PDA

View Full Version : Calling all lost authors

Team Rocket's Lugia
22nd March 2004, 06:26 AM
Hi, on these fanfiction boards, lots of fic do not get compleated. A big dissapointment. Is there a way to let the vairous authors contiune their fics? It's a big question. Discuss, reply, cause I want to finish reading some truly great fics.

Darien Shields
22nd March 2004, 07:30 AM
I'm always partial to a little money ^_^

Well, the truth is you have to take every fic on a case by case basis. Sometimes, they're just bad, and we're all better off for the writer moving on to better things. More often, a writer looses enthusiasm because nobody's posting. In that case if enough people posted and stuff and said "this was great!" then it may come back. If good fics (good=popular in this case) stop it's usually because the writer has gone off pokemon. With me this is usually a temporary condition, but usually when I come back I don't like the fic I just wrote, or have advanced to the state that I'd have to re-write the whole thing, which'd just be annoying. Alot of people "graduate" from pokemon and go on to write "something much better" (they mean that they started writing regular fiction, and by comparison to what else is out there, they're rubbish.)

But don't take my word for it, I'm bitter.

Chris 2.1
22nd March 2004, 10:39 AM
Well I have given a couple fics up. One, because when TPM went down I shifted forums and it got absolutely heckled there so I just abandoned it....another idea I wrote was fine, but I had three fics at the time and was forced to give it up.

Meh, Lucky Charms will come back sooner than you think.

Lady Vulpix
27th March 2004, 07:44 AM
Well, I take a long time between chapters because my real life always comes between me and my writing, but if you're willing to wait, rest assured that I will keep posting Quest of Twelve until it's done or until everyone loses interest. I hope it's the former and not the latter.

The Decapitated Mole
27th March 2004, 08:33 AM
Whenever I stop writing anything it's because nobody replies to it. People either read and don't reply or just ignore the fic altogether, and it used to piss me off a lot when nobody replied to my fics. But now I just ignore it, and write because I like writing. Simple as that.

If you want fics you like to stay, reply to them and refer people to them. Also, offer the author criticism and the like, and tell them how much you like the story. I don't know about finishing abandoned ones, though. Maybe check some other forums those people posted at, to see if they finished them there, and ask them to repost or start posting again.

o_0
jimm

Dark Nidoknight
27th March 2004, 03:28 PM
Revenge of the Pokemon is dead for the most part. I'll probably never, ever continue it. I know you told me to update it awhile back, I did. But I have lost intrest in that fic I made out of pure spite and boredom.

~Dark Nidoknight~

Chris 2.1
27th March 2004, 04:20 PM
This thread can help you decide weather to keep that fic buried 6 paragraphs under or to revive it once again (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26644)

Powarun
28th March 2004, 12:20 AM
Repost and complete some of my many unfinished fics, not a chance. Maybe ABC's of Pokemon, if I can find it again. Sigh, my writing style was just so horrible there would be no way to fix it. Plus I don't have the time like I used to. I created my fics while in summer break or the bored nights I would have, not like these recent video game hungry and job hungry nights I been having lately.

SubSane
4th April 2004, 01:02 AM
Sometimes life just drags a brother down. If fics could pay the bills, then we're talkin'.