PDA

View Full Version : What's a good place to purify Shadow Pokémon?

Ultimate Pikachu
24th March 2004, 09:21 PM
I just got to the Relic Stone and want to purify my Pokémon. Where is a good place. I also need to train the Pokémon I have. They are: Espeon Level 34, Umbreon Level 34, Furret Level 37, Quilava Level 32-34 (I forgot), Ampharos Level 34, and Noctowl Level 32. I've snagged everything so far.

War Raichu
24th March 2004, 09:32 PM
Try fighting the trainers in Pyrite Town's square over and over. Just fight them all, enter and exit a building, and fight them again. That's what I've heard.

Rambunctious Jamirus
24th March 2004, 09:41 PM
I'm kind of confused about something. I have the message "Undo the Final Lock" on two of the Shadow Pokemon I have. How exactly do I "undo the final lock"?

EDIT: I've just beaten the Colosseum in Pyrite town if that helps.

Poryhedron
24th March 2004, 10:18 PM
There's a topic about this titled "unlock the final lock or whatever". Now that you've drained the evil from your snagged Shadow Pokémon, they're ready for the final act of purification, which takes place at the shrine to the Protecter of the Forest.

stickachu
24th March 2004, 10:53 PM
A good place to purify is at Mt. Battle. If you just unlocked the Relic Stone, you should get there soon.

Ark Chaos
25th March 2004, 12:32 AM
Has anyone else found that it is really easy to purify Pokémon? I'm not far yet (I've only snagged 7 Pokémon), but I already have the bar depleted for 4 of them. And here I was, worrying that it would take forever to purify... now if it was only that easy to make sure I encounter only females and that I don't faint them. *sigh* It makes you miss wild encounters...

Number1ChanseyFan
25th March 2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I was a little surprised at how easy it is to empty the darkness meter, I thought that it was gonna take a lot longer and be a little harder to do, especially when I found out that you could use Celebi one time to completely purify a Pokémon, that kinda made it sound like the purifying process was gonna be pretty complicated. That's ok with me though, it is nice to be able to get the Pokémon's other moves fairly quickly. I was lucky, the Bayleef that I snagged was female, so I'll be able to get some Chikoritas on Ruby/Sapphire soon.

ShockingAlberto
25th March 2004, 12:55 PM
I think the legendaries are probably going to be a bit more difficult to deplete.

Was it a bad choice to not capture Slugma? I really dislike them and they're already available in Hoenn.

-- ShockingAlberto

Number1ChanseyFan
25th March 2004, 02:57 PM
Well, in order to get Ho-oh, you will need to have Snatched and purified all 48 Pokémon. So, it would have been a good idea to have caught Slugma, but you will have another chance to catch it later. To get Ho-oh, you have to enter Battle Mode, then go to option of Registering your Pokemon. Then, register your party of 6 from the Story Mode, which are the 6 you were carrying when you last saved in the Story Mode. Enter Battle Mountain in the Battle Mode, choose either the single (1 vs 1) or double (2 vs 2) battle.You have to defeat all 100 trainers that you face. After you've beaten all 100 trainers, Ho-oh will show up on the screen (with black background), and a message will appear. You will exit battle mountain automatically after confirming the amount of PokéCoupons you've won. When you go back to Scenario Mode and check your PC, you should have a Level 70 Ho-oh

Saturos
25th March 2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Ark Chaos
Has anyone else found that it is really easy to purify Pokémon? I'm not far yet (I've only snagged 7 Pokémon), but I already have the bar depleted for 4 of them. And here I was, worrying that it would take forever to purify... now if it was only that easy to make sure I encounter only females and that I don't faint them. *sigh* It makes you miss wild encounters...

Uh, you're not even close to fully Purifying your Pokemon yet!! Once the Heart Gauge is white, go to the Relic Stone and have Celebi finish the purification!

Number1ChanseyFan
25th March 2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
I think the legendaries are probably going to be a bit more difficult to deplete.

Yeah, it is a lot harder to deplete the darkness meters for the legendaries. I just caught Entei, and it's darkness meter goes down much slower than any of my other Pokémon's. It isn't too hard though, it just takes a little more work. The hard part was actually catching Entei while it was busy Shadow Rushing/Fire Blasting my Pokémon. lol

stickachu
25th March 2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan
Yeah, it is a lot harder to deplete the darkness meters for the legendaries. I just caught Entei, and it's darkness meter goes down much slower than any of my other Pokémon's. It isn't too hard though, it just takes a little more work. The hard part was actually catching Entei while it was busy Shadow Rushing/Fire Blasting my Pokémon. lol

Yeah, friggin Entei kept killing himself... Either with recoil or because his partner camerupt would use earthquake. *sob*

