PDA

View Full Version : Post count going down?

Tainted
25th March 2004, 03:34 PM
Confused. My post count appears to keep going down mysteriously... It was at 2090, and then I noticed it was at 2089... So I wondered about it, but just forgot-- then I made a post and made it 2090...

Now it's back at 2088, but it will be at 2089 after this post, and unless I make any more posts before you read this, then it'll remain there... odd...

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Razola
25th March 2004, 03:35 PM
Chances are a mod deleted a thread that had a post of yours in it.

EDIT: And this will probably end up in vB Help.

Tainted
25th March 2004, 03:37 PM
Yes, that's what I figured-- but it's been going on for a while... So unless it's an odd coincidence, well, ... conspiracy theory, people...

Yoh Asakura
25th March 2004, 03:50 PM
Could be board pruning.

Chris
25th March 2004, 04:17 PM
1) There are no conspiracies here.
2) Check your recent posts list. If you see one of your recent posts missing from there, that's where your post count has been going.
3) Moving to vBH. :wave:

The Muffin Man
25th March 2004, 04:29 PM
Prunings don't take away posts, I don't think. Otherwise Ash_300(or whatever the number is) would have lost all his spam posts and be at around 600 posts.

Chris
25th March 2004, 04:31 PM
Hmm? It depends really on what Kevin/Suzie set in the CP. The only reason Ash_300 has so many posts is because all the UBB member files were mass-imported when we got the vB, and the post counts are stored in there...

Zak
25th March 2004, 06:17 PM
Pruning =/= deleting.

See, pruning is done through the mod and admin CPs, and it's just for cleaning up old topics, from the start. However, when it's done, it doesn't take away post count. I never really saw the point in it since it's nice to have an archive. Well, maybe on the UBB bandwidth was an issue, but right now it doesn't really affect it anymore. I have never pruned AD, nor do I intend to. I like an archive from the start of the vB times, at least. Plus, you can SET it not to view from the beginning if it bothers that much.

But anyway, sorry for going off the subject on a rant about pruning. Anyways, deleting posts directly DOES take away postcount. Same goes with deleting topics, and that's basically done directly on the board, just like closing/moving/editing. If anyone remembers the 96 page Shippers prom, that topic was deleted directly before any of the others, and the people who posted in it got those posts subtracted. Serves 'em right :P

Anyway Skullfire, you probably posted in a big topic that got deleted. Did you post in the first Questions Only? That's the only recent one I recall.
Either that, or a post of yours was deleted by someone who didn't like it :P

~Zak

HavoX
25th March 2004, 08:06 PM
Skullfire, did you make any posts in my thread about Benton County banning all marriges yesterday?

Chances are, you might have lost these posts because of me deleting that thread.

Despite the fact that there was a bunch of debating in that thread, I didn't like the fact that people were flaming in there. So I had to delete the thread to prevent further flamewars from developing.

I'm sorry.

Moonlight Espeon
2nd April 2004, 04:02 PM
Hmm.. Funny. I lost at least 70 posts due to pruning in PCG once.

Jay
2nd April 2004, 10:13 PM
Who the **** cares about posts?

I was the cause of most of the loss of the postcount in PCG, since I deleted, not pruned. -_- If you need to ***** about it to someone, it was me. Okay? Stop whining about something that happened ages ago. It's getting old.