PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Walk through walls (well almost).

Sceptile_Master
18th March 2004, 11:10 AM
http://img42.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-26658/loc432/77166_133412_123_432lo.jpg

Green_Pikachu
18th March 2004, 11:25 AM
wow, that's really awesome...

i haven't played the gameboy in such a long time. haha.

CooltrainerNick
30th April 2004, 01:07 PM
dang. I have yellow version.

phantomness
2nd May 2004, 12:22 AM
Hmm, I shall try it in my blue version after I beat Elite 4

Master Chief
25th March 2006, 02:09 PM
Well I have Blue Version, and Yellow Version, and this glitch works for both of them. I just wanted to clear things up.

mr_pikachu
26th March 2006, 04:11 AM
Hmm, that is odd. I guess they weren't thinking about people walking from the ladder into a wall, so I guess they didn't program that particular spot to stop your movement. It'd be really neat if you could keep moving along the rocks from that spot, but I guess that'd be asking a bit much.

To clarify the trick, progress in Unknown Dungeon to the screen just before the one with Mewtwo. That is, taking the next ladder will get you to Mewtwo's area. Once you're on that screen, move straight down from the ladder in which you enter. Even though that's a rock, you're still able to reach that spot. However, you can't move anywhere from there except straight up again, which takes you into the ladder (and thus to the previous screen).

I'll try to clarify it further in ASCII, in case I wasn't clear enough with that explanation.

00A-0000
0&&----0
0&&000-0
0B0----0
0---0000

Key:
0 = A totally inaccesible space
A = The ladder you enter on when moving toward Mewtwo
B = The ladder that takes you to Mewtwo's screen
- = A space on the walkway
& = A space on a large rock
& = The glitch space on the rock.

So you see, if you move downward from the ladder you enter the screen on, it will allow you to enter the rock. However, you can't go anywhere from there except straight back into the ladder.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't even notice that the thread was necroed.

Poryhedron
26th March 2006, 02:35 PM
Actually, there's another place where you can do this in Red/Blue. I'll ASCII up a display of this, but it's based on memory from long ago because I restarted my Blue game pretty recently and can't get there yet.

____
/....\
|.#@.|
|.#@.|
|.#@.|
|.##.|
|=^^.|
That's stairs at the bottom left onto a platform, with higher rock in the center so you have to walk around the edge of the platform. Now, the # and @ are actually one large block, but for some unknown reason you can walk on the @ areas. It's in the basement, nowhere near the ladder up.

Magmar
26th March 2006, 10:29 PM
Ahh! Necromanced thread DIE!!

There's a ton of locations like this in all the caves... you can, for some reason, walk on rocks that aren't really part of the wall. It's odd. I'd have to dig out Blue to find some.