you basically swap Mauville guys with the other player. So if you know what type he has, that is the type you will get.