PDA

View Full Version : Later y'all.

Mewfour
17th March 2004, 02:39 PM
Well, after nearly 4 years of tripe, hogwash, nonsense and all-around tomfoolery, I think I'm just going to hang up and leave TPM. I know, I know, I've said it millions of times before, but this time, I'm serious.

Why am I leaving? Well, Ever since PADS! finished, I've suddenly found myself bored here on TPM. There's hardly any new stuff, and what is new is pretty lackluster. Or maybe I'm just a miserable old bastard who's hopelessly stuck in the past. PADS! is done, Bloody Sword isn't going anywhere, and pretty much everything else of my library is either dead or no one cares about. Am I depressed? Probably. I don't know. And I don;t want to find out, either. I haven't lost my passion for ficcing, mind you, it's still one thing I still love to do. But truth is, after I've been a regular contributor here for almost four years, the most I've gotten is just name recognition. I've been posting nearly my whole damn library here for four years and nothing hardly gets any recogntion. I know it sounds selfish, but it gets very depressing to pour out your mind and have little to no one care.

Will I ever return? Maybe. But as of the near future, no. Probably a year from now I'll show my ugly face around here again. But I'm not making any promises either. I'm just going to disconnect.

Later.

Darien Shields
17th March 2004, 02:53 PM
Aww... It's true, I was always just 'Aware' of this mysterious poster named Mewfour, and never really read your stuff. I'm sorry! I hope you come back some day and realise that popularity on TPM is not interlinked with quality.

Well, I hope our paths cross again... I always wanted to get to know the forumers better, but I guess I shouldn't put it off 'till they're leaving ;-_-;

The Decapitated Mole
17th March 2004, 08:55 PM
Well... later, I guess. I read PADS for a while, but now I've pretty much stopped doing stuff here at TPM, too. Sad that you're leaving... you and your random topics and odd fics will be missed here, at least by me. And also, now that you're gone, I may not have any competition here for the oddest writer award. I hope you do come back, cuz I feel you've added something to these forums, in your own way.

PancaKe
18th March 2004, 12:13 AM
If I got a dollar for everytime i heard you say that m4... :P

Nah dude, I noticed you. And even though I nva really checked out ya fics, i will miss you. Your contributions to many political topics have always amused me. :P

Sad to see you go but i know you'll be back :D

~Mist

Andrew
18th March 2004, 05:21 PM
Bye Mewfour :( But you need to fight with BBP at least one more time before you go. After all, you were our least likely couple...

Ah well, toodles, and you'll be back, you ALWAYS ARE.... ;)