PDA

View Full Version : My mostly-in-game water team!!!1one

Ferilian
25th March 2004, 05:44 PM
Well, I've decided to return to an all water team. I think I posted a team just like/similar to this long ago, but that was then and this is now. Ok, I don't have a name, but I'm working on it.

NOTE***This is ingame. I have already made it, this is more of a rate. If you want to fix, NO BREEDING MOVES! I hate breeding and my daycares already full (with a waiting list) for training for my Pokedex. So only MT or TM moves please. Thanks!

SWAMPERT@Shell Bell
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar (I don't really need this in-game, so I want a replacement for this)

A mostly standard set. I want MW cuz he's my favorite and it's his siggy move. Anything that could replace Roar? I never use it ingame, not even in the battle tower.

LUDICOLO@Leftys
-Dive
-Giga Drain
-Rain Dance (with rain dish)
-Ice Beam (I would also like maybe a replacement for this--NOT LEECH SEED!--because most of my team has IB)

This guy combined with Kyogre stays in for a long time. However, I don't know if Ice Beam is a good idea, or if RD is necessary with Kyogre. I am NOT rebreeding another one no matter how good leech seed is. This is only for ingame, so it's not a big deal.

PELLIPER@Chesto Berry/Miracleberry equivalent
-Aerial Ace
-Protect
-Rest
-Supersonic

My somewhat of an annoyer. Annoyers aren't really necessary, but he's fun to use, and effective. It doesn't seem effective, but it works.

SHARPEDO@King's Rock
-Crunch
-Water Pulse
-Skull Bash
-Double Team

I know he has sh***y defense, but my strategy is to DT, Skull Bash (which raises defense), and even WP to confuse. Again, it's odd, but effective.

WALREIN@Chesto Berry
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Rest

Standard Chesto-rest tank.

KYOGRE@Shell Bell
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Thunder
-Calm Mind

Another standard special-sweeper.

So there you have it. Any rates or assistance will be greatly appreciated. And please at least try to follow my guidelines.

EDIT: Changed the images to text. For some reason, it converted them into links and not images, even with the right tags. :(

Ferilian
4th April 2004, 11:40 AM
After several weeks...BUMP

I'm quite suprised how little the replies are here. When I left, the RMTs were most popular! I think it's been long enough where it's fair for me to bump.

phaedrus
4th April 2004, 12:09 PM
hell, i'll rate it.

swampert-endeavor>roar

ludy-you don't need rain dance if you send out kyogre before ludy. toxic>raindance, since i'm not a ludy expert, put anything over ice beam to take advantage of typing, but that's about it.

sharpy-w/ your ms, if it doesn't set up, it's dead, basically. i would go with hydropump-crunch-blizzard-dt/skullbash.

walrein-all too familiar. ok.

kyogre-surf>waterspout.

there ya go.

Ferilian
4th April 2004, 01:00 PM
Ok, I'll make most of those changes, seeing that I rarely used Roar or Rain Dance. However, I don't want to breed Pump onto Sharpedo unless I absolutely have to. How's this set instead?

SHARPEDO@King's Rock/what?
-Crunch
-Protect
-Water Pulse/Surf
-Double Team/Blizzard

Or should I switch it for another poke all-together? I was thinking Crawdaunt. I was also considering trading Walrein out for Milotic or a BPing Gorebyss. How about on of these?

MILOTIC@???
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Mirror Coat/Light Screen
-Recover

~or~

GOREBYSS@Bright Powder
-Surf/Psychic
-Calm Mind/Amnesia
-Agility/Double Team
-Baton Pass

I really need help on this. I just don't want to start over on training, but anything really for a good team!

phaedrus
4th April 2004, 01:07 PM
hm...

milotic>sharpedo

but walrein>gorebyss imo.

really you don't need much bping unless your friends or whatever are legend-psycho. your ludicolo takes care of kyogre, your team kills rayquazzie (XD) and groudon just from typing. you need a physical sweeper.

also, this way, all you have to do is raise a milotic. :D

Ferilian
4th April 2004, 01:27 PM
How about this Physical sweeping Crawdaunt over Walrein?

CRAWDAUNT@Kings Rock
-Crabhammer
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break
-Facade/Sludge Bomb

Is this any good?

phaedrus
4th April 2004, 01:44 PM
your crawdaunt looks ok, but i still think walrein is the best fit.

you need a quaker besides swampy. it helps alot. plus, chesto-resto

Ferilian
4th April 2004, 01:46 PM
What if I put Quake over Sludge Bomb/Facade on Crawdaunt?

phaedrus
4th April 2004, 03:06 PM
hm....personally, i don't like crawdaunt....

also, imo, walrein has the better typing *and* the better options.

Rabid_Cow
4th April 2004, 05:45 PM
Buu, I love your opinions....most of the time. Crawdaunt is HUGE on an all water team. Go with this. I use it, it's not on an all water team, and it works!

Crawdaunt @Scope Lens
-Crab Hammer
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
-Body Slam (I know it's an egg move, but its worth it!)/Facade/Return

I would use this, but instead of droppin your Walrein tank, drop Pelipper. I know that you're probably thinking I'm a moron but hear me out.

Crawdaunt here can't learn Earthquake, so you need someone here that still does. He can learn Aerial Ace which takes care of the flying move, and drops the 2x weakness of Pelipper. Scope Lens to help w/the CH Critical Hit Ratio. It's attack is also HUGE so it doesn't need Swords Dance.

Hope this was of some help. The rest of Buu's opinions are fine IMO.

Ferilian
5th April 2004, 03:45 PM
I need a set for Milotic. I finally got a Modest Feebass, but I don't want to have to breed for a Mirror Coat/Light Screen over and over untill I get another Modest one. Should I do Refresh or Safeguard over MC/LS?

Rabid_Cow
5th April 2004, 09:41 PM
Milotic @Chesto
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Facade
-Rest

If you're not willin to breed for another Modest Feebas go with this. It is perfect to compliment his ability: Marvel Scale. Surf for STAB, Ice Beam for Dragons, Fliers, Grass. Facade is the real kicker here. If he/she/it gets a status ailment it will raise it's Defense. The power of Facade doubles, and when you get really low on HP you can just Rest to get rid of it. Chesto brings it back to action and more special sweepin action! He already has high special defense as is, and he'll be fine w/o LS. MC is optional on him, but I suggest this for a good pokemon without too much extra effort. (besides all that effort tryin to get it to evolve!!!)

Hope this was of some help!