PDA

View Full Version : When things must come to an end...

Knight of Time
18th March 2004, 07:40 AM
Hi.

Ever since I first came to TPM, I always hoped that I would have a great time here.

But now, things have ultimately changed for me.

After some tough events that took their toll on me (one event was the impersonation event, another was when my username got changed to Everyone But Darkprince for a couple of weeks thanks to a certain TPMer here named Nate, and now, a third event has overtaken me, my firing from Goldenrod Tower in PCG), I have declared that I can't take it anymore.

As of today, I am officially leaving TPM.

With this said, I have several things which are now history:

My adopted and captured Pokemon from PCG, and related items
My co-ownership of Pokemon Hangman
My ASB team and referee rank

To anyone who wishes to talk to me on AIM or e-mail me: I'd prefer if you leave me alone. Those events put too much pressure on me, and I am no longer in the mood to chat with any of the friends here I have made in my stay here, unless they just want to say goodbye.

Farewell, and I hope TPM becomes better than ever without me around.

Lady Vulpix
18th March 2004, 07:49 AM
I can't speak for the first two events, but you brought the last one upon yourself. Everybody knew you'd be fired from the GT for inactivity, and playing videogames is not a reasonable excuse to neglect a responsibility you have assumed.

In any case, do what you think is best for you. Maybe you're not ready to handle interaction with many people; after all TPM is much like the real world when it comes to that. Some will understand you, some won't, some will make fun of you, and all will expect you to act upon your word and do what you have offered yourself for. By leaving TPM, you're just running again from one place where you get to experience social interaction, but I hope you understand that you can't block it away for the rest of your life. It will catch up with you wherever you go, and you'll have to learn to deal with it some day. But maybe you need some time alone for now. I suggest you use it to reflect and get whatever help you need.

kainashi
18th March 2004, 08:26 AM
i don't see how any of that is anything to get whiny about. you shouldn't let people like nate get to you. the nick change is nothing also but oh well, if you're leaving, farewell. :wave:

Silver Ledian
18th March 2004, 09:08 AM
I don't remember myself ever participating in the whole 'Everyone but DarkPrince' thing, I never actually caught onto the hilarity of it all, which many other people did. I can sympathise with you there because although the others think it's a bit of fun, when you're the person being laughed at and kind of looked down on, it can get very irritating to see people mocking you, even though a lot of people think it's just a good laugh.

I have to say though, Kyle, your activity at the GT - at least during my time there - has been very scarce and I've noticed, especially from when I was employed, that it's mainly Danny and myself that do the updates (since Chris is away atm :/ hopefully he's ok).

To be honest, there's no need to leave TPM on the whole. You could take a break from Ummmm or perhaps change your screenname but if you look at how much you've enjoyed it here in the past, it's been a bit of a waste of time now if you're just going to leave all your ASB and PCG stuff. That's all I have to say really. I hope you think about it and come back...but for now, see ya.

kainashi
18th March 2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Silver Ledian
I don't remember myself ever participating in the whole 'Everyone but DarkPrince' thing, I never actually caught onto the hilarity of it all, which many other people did. I can sympathise with you there because although the others think it's a bit of fun, when you're the person being laughed at and kind of looked down on, it can get very irritating to see people mocking you, even though a lot of people think it's just a good laugh. i found the "everyone but darkprince" thing to be very stupid myself.

Little_Pikachu
18th March 2004, 10:01 AM
See you around, I guess. I think you took the whole jokes from Nate a bit too seriously and you have to understand that if someone is trying to run a serious game you can't just pick and choose when you want to participate and not except to be fired.

GreenShirT
18th March 2004, 10:29 AM
Tartare!

The name changing was just a joke so don't take it too seriously and if you say to your friends dont talk to you because you are whinning about things then I would be suprised if you have any friends at all soon...

Zak
18th March 2004, 11:10 AM
The whole "Everyone but Darkprince" thing started from something Otto said, I think. Then it became a common Ummmm phenomenon. But anyways, sorry if you took it personally, but then again if something like that was taken personally, like Simon said, I could question whether you're going to survive in the real world. The whole name change thing I can understand though, I wouldn't want my name changed here unwantedly when the only people that can change it are Suzie or Kevin. But if I knew it was only temporary and not permanent, it wouldn't be much of a problem. I'm also in a similar situation involving my account which I won't get into, but I'm not whining about it or anything.

Also, unlike most message boards TPM is a lot like the real world, so it's not like the standard internet thing, it's a little more like the real world where you need a good impression to be accepted. But that's what I love about TPM so much.

As for the GT thing... well, I don't go there, but I've read some, and it IS run pretty seriously. But although this is a seriously run thing on the internet compared to most message board games, this is NOTHING compared to getting/losing a job in real life. So if that's a big deal... then yeah. I just got a couple new video games and I'm pretty addicted myself right now, but I still manage to budget my time to here as well, and remain active in my forum. It's just like being a mod; if you're inactive for an invalid excuse, then you go. Although this GT seems to be a tad less strict on that, so basically my point is if I can be addicted to video games, manage homework, meet with friends, AND keep up my activity on TPM, then I'm sure you could too if it's just a game. So therefore, you brought this upon yourself.

