PDA

View Full Version : Please Rate and Give Help: Need a little help w/ movesets

Misty's Tears
17th March 2004, 07:08 PM
Ok, this is the team i've been training for Colleseum, and it's fairly good but it needs a little work in some of the movesets so help me out.

Cacturne:
Ability: Ups evasion in sandstorm
Nature: Modest (+10% sp.atk., -10%attack)
Item: Leftovers

Toxic
Protect
Faint Attack
Sandstorm

I'm not sure about him, he's probabaly one of the weakest members of the team. I'm thinking about adding Double Team(goes well w/ sandstorm) or Spikes or something, but I don't know where to put it. I need Faint Attack or some other dark attack because im lacking defense against psychic/ghost types on this team.
-----------------

Slaking:
Ability:Truant (Attcks every other turn)
Nature: Lonley (+10% attack, -10% defense)
Item:Leftovers

Hyper Beam
Shadow Ball
???????????
??Swagger??

Because of EV Training and his rediculous base Attack strangth this guy can basically KO anything with Hyper Beam, and it works well with his hindering ability. Shadow Ball is for the ghost types that are immune to Hyper Beam. As for the other two moves, I have no idea. I was thinking swagger for one of them and maybe Return or something for the other. Help.
--------------------

Groudon:
Ability: Drought
Nature: Serious (None)
Item: The berry that heals sleep

Eruption
Earthquake
Bulk Up
Rest

The self explanatory powerhouse. Don't slam the lengendaries, i'm keeping them even if they are cheap. As for Groudon, I don't really like Bulk Up. Against something like a Latias [with the levitate ability and is a dragon type (where Eruption is not very effective)] he is basically useless, so i need to substitute in something instead of Bulk Up or Rest.
-------------------------

Wobbuffet:
Ability: Foe can't switch PKMN or flee
Nature: Calm (+10% sp.def, -10% attack)

Encore
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard

Wobbuffet is the ultimate defense againt all of these powerhouse teams eyeryone has nowadays. Having over 560 HP w/ leftovers and the ability of no switchig PKMN, this thing is pretty impossible to take down without a move like toxic or will-o-wisp. Perfect against legendaries and other sweepers as long as you use him at the right time.

Kyorge:
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Timid (+10% speed, -10%attack)

Ice Beam
Thunder
Calm Mind
Rest

Thinking about putting on a strong water type attack for STAB instead of rest. The sleep berries on Groudon and Kyorge and Rest make them hard to take down.
-----------------------------

Latios:
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm (+10 sp.def, -10atk)
Item: Sowl Dew

Calm Mind
Psychic
Dragon Claw
Recover

STAB on Psychic and Dragon Claw, plus Calm Mind, plus Sowl Dew, gives Latios incredible sp. attack so it can hold its own against just about anything. The clam Mind stratgey is a little repetitive on this team, but hey, I use what works.
----------------------------

So there you go, please rate the team and give some imput about what you think for fixes and or movesets that could make it better.
~Thanks.

Rabid_Cow
17th March 2004, 07:37 PM
Cacturne- Drop protect for spikes. Very useful, especially with toxic and sandstorm. Keep leftovers definetally.

Slaking- I've never used one, but I know they're good physical and special sweepers. I'm guessin you went heavy on the ATK with his EV's so I'd suggest this:

Slaking @Shell Bell (if in colosseum can't use same items)
-Earthquake
-Hyper Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Brick Break

Pretty self explanitory. The only reason I suggested Shell Bell is if he can OHKO a guy, then he'll get a lot of HP back. Brick Break and Earthquake are there for support. BB can take out Reflects that may get in his awesome physical power.

Groudon- Meh, I won't bash you for using him, but I will bash you for the moveset.

Groudon @Chesto Berry
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Solar Beam
-Rest

Lots of staying power. Doubles as a sunny beam/thrower, which is very nice against any waters that come your way.

Wobbuffet- you may wanna switch that nature, seeing as the more HP he loses the more damage he can do. I know this guy is useful against legendaries etc., but at the same time it will be VERY difficult to raise to a decent level. Leftovers is OK i don't know what else to suggest here.

Kyogre- Don't know what to say here, I don't know if he really needs Rest though. I'd use this if I were you.

Kyogre @Shell Bell or Leftovers
-Surf
-Thunder
-Earthquake
-Calm Mind

He really needs EQuake! Drizzle is just a permanent magnet for Thunder. Thunder and Surf pumped by Calm Mind is nice, and Surf is also a STAB. (not to forget about drizzle again!)

Latios- Looks fine. his special ATK is high already so you may wanna consider dropping Calm Mind for Ice Beam maybe. I don't know, that's really up to you.

Team looks fine all in all. You don't have to take my suggestions, but I'm happy to give em. Hope I helped!
:wave:

Cferra
17th March 2004, 08:43 PM
Here are my suggestions:

Cacturne:

Teeter Dance (Breed m Spinda with f Cacnea)
Sandstorm
Faint Attack
Needle Arm

Groudon: Not my cup of tea but it seems cool!

Everyone else seems fine so take their suggestions. Also try to get a Naughty Cacturne. I got a naughty Cacturne female with those moves. She's vicious!

L_X

Misty's Tears
17th March 2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I agree with you in putting spikes on Cacturne, i figure he wont be able to stay around long enough to use toxic, spikes, sandstorm, and still have enough time to utlilize protect, so i'll take that off. Teeter Dance would also work pretty well but i already have him raised to Lv. 96 and am not going to re-do it all for just one move.

I like Earthquake on Slaking, it's also a nice option to have, in case your battling rock types or something, making his normal type attacks less effective. I dont know about brick break, i still like swagger better, since i rarely come up against Reflect.

Also, you said Wobbuffet would be hard to raise to a decent level, it's actually really not that difficult. After doing the EV training, just stick the Exp. Shared on him and lead him first into battle, beat the Elite 4 multiple times and he'll raise up quite fast. Got mine to Lv. 100 just the other day. Also, he needs a lot less total experience to get to Lv. 100 then most pokes.

For Kyorge im pretty hesitant to give up ice beam, since it comes in quite useful with all the upcomming new dragon types that people have (i.e. Salamence, Latios, Latias, Flygon, Rayquaza, Altaria, just to name a few). I will take off Rest for Earthquake though.

In any case here's the new team with updated changes:
------------------
Cacturne:
Ability: Ups evasion in sandstorm
Nature: Modest (+10% sp.atk., -10%attack)

Toxic
Spikes
Faint Attack
Sandstorm
-----------------

Slaking:
Ability:Truant (Attcks every other turn)
Nature: Lonley (+10% attack, -10% defense)
Item:Leftovers

Hyper Beam
Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Swagger
--------------------

Groudon:
Ability: Drought
Nature: Serious (None)

Eruption
Earthquake
Solarbeam
Rest

Wobbuffet:
Ability: Foe can't switch PKMN or flee
Nature: Calm (+10% sp.def, -10% attack)

Encore
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard

Kyorge:
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Timid (+10% speed, -10%attack)

Ice Beam
Thunder
Calm Mind
Earthquake

Latios:
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm (+10 sp.def, -10atk)
Item: Sowl Dew

Calm Mind
Psychic
Dragon Claw
Recover

Does that look good?

Cferra
17th March 2004, 10:00 PM
Looks like a solid team! Didn't know you raised Cacturne that high. But yeah the team looks great. I myself don't use legendary pokemon but yeah nice team!

L_X