PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

Absol Master
17th March 2004, 10:05 PM
I dont know if someone has asked this yet but. I read somewhere that you need to have a Japanese Memory Card to same in Pokemon Colloseum(Spelling) People tell me if it is true or no. I pre Ordered it.

Don't Run With Scizors
18th March 2004, 12:10 AM
This only applies to the Japanese Pokémon Colosseum. Japanese games and English games use different file systems on their memory cards, so if you were to save a Japanese Pokémon Colosseum on a card that had existing English game data on it, it would erase it before saving anything on it.

Absol Master
18th March 2004, 12:29 AM
Thank you very much I was worried about that. So I can save my file. One more question. Um can you have 2 files on the same memory card or do you have to have it on different ones.

Number1ChanseyFan
18th March 2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Absol Master
One more question. Um can you have 2 files on the same memory card or do you have to have it on different ones.

There is only one save file on Colosseum, just like all of the other Pokémon games. So, you will need a seperate memory card if you want more than one save file. Also, you can't copy save files on Pokémon Colosseum.

BlueEyesPikachu
18th March 2004, 03:12 PM
Although this is sort of off topic, I imported a Japanese game and saved it onto an English memory card, and it saved like usual and works fine. This was on Playstation, so they might be different.

rinku
18th March 2004, 04:35 PM
No reason for Nintendo and Sony to follow the same file conventions. Sony obviously are using a universal file format.

ShockingAlberto
18th March 2004, 05:24 PM
Here's a slightly related, slightly not question.

Can I place all my Pokemon on to Colosseum? Like, I use up almost all my boxes (but not all of them are full; they're organized by type), and I'd like to place all those Pokemon on to the game. Why would I do that? Well, I also want to start Ruby over and get a Treecko or a Mudkip, but I don't want to lose all those Pokemon I caught.

So, is it possible, or would I have to catch 'em all again?

-- ShockingAlberto

Cferra
18th March 2004, 05:42 PM
Pokemon Colosseum only has a storage system for 90 pokemon. They all would be in the RPG mode and you can use those RPG mode pokemon after you cure them in the Colosseum mode. Those pokemon include many of the Johtos.

Absol Master
18th March 2004, 06:01 PM
Is Pokemon Colosseum anything like Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. Is there a place to where you can free duel and is there mini games like in both Pokemon Stadium games.

Number1ChanseyFan
18th March 2004, 06:45 PM
The mini games are not in Pokémon Colosseum, but you can battle another person in a 1-on-1 fight, or you can have up to four people battling in a 2-against-2 fight. In multiplayer battles, one player uses the GameCube controller and additional players are linked to the game via their Game Boy Advance systems and Pokémon Ruby or Pokémon Sapphire game.