View Full Version : WoW BETA HAS BEGUN

Razola
18th March 2004, 08:23 PM
Source. (http://www.battle.net)

So far, no e-mail for me. Damnation...

PNT510
18th March 2004, 09:09 PM
I too didn't get an e-mail :(

Hopefully my friend got selected, then I can go to his house and tell him how to play it :)

Razola
18th March 2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by PNT510

Do not feel beaten! E-mails are being sent in batches. You may not get yours for a few hours.

Lord Necrodain
18th March 2004, 09:35 PM
There's a 7 page topic on the official boards full of Canadians (like myself) who didn't get e-mails. So far, the only known Canadians who got e-mails are on the Friends List or are part of the Fansite Program. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, the odds of getting into the Frozen Throne Beta were better than they are for this one, and I didn't get into that, so my expectations are low.

My friend cheated, he got like 6 of his other friends who have no interest in the Beta to sign up too, so they can give it to him if they get accepted.

Salvester2
18th March 2004, 09:51 PM
Bit Torrent is a kinda iffy DL process. If it does work like it is supposed to, why not send them all out at once to increase the DL speed?

*puts Suicide pills on table*

Must..recieve...e-mail.

Razola
18th March 2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Salvester2
Bit Torrent is a kinda iffy DL process. If it does work like it is supposed to, why not send them all out at once to increase the DL speed?
Bit Torrent is easier on Blizzard's servers...and us. Rather than have us wait for their to site to load and then wait to get the beta itself, we can just share the bandwidth amongst ourself. It just speeds up the process.

If I get in, I may have to exceed my bandwidth cap for the first time.

Craig
19th March 2004, 03:21 PM
Apparently hey are emailing both phase 1 and 2 ... This doesnt sound good for me :( I didn't get an email..but 2 days have not passed so.. maybe!