Confuse Ray
Flamethrower
Roar

Alakazam (+Sp. Att -att) @ choice band
Trick
Disable
Recover/Fire Punch
Psychic

So what do you think? I Double Team and swords dance with Ninjask and swtich to Salamence. Then at some point I'll have Gorebyss out who can baton pass defenses to Hariyama or Alakazam. Hariyama belly drums and reverses or e-quakes and hopefully survives with the baton pass. Nintales is the annoyer and another pseudo hazer and Alakazam is self explanatory. He tricks, disables the move, recovers, and attacks or switches.

I know there isn't haze or a rapid spinner, and there aren't any real tanks on my team. It needs a little bit of work and any help would be appreciated. Gracias.

Rabid_Cow
26th March 2004, 07:09 PM
Hey, I helped you with a couple of these movesets so they shouldn't be just terrible...

First off, your strategy sounds like it will work miracles, but once you get down to it you're putting yourself down 2 pokemon instead of 1. (with Baton Pass I mean)

I'll Rate your team, but then I'll talk strategy.

Ninjask- Baton Passer from Hell. That's all there is to it. I like it but Since you're in the need for a tank, and don't have any wear-downers I'll suggest this.

Ninjask@anything
-Toxic
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Endure

I know this looks like you have the worst pokemon in front of you but let me explain this. First turn Toxic. Second Turn Protect. Third turn Endure. Fourth turn Protect. Fifth turn Endure. (I think you get the idea) This will allow you to always get a speed boost at the end of every turn, and also kill almost anything. (no one's speed is higher that you really need to worry about.) After you kill your opponent and they send out let's just say a Blaziken, you can Baton Pass all that speed you got from killin the last guy, and give it to someone who can deal with it properly. This moveset works almost every time, and it's really UU in my opinion.

Salamence- I really think this guy is OU but I'll rate it.

Salamence@anything
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Claw

The only switch I made was with Flamethrower for Crunch. If you see a Glalie, you'll thank me for it. If you run into an Alakazam, or a Gardevoir, you shouldn't be using Crunch against em. What you should do is hammer em with Earthquake or Aerial Ace. This would utilize his amazing Attack stat.

Gorebyss-I like it.

Gorebyss@anything
-Amnesia
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Baton Pass

I think Amnesia fits him a lot better. If you'll look at his stats the defense is a lot higher than his special defense. I know this is used for Baton Passin' but try it. I think you'll like it. Ice beam b/c you need one of those somewhere on your team for other Salamence or his dragon buddies.

Hariama- It's alright, but it definetally needs 2 things. Get baton passed some defense, and get Leftovers on him. I'd suggest this, but you don't have to use it.

Hariyama @Scope Lens
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
-Counter
-Whirlwind

This would work like a charm, but it kind of throws your strategy down the drain. It's up to you.

Ninetales- Get a Timid one (+spd -atk). It'll help you roar off those water baddies faster than you could imagine. Otherwise perfect. (He's a pseudohazer cause he can Roar off any stat advantages they've created!)

Alakazam- Ok, do you know what Choice Band does? It raises the attack of the move by 1.5 and they have to repeat it. This sounds GREAT in theory, but in actuality Alakazam has no staying power against an earthquake or return or any other physical move for that matter. If you were to Trick to let's just say a Hariyama, you'd be dead meat. I suggest if you wanna do the disable + trick/band do this instead.

Alakazam@anything (which opens you up for a berry or somethin)
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Encore
-Disable

Ok, if you have a problem with this moveset please tell me. It works and that's all there is to it. No multiplying the encored move by 1.5, and you still can disable it just as easily. They have to repeat that unusuable move 3-6 times, and this guy should be able to take anything down by then. The biggest + in this whole thing is that you can use it over and over. Not just against one poke. I see about 3 advantages here, and I don't see any real advantage with the Trick/Band on this guy. If you have one, please tell me. I use this Encore/Disable Alakazam on my team, and all I can say is WOW. It should be banned, but it isn't.

Also, the move Recover isn't needed as much as it would have been with Trick/Band, so you can make this guy a special sweeper with Fire Punch. I use it, and I'd recommend you do too.

Now onto strategy. I could see you using both Baton Passers, but you have to realize if you Baton Pass to any of your guys, and they don't live, you're in trouble. Baton Passing is really meant for tanks if you're gonna use a Gorbyss with it, and Ninjask is good with anyone.

I'd suggest keeping Ninjask, but replacing your Gorebyss with someone that could help you out a little more. What about this?

Walrein @Chesto
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Rest

If you Baton Pass your Ninjask's speed boost to this guy he's literally almost invincible. He'll last a lot longer than most waters with a Chesto Rest too. 2 STABs and Earthquake rounds out a perfect sweeper. If you wanted you could go for a -Spd nature b/c of Ninjask's BP.

