PDA

View Full Version : Hoso

BlueEyesPikachu
17th March 2004, 04:45 PM
What exactly is this? I've heard it around the forum. =/

Shuppet Master
17th March 2004, 07:00 PM
(To everyone else) I'll take this one... :D

Hoso is a series of episodes which do NOT have Ash in them. They were run after Ash left for Hoenn. The first was about Brock and how he visted his family briefly before joining Ash in Hoenn. The next two were about Misty going back to her home in the Cerulean Gym. Other episodes were shown with the Pichu Brothers,Jigglypuff, Prof. Oak and Tracey,and Richie. Butch and Cassidy were in some of the Misty episodes and Prof. Oak episodes as well.

Chris 2.1
18th March 2004, 11:09 AM
Hoso is not just about episodes - Hoso Specials have dealt with the following:

This should go in spoilers because it has HUGE SPOILERS!

|
|
|
|
|
V

--Brock! Save Pewter Gym!
Brock returns home to Pewter City, only to find his mother, has returned! Of course, being a Water Pokemon fan, she's gone to town with new decorations for the Gym... seeing this, Brock decides to settle the situation.

--Revenge Match at Cerulean Gym!
Misty returns to Cerulean Gym, only to find that the PIA - Pokemon Intelligance Agency, and planning to shut the Gym down if a new Leader doesn't take over. However, as Misty gets settled, she finds a rampaging Gyarados and must calm it down to pass an inspection...

--Tough Battle! Team Rocket Enter!
After being blasted off, Jesse, James and Meowth start to spread their name in Hoenn by protecting a village from some Taillow and a hoarde of Rampaging Robots!

--Epic Battle at Oak's Lab!
All Ash's old Pokemon pitch in to prevent Butch and Cassidy from stealing Pokeballs from Professor Oak's Laboratory.

--Misty! Get the Cascade Badge!
Casey from Johto arrives at Cerulean Gym to get a badge. However, Misty is out of badges, so together with Tracey the three go to find a Badge-Maker to make some more.

--We are the Pichu Brothers!
These are two episodes featuring the Pichu Brothers and Meowth.

--Pokemon Investigation! Search for Oak!
Richie goes to visit Professor Oak in Pallet, but he's not in! With Tracey, he learns that he has been kidnapped by Butch and Cassidy!

--Calling on Great detective Meowth!/Is Neice Azurill In great Trouble?
Meowth tries to find a theif and win the heart of a Skitty.

--The seriousness of Misty's Match! Risking a life?
Misty meets Tsutomu, a boy who has a crush on her, and as he is such an avid Electabuzz fan, he battles Casey for a pair of tickets to a game in Cerulean. Meanwhile, Butch and Cassidy plan on stealing Delcatty...

--Team Rocket - Love and the origin of youth!
Team Rocket recall to how they were paired up together, and how they got into Team Rocket.

--Another Legend of Celebi!
I dunno :-s

--Pallet town! The setting off of a new Trainer!
A new trainer, Hajime, chooses his starter Pokemon and, with Ms Ketchum, Tracey and Professor Oak, hunts down Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

--Pokemon Researcher! Gary and the revived Aerodactyl!
Gary visits an Island with his Blastoise, Umbreon and newly caught Dodrio, after hearing they have a troublesome Aerodactyl. Gary tries to find the source of the problem.

Those are the 16 Hoso Specials - new episodes that feature less-important characters. There are also Hoso's every Tuesday, which are usually clip show-like things, maybe 'Pikachu's best Thunderbolts', or 'Team Rocket's blasting off' sorta thing, you get the idea. ( Note: I don't think they've been in Hoso, I just made them up)

Also, These three aired after Johto and throughout Hoenn. There were three more prior to those listed.

Slowking's Day! - A day in the life of the Slowking from Shamouti Island. Set in Orange Islands.

Mewtwo Returns! - Ash and Co try saving Mewtwo in Johto. Takes place through Johto.

Raikou! Legend of thunder! Yoshi, Dani and Jackson try and stop Team Rocket Elite's from capturing Raikou.

Hope that helped!!

Zak
18th March 2004, 11:25 AM
Well, this was originally just a question from someone who didn't know what Hoso is, and if I didn't know I'd probably post in the main forum, because I'd have no way of knowing it has to do with Spoilers if I don't know what it is.

However, since Chris mentioned all those Spoilers, I'm gonna move this.

But anyways, I have a few corrections to Chris and Bellossom's explanations.

"Pokemon Housou" is actually "Pokemon Broadcasting station". It's a program on TV-Tokyo they have every Tuesday, which involves a random thing from the mix. There have been 50something Hoso EPISODES in all.

These are the types of Hoso:

Theme clips: Various clip shows from Pokemon episodes of certain themes, like there was one of Evolution clips, one of TR crash clips...

Encore: Yep, Pokemon Encore. Basically airing old episodes bar fans requests on the official site.

Storytelling: Pokemon storytelling... nothing special, it's not the anime or anything. Just mini stories that are read aloud by someone.

Treecko's Tail: You've probably seen the huge dude in a Treecko costume. It's basically live giving tours of various places in the world, and discussing Pokemon popularity there, and culture in general. I saw one where he gave a tour of NYC.

Specials: Here's the big one, this is the one that most people here refer to. It's basically original episodes which aren't from anything else, in other words... specials! Chris just listed all the specials there have been.

That should pretty much cover it...

~Zak

Chris 2.1
18th March 2004, 02:40 PM
well I DO have little or no life :rolleyes:

I PM'ed Animelee to move this right after I posted, cos I thought it was a ticking time-bomb of spoilers (YOUR pm box was full, Zak ;)) but its moved now.

Cheers

BlueEyesPikachu
18th March 2004, 03:16 PM
It would rock if they had those in America... Japan has so many good things that we don't. Also, why don't we get hosos? We've passed some of those without seeing them. We haven't even gotten the Raikou one yet! The only one was Mewtwo Returns, but that had Ash in it...

Shuppet Master
18th March 2004, 05:20 PM
Because 4-Kids probably doesn't have the rights to dub them. They probably didn't buy those special episodes because they thought that it would make ratings drop - the Hosou specials don't feature Ash and therefore they think "nobody will watch them because Ash is the character to watch!" and so they ignore it. I mean,if they did think they were important,they would have shown them on Kids WB.

However,we didn't see the episode "Brock and Pewter Gym",we just saw him return in "You Can Never Taillow!",so I believe they won't dub any of the special episodes.

And yeah,that makes it suck,but what can ya do? They won't listen to us,only to little kids. :p

Zak
22nd March 2004, 04:48 PM
IIRC they DID say something about direct release to video and DVD. Not for sure, but they do plan on somehow dubbing them.

~Zak

Ashi-chan
10th April 2004, 02:56 PM
IIRC they DID say something about direct release to video and DVD. Not for sure, but they do plan on somehow dubbing them.

~Zak

That sounds hot! I'm just dying to see the Takeshi special...