PDA

View Full Version : ep. #345 Petalburg City Gym! Family Crisis!

have a stammer
18th March 2004, 11:57 PM
Time now for the much questioned "affair" episode. From the clip we see a VERY angry Caroline as she is making dinner. We then see the very smooth Norman talking with the local Nurse Joy. And as for pokemon we see vigoroth, followed by a rather upset and not lazy Slaking, and finally a slakoth hanging from a tree. All Norman's? Good possibility ... of course there also some shots of the ever-present never giving up team rocket as Seviper and Cacnea are shown releasing a poison tail(seviper of course) and a pin missle(cacnea of course) the clip ends with the still very angry Caroline stomping into the Pokemon center and questioning her Husband and Nurse Joy. End.

Thoughts?

Of Course the "affair" is a misunderstanding and well get resolved with a smile and maybe even a brainless group laugh. But it should be interesting to see how it plays out. One thing is that even though I have only seen the clip I find that I like the angry Caroline and the smooth Norman, especially Caroline see just seemed so bland and plain when we were first introduced to her. Now about the Slaking, there is no evidence it's NOT Norman's and since its already been proven he will be using a fast slakoth, it seems he will be using the entire slaking line as his pokes. anyway stammer on about you ideas and thoughts and make sure to ridicule mine. ;)

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/069.jpg

shock

Chris 2.1
19th March 2004, 10:30 AM
This sounds great! I like the sound of this episode. Slaking's debut, as well as Slakoth's. I wonder how they'll animate them both, they seem rather rigid and Slakoth looks like a rug anyway, so i can't imagine him running around.

Zak
19th March 2004, 02:09 PM
To everyone who thinks the affair ep will end up edited or banned:

They have NO reason to do it if its all about romance. Everyone makes it out to be some sexual thing when they hear "affair". It's a ROMANTIC affair, at least I hope it is... and if you think they'd ban it if it's just about a romantic affair, then... oh well. They've had relationships before and romance stuff on Pokemon, just nothing ever close to sexual.

~Zak

Light_Togetic
19th March 2004, 03:29 PM
Nah, I don't think they'll ban it. If there's anything remotely questionable in it, they can always just re-edit dialogue (like they don't do that anyway...).

It looks to be a really cool episode! Lemme just say this though: Caroline scares me... ;_; No seriously, I would not want ANY girl on that show mad at me... I hope Norman has a darn good excuse as to what he's been doing with Nurse Joy!

It'll be interesting to see May and Max's reactions to this episode. Perhaps some good character development shall come from it. ^.^

BTW, who's the other dude in the picture? I don't remember seeing him before... Should I know him? I could be having momentary memory lapses... XD

Nameless
19th March 2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Zak
To everyone who thinks the affair ep will end up edited or banned:

They have NO reason to do it if its all about romance. Everyone makes it out to be some sexual thing when they hear "affair". It's a ROMANTIC affair, at least I hope it is... and if you think they'd ban it if it's just about a romantic affair, then... oh well. They've had relationships before and romance stuff on Pokemon, just nothing ever close to sexual.

~Zak

They might ban/edit it. In Cardcaptors they banned all romance in it. But this is a different company so I dunno. It may or may not.

have a stammer
19th March 2004, 06:27 PM
That is because in Cardcaptors there are hints of Gay, lesbian, and even incest and for some of those they don't actually hint they say it flat out. And since the characters were so young obviously that would be taken out. I still don't think Cardcaptors should have been on TV, since they cut out so much it, the show was ruined.

But back to the affair I always saw it as a Romantic affair and not a sexual affair. But even then I doubt that it will be a real romance as I said in my first post, it will turn out most likely to be a simple misunderstanding.

ShockingAlberto
19th March 2004, 09:52 PM
My guess is the dub is going to completely take out the idea of an affair as a whole and make it more of a jealousy thing. It will probably make Norman look really nice and friendly and Caroline overreacting.

That could be done fairly easily without losing too much of the story.

-- ShockingAlberto

Chris 2.1
20th March 2004, 03:29 AM
There's a really nice speculation that Norman and Joy are raising a Pokemon for Max, you know, as a gift for him. Remember, a Pokemon License means you can catch Pokemon and participate League Matches, so without one Max can still have a Pokemon (remember Rudy's sister in OI?)

Animelee
21st March 2004, 05:14 AM
Right on, Zak! Pokémon is a G-rated show! Even though it had the infamous Kojirou-body suit joke, and the joke about breast milk in the episode with Tarzan, it's harmless. Sure, people would think those are bad jokes, but if so, then they shouldn't watch family shows like Rugrats, since they've had those kinds of harmless jokes before. Err, anyways, I'm rambling. My point is: on other forums, people have been saying stuff like "OMGz sexxx1111!!", forgetting that Pokémon's a G-rated show, and not all affairs involve sexual relations/feelings.

This seems like it's going to be a great episode. Mitsuko looks mighty-angry, and Keking looks like Optimus Primal from Beast Wars. :D Could it be that the Yarukimono from Satoshi's first attempt at getting the Balance Badge evolved? Guess we'll have to wait 'til Thursday, my favourite day of the week!

The plot seems pretty predictable, but Masato seems like he has something cute/important to say, like, "Papa, don't cheat on Mama! You love eachother!" Then everyone will go "awww", and Papa will explain to Masato that he and Joy are discussing giving Masato a starter Pokémon, and everything'll be cleared up, and Senri will declare his love for Mitsuko, and everyone will laugh at the whole thing, like Stammer said. What a sentence. O_O The only thing that's not predictable is why Senri is hanging around Joy all the time. I really hope it's because Masato's ready for a Pokémon.

Again I go with the rambling. :D

Nameless
21st March 2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Right on, Zak! Pokémon is a G-rated show! Even though it had the infamous Kojirou-body suit joke, and the joke about breast milk in the episode with Tarzan, it's harmless. Sure, people would think those are bad jokes, but if so, then they shouldn't watch family shows like Rugrats, since they've had those kinds of harmless jokes before. Err, anyways, I'm rambling. My point is: on other forums, people have been saying stuff like "OMGz sexxx1111!!", forgetting that Pokémon's a G-rated show, and not all affairs involve sexual relations/feelings.

This seems like it's going to be a great episode. Mitsuko looks mighty-angry, and Keking looks like Optimus Primal from Beast Wars. :D Could it be that the Yarukimono from Satoshi's first attempt at getting the Balance Badge evolved? Guess we'll have to wait 'til Thursday, my favourite day of the week!

The plot seems pretty predictable, but Masato seems like he has something cute/important to say, like, "Papa, don't cheat on Mama! You love eachother!" Then everyone will go "awww", and Papa will explain to Masato that he and Joy are discussing giving Masato a starter Pokémon, and everything'll be cleared up, and Senri will declare his love for Mitsuko, and everyone will laugh at the whole thing, like Stammer said. What a sentence. O_O The only thing that's not predictable is why Senri is hanging around Joy all the time. I really hope it's because Masato's ready for a Pokémon.

Again I go with the rambling. :D

It probably is the same vigoroth, I think in the preview it shows it evolving quickly or something. Could be wrong.

I think it's something else though, we see TR destroying something and it's probably what Joy and Norman were working on I dunno.

Pewter City Geodude
23rd March 2004, 12:07 PM
I wonder how Brock will react when he first finds out that one of his beloved Joys *might* be involved in an affair (or so they think)? :D