Kari and Mewtwo
26th March 2004, 07:16 PM
so far my strat for catching would be to kill off all the pokemon except for the shadow poke, then weaken. I havent got that far yet (up to after you fix the windmill), so how much longer until i can reach the shrine?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th March 2004, 08:23 PM
After fixing the windmill and winning the battles at the Pyrite Colosseum, you will have to make your way through the Pyrite building and the Pyrite cave and defeat Miror B., and rescue Duking's Plusle. After saving Plusle, you will go back to Duking's house, he will ask you for your P*DA number, and give you his Plusle. Then, on the way out, the fortune teller will tell you about a place to the noth where you can purify Pokémon. (Agate City) Leave Pyrite, and head for Agate. In Agate, once you talk to your partner's grandparents, a guy will run in and say that somebody has entered the Relic Forest. Follow Eagun (the grandfather) to the Relic Forest. The entrance to the Relic Forest is down a little slope to the left of the Pokémon Center. The slope can be a little hard to find. Make your way through the tunnel, and defeat three Cipher workers along the way. When you make it to the Relic Stone, you will see Eagun fighting another Cipher worker. Eagun will lose, and you will have to take over the fight. You can snag a Hitmontop from this trainer. Beat the trainer, and Eagun will take you back to his house. Eagun will tell you to go to Senilor's house and ask him about Celebi. Senilor lives by the PokéMart. Chat with Senilor about Celebi, and then go back to Eagun's house, he will give you the Small Tablet, which tells you about the Relic Stone's purifying powers. On the way out of Eagun's house, you will get an e-mail on your P*DA from Duking explaining about the invasion that is taking place at Mt. Battle. Now, that you have the Small Tablet, you can go to the Relic Stone, and purify any of your Pokémon whose darkness meter has been completely emptied. This is also the place where you can play the Time Flute when you get one, (There are only 2 Time Flutes in the game) and summon Celebi, who will completely purify one of your Shadow Pokémon, no matter how full it's darkness meter is.

Ark Chaos
27th March 2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Saturos
Uh, you're not even close to fully Purifying your Pokemon yet!! Once the Heart Gauge is white, go to the Relic Stone and have Celebi finish the purification!

Yeah, I knew that when I posted. However, having their heart gauge cleared, to me, is having them purified. I just got to the stone today and was happy to finally have 10 more Pokémon that could actually level up. Sad thing is... my Typhlosion is now more powerful than my Espeon and Umbreon. Oh well, I'm just glad so far I've been able to get all females (save Hitmontop and any RS Pokémon).

2 Time Flutes? I thought you only get one. Like the Masterball.

stickachu
27th March 2004, 09:44 AM
You get the second one by using the U-Disk on the UFO in the Under. I think you get the Disk in the subway but i'm not positive.

Ultimate Pikachu
27th March 2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by stickachu
Yeah, friggin Entei kept killing himself... Either with recoil or because his partner camerupt would use earthquake. *sob*

I defeat the other Pokémon before thinking about catching. I got Entei on my second try. On the first try it fainted from recoil. Hope that doesn't happen with Suicune. I'm gonna use Quagsire.

Rabid_Cow
27th March 2004, 01:31 PM
For catching Entei I used Misdrevus (levitate) and Noctowl (flying) to take care of the other pokes. Once I hit Entei on the field I brought in my Hitmontop (already in Hyper Mode) and took out the last guy next to him. That way the opponent couldn't kill itself. Once I got him down a little with Bite from Umbreon I brough in my Ampharos to use Thunder Wave. He was Paralized, and couldn't kill himself! :P This took 3 tries to get him and finally he came to rest in a timer ball.

Suicune wasn't too hard. I used Sunny Day with Entei and my Bayleef to half his Surf's attack. I then used Entei's Bite, and Bayleef's Synthesis to outlast him. Finally when he was in da red I pulled out ol Voltage (Ampharos) and Thunder Waved. I got him in the first Ultra Ball.

I used my Time Flute on my Entei, and my Suicune's takin forever to purify!:mad: O well.:wave:

Saturos
27th March 2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan
Yeah, it is a lot harder to deplete the darkness meters for the legendaries.

It could be, or it's because of their Nature. In my NP Guide, it says that it's Nature affects how long it is to purify and how often they go into Hyper Mode.

Ultimate Pikachu
27th March 2004, 10:36 PM
It could be, or it's because of their Nature. In my NP Guide, it says that it's Nature affects how long it is to purify and how often they go into Hyper Mode.

It might be a combanation of Pokémon and nature. But the door to the heart is closed, is it not?

Number1ChanseyFan
27th March 2004, 10:53 PM

Well, the nature can have an effect on which methods are most effective at emptying the darkness meter, but the darkness meters for all 3 of the legendaries, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, have went down much slower than any of my other Pokémon.