However, if you were in the hospital (God-forbid), or on a long vacation, or away for another reason you have no control over, that would be another matter.

~Zak

Yoh Asakura
18th March 2004, 01:00 PM
You'll be back.

Why else would you post a topic saying you're leaving? You'll come back to see the replies so yeah...

Razola
18th March 2004, 01:06 PM
I've never seen you before, but goodbye and good luck! I kid, I know who you are DP.

The Blue Avenger
18th March 2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by DarkPrince the Dark Knight
After some tough events that took their toll on me (one event was the impersonation event, another was when my username got changed to Everyone But Darkprince for a couple of weeks thanks to a certain TPMer here named Nate, and now, a third event has overtaken me, my firing from Goldenrod Tower in PCG), I have declared that I can't take it anymore.

Well, stuff happens. I know it isn't the greatest, but sometimes you have to grin and bear it. But hey, that's just me. Do what you want.

Good luck. :wave:

The Rusted One
18th March 2004, 03:20 PM
I never saw the humour behind the "Everyone but Darkprince" thing, either - and it really didn't strike me as being any sort of mature. I thought it quite obvious you didn't like it, and really, a joke is only a joke until it gets to a point where the victim isn't laughing, and it isn't funny anyway.

It's a pity that you're leaving because of that and a few other reasons though; you don't frequent Misc to any high degree to my knowledge, but those forums that you do hang around in might miss your presence - but if this is the best way for you to deal with things, as you see it, then you should go with how you feel and what you think.

Crystal Mew
18th March 2004, 03:24 PM
Sorry you are leaving Kyle, but really... the whole 'everyone darkprince' thing was really nothing to get upset over....the fact that you DID get upset about it is what made everyone constantly call you that. If you would have taken my advice, which I gave months ago, you probably wouldn't be called that now, and probably wouldn't be in this situation. but hey, what do I know :rolleyes:

Its a common fact that if you call someone names, and it clearly upsets them, they will keep on calling you that, because they get a rise out of you..thats why you ignore them.

Anyways, and about your name change, big deal..again. It was just a harmless joke that you took too seriously .-.;

As I see it, you will be a mental-stress ball by the age of 30 if you keep this up :wave:

and about the last thing, I have no idea, but I get the idea you said video games was the excuse....

IMO, you shouldn't leave TPM over these minor "problems"

well, see-ya when I see ya!

Yoh Asakura
18th March 2004, 03:38 PM
"It's only funny until somebody gets hurt....Then it's hilarious"

Or I could just be screwed up and find other people's pain amusing *shrugs*

The Muffin Man
18th March 2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by YAMI YUGI™
You'll be back.

Why else would you post a topic saying you're leaving? You'll come back to see the replies so yeah...

Attention whores make "I'm leaving because you all hate me" topics. When people come in to apologize/say they didn't mean to hurt them, they got an opportunity to say "OMG I guess you don't hate me, I'll stay :)"

If you come back, I will erupt into anger and smash you with a hammer with the weight of 10 million Snorlax >:O

MToolen
18th March 2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
If you come back, I will erupt into anger and smash you with a hammer with the weight of 10 million Snorlax >:O

Wow, that would be, like, 10.4 billion pounds!

Anyway, I do hate seeing good posters go. If I ran away from something if the slightest smidgen seemed to dislike me, it would be very boring. Constant pressure is something you have to come to terms with here just as in the real world. But, if you really are insistent in running away, I wish you good luck in all you do.

RedStarWarrior
18th March 2004, 04:24 PM
Well, if you really want to leave, we can't stop you.

Have fun doing whatever.

Crazy
18th March 2004, 04:26 PM
I don't mean to sound like a jackass. Yet I can't help but feel that if you can't take ONLINE pressure, then why are you here? I am amazed about how upset someone could get over that stuff.. So good bye I hardly knew ya.

Systematic Revolution
18th March 2004, 04:47 PM
Okay first of all, you are twenty years old. There is no reason you should be offended by the stupid **** a fifteen year old like me says over the INTERNET. Anyone who loses sleep over someone they don't know insulting them is just childish. Perhaps you should learn to act your age. I'm sorry that you had to take things so damn seriously. And it's a damn shame that you're leaving because you were fired from an online job at a pokemon message board. If someone gets fired from their job do they automatically commit suicide? No. You shouldn't leave just because you have no job here now. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Bye.

~SR

Jay
18th March 2004, 06:54 PM
The workers wanted to fire you from Goldenrod Tower for months now, and since months ago your activity did not improve at the business. I'm quite surprise that the workers at-the-time didn't do anything about it, until (I think) Clark had to complain like two weeks ago I believe.

As for the name-calling, I got a laugh out of it at first, but I guess it got kind of repetitive. You have to realise that it was all a joke and that you shouldn't have taken it too seriously. But since you've now officially left I guess I nor anyone can do anything about it. Tata.

Syberia
18th March 2004, 07:43 PM
Dude, you're nearly 21. Isn't it about time you left TPM and either went to college/got a job/both anyways? :rolleyes:

EDIT: If he can't take the "pressure" of an online message board, I'd hate to see what he does if he ever gets a job.