Hope this was of some help!:wave:

Dragon God
28th March 2004, 12:38 AM
Wow, thank you so much for all the advice. I must say it is some of the best stuff i have ever heard.

Now, I have some quesions such as how do i get protect and endure on to my Ninjask? How do I get encore on to my Alakazam? And how do I get flamethrower on Salamence (or do I have to get money to buy the TM from Game Corner).

Now i think i am going to keep gorebyss's set and Hariyama, but your advice is really good and I'll keep it in mind. Anyway, if you could help me with these questions, it would really help me a lot. THANK YOU o sacred diseased cow.

phaedrus
28th March 2004, 05:40 PM
Ninetales- Get a Timid one (+spd -atk). It'll help you roar off those water baddies faster than you could imagine. Otherwise perfect. (He's a pseudohazer cause he can Roar off any stat advantages they've created!)

1. Roar always goes last.
2. Ninetales are always females.
3. The set would need either a +sp.atk or a +sp.def personality. +sp.atk for dealing more damage, or +sp.def if you intend to survive water, but +def would be better than that. +spd can work too, but it doesn't help for roar. I myself use +sp.atk

Rabid_Cow
30th March 2004, 07:10 PM
1. Roar always goes last.
WHAT? Roar goes early if used for pseudohazing. If a tank is out there using acid armor, or calm mind, or somethin like that, then you use it to get rid of their hard earned work.

2. Ninetales are always females.
You are full of it. Absolutelly full of it. My Ninetales is Male. Do not argue that with me.

Now, I have some quesions such as how do i get protect and endure on to my Ninjask?
This one is easy. Raise a Heracross to level 11. Then breed it with a female Nincada (or rest of family.)

How do I get encore on to my Alakazam?
Raise an Illumise to level 25. Then breed it over to an Alakazam (again or rest of family) They're at Route 117, and if you're playing Ruby, there's an abundance, but if you're playin Sapphire, you'll have to look for a little while.

how do I get flamethrower on Salamence (or do I have to get money to buy the TM from Game Corner).
Yeah, you can get it in the Game Corner, OR you can breed it onto it from any member of the Dragon breeding group.

If you have any more questions just feel free to ask me. I respond to PM's so if you want you can get in touch with me there too. I like your team, but I have just ONE question. Did I make your day, you said I would!

I also thought of something I do with my Ninjask that I forgot to mention. If you attach a berry that raises a stat (don't use a salac for speed, he's got speed boost for that) that bonus will be passed onto the recipient. The glory of this berry trick is that Ninjask uses endure. This ENSURES that you will get that little bonus here too!

Hey talk to ya later, PM me if you want.

phaedrus
30th March 2004, 10:26 PM
WHAT? Roar goes early if used for pseudohazing. If a tank is out there using acid armor, or calm mind, or somethin like that, then you use it to get rid of their hard earned work.

Pseudohazing moves, such as Roar and Whirlwind, always go last. It's been proven before. It was like that since GSC, and it stays the same now.

When I used my lvl52 Skarmory against Sidney's lvl47 Cacturne:

Skarmory used Toxic!
Cacturne used Faint Attack!
Cacturne used Faint Attack!
Skarmory used Roar!

Skarmory is liek 1234802458710 times faster than Cacturne.

Maybe I was wrong on the gender deal, but it certainly seems like it should be all female.

GirlRepellant
31st March 2004, 12:48 PM
Just a note: Endure and Protect run off the same counter. So if you use Endure one turn, there's only a 50% chance of Protect working the next turn, then a 25% chance that Endure'll work the turn after that. Savvy?

Rabid_Cow
31st March 2004, 08:55 PM
Pseudohazing moves, such as Roar and Whirlwind, always go last. It's been proven before. It was like that since GSC, and it stays the same now. Sorry, I thought you were meaning that you use it as a last resort. I agree with you on the going 2nd in battle, but I thought you meant use it as a last resort.

Maybe I was wrong on the gender deal, but it certainly seems like it should be all female. He He He. You made me remember Sabrina's Mr. Mime in G/S/C! He He He.

Just a note: Endure and Protect run off the same counter. No.......Protect works on it's own counter seperate from Endure. I use my Ninjask with this moveset in In-Game battles, so if that's why it works for me, please tell me. I'm gonna go try it on colloseum and I'll get back with you on it.

Also I found a mistake within a previous post of mine. Alakazam gets Encore from THIS chain:

Plusle--->Pikachu--->Spinda--->Abra

Sorry about the whole Illumise thing. That was off the top of my head, and I forgot it's only female. Sorry again.

See ya folks!:wave:

rinku
31st March 2004, 10:41 PM
Vulpix/Ninetales are 1/8 or 1/16 male, IIRC.

I'd question Leftovers on Ninjask. It really can't take much of a hit anyway - you might get more legs out of Brightpowder or a recovery berry, especially leading with Double Team.