PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Razola
17th March 2004, 06:01 PM
Pandora Tomorrow is out now, and since the demos didn't garner any actual discussion, the thread is now about the actual game.

I haven't played it yet (will soon), but it is getting some excellent reviews. The multiplayer demo will be out tomorrow, so I'll let you all know when it's out.

Razola
25th March 2004, 01:07 PM
The Multiplayer Demo is out now. It has one level, five pieces of equipment for each side, and one game mode.

You can find it on Fileshack or Fileplanet, or any other place that starts with "File."

Enjoy.

PNT510
25th March 2004, 04:21 PM
I plan on getting it for XBox sometime next week after I get payed.

Razola
29th March 2004, 11:52 PM
Why aren't you people playing at least the awesome multiplayer demo? I will give you a few stories from only three games I played.

The first was as a spy. The mission was simply: find three computer and hack them for ten seconds, neutralizing them. Against us was a 10 minute time limit and two burly Argus Mercenaries. What sticks out the most in this game (I lost ALL of my games...I'm so ashamed) is when I was underneath a slope leading to the next floor. I saw a Merc coming, his head light revealing all, and I danced. Unlike the guards in the single-player, this merc was checking the left and right of the slope constantly, and so I had to keep going left and right until he chose a direction to take. A sigh of relief came when he decided to go up the stairs. I should've followed him up and choked him, but my time limit was fading fast.

The best one was when I was a Merc. Using the sound sensor on my visor, I walked into a room where a spy was in the process of hacking. I fired some shots into him, but he came prepared with Flashbangs. My vision was white, and then began our little fight. Rather than run, the spy was obviously freaked out, as I (equally panicked) shot both bullets and tazer shots while blinded. This continued, the spy dropping flash bangs as I tried to shoot him. He finally found his way out, but it's a shining example of how paranoid this game makes you.

Like when a spy grabbed came up and choked my partner. I quickly rushed to his location, hoping to catch a fleeing spy on my moton sensor. But I quickly was frozen place. Before I could react, I too was staring at a respawn screen. The spy then said he much preferred to kill Mercs than complete the mission. Scary stuff.

So download it. I need someone to play with.

The Muffin Man
30th March 2004, 07:47 PM
If my computar machine wasn't crap, I'd happily download this game. The XBox controller just seemed a bit awkward...

They need a Keyboard controller for the 'Box so I can play Counter-Strike and Splinter Cell with WSAD and the Mouse without making my itty bitty processor cry like a fat man on a diet...

Razola
30th March 2004, 08:10 PM
I didn't like Spinter Cell on the Gamecube. But I love it on the PC. Mouse camera control + Save Anywhere = Happiness.

woz
31st March 2004, 10:20 PM
i downloaded it. currently playing the single player campaign. pretty much the same as the first but with lots of improvements. enjoyable stuff.

Razola
31st March 2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by woz
i downloaded it. currently playing the single player campaign. pretty much the same as the first but with lots of improvements. enjoyable stuff.
Single player is almost an expansion. It's good, but you stay for the multiplayer. It's incredible.

Razola
5th April 2004, 06:15 PM
You'd think the biggest drawback on the PC is that not everyone has a mic, but it isn't. It's that no on uses the damn thing. I'll always give a few orders or ask if they can hear me, and all I get is silence. So for 10 minutes you just hear them breathe...it's pretty damn creepy.

But when you find someone you is willing to...you know communicate, you win a lot more often. This is more of a case for spies than mercs, but mercs are screwed if the spies are talking and they are not.

I'm probably going to play a few games in a bit. On the PC version, my tag is "Razzola," since Ubi can't remember the last 5 names I gave it.