PDA

View Full Version : TPM Game Night

Razola
26th March 2004, 01:30 AM
I'm going to try to organize a game night for all TPMers to get on their PCs and play once a week.

Chances are it'll be Friday or Saturday nights, and we'll choose a different game each week.

I'm thinking this might also be a place where you can find a person or two to play. I've listed the people interested, and their free time. People with 56ks have also been marked.

When We Can Play
Raz
Anytime, Weekends
Red Angel (56k)
Anytime?, Fri./Sat.
HealdPK
20:00GMT to 0:00GMT, Fri./Sat.
GreenShirt
Anytime, Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday
The Muffin Man
Anytime, Friday/Saturday
Kool Dudy
Anytime, Friday/Saturday

Red Angel
26th March 2004, 01:38 AM
I like the idea, but...

<pokes 56k modem>

... my connection sucks, so I'll be looking out for when you decide to play Starcraft or something else that I can run over 56k :(

And Friday-Saturday nights sounds good, but the problem is time zones... so the timing would all be out of whack... I'm on PST myself.

Heald
27th March 2004, 05:02 AM
I think what would be most appropriate is if everyone puts a list of their multiplayer games that others will likely have.

However, I'll probably not be able to join in since I'm a UK player...unless you held the games on a Friday of Saturday afternoon/evening.

Anyway, here's a sample of my impressive games collection:

Warcraft III + The Frozen Throne
Starcraft + Brood War
Battlefield: Vietnam
Medieval: Total War + Viking Invasion
Mechwarrior 4 - Vengeance
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II
Star Wars: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Galatic Battlegrounds + Clone Campaigns
Neverwinter Nights

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Red Angel
27th March 2004, 11:07 AM
Well, let me know if you're playing Starcraft (original or Brood War) or Warcraft III (original of The Frozen Throne)

<pokes game collection>

Yeah, it's limilted.

Razola
27th March 2004, 11:27 AM
We'll probably be playing a lot of free games that aren't too performance intensive as well. Like Soldat or Gunbound (both of which are free).

The Muffin Man
27th March 2004, 01:16 PM
Like I said in other forums/topics, if you play Splinter Cell, make sure it doesn't take 10 and a half seconds to find the game ;)

Razola
27th March 2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Like I said in other forums/topics, if you play Splinter Cell, make sure it doesn't take 10 and a half seconds to find the game ;)
The games for TPM would be named thus, so the search button wouldn't be used.

Damn that limited budget.

The Muffin Man
27th March 2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Raz
The games for TPM would be named thus, so the search button wouldn't be used.

Damn that limited budget.

Yeah, kinda ironic it happened half a second after they had enough in the budget for.

I still say it's those lazy bastards who can't find a game within 10 seconds!

Razola
27th March 2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by HealdPK
However, I'll probably not be able to join in since I'm a UK player...unless you held the games on a Friday of Saturday afternoon/evening.
It depends on when other people are availabe. Just post the time and day you are free (and the time zone, of course) and I'll work it out.

Heald
27th March 2004, 05:56 PM
Meh. Hmm, let's see...

How about 20:00GMT to 0:00GMT, Friday and Saturday. Those are pretty much my basic times, although I sometimes make special cases for past 0:00GMT for JK2 tournaments.

Red Angel
27th March 2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Raz
We'll probably be playing a lot of free games that aren't too performance intensive as well. Like Soldat or Gunbound (both of which are free).

... and near-impossible to download with a 56k modem :(

I'm good for Warcraft III of Starcraft Friday and Saturday nights on... er... you know... west-coast of North America. Whatever the timezone is called.

Razola
28th March 2004, 12:27 AM
Let the thing download overnight or during your large spots of free-time.

The Muffin Man
28th March 2004, 08:20 PM
If we play Team Games in Starcraft I'm all for it. I'll find a copy of Starcraft SOMEWHERE...

But I warn you, I havn't played in ages so I'm most likely rusty...

Razola
28th March 2004, 08:24 PM
I need the times you are available, so I can find a suitable day and time for us to play.

GreenShirT
29th March 2004, 07:19 PM
I am done with that and have alot of the best online games.

Friday nights I usually go out, Sat and Wed I work till 10pm but everyother night is good for me. :}

The Muffin Man
29th March 2004, 08:30 PM
Sunday thru Thursday, 4:00PM - 10:30PM, as late as it can go for Friday and Saturday. Just get someone to IM me before the games and crap.

Red Angel
30th March 2004, 12:05 AM
Just to clarify, I'm good most nights from 9 to 11 as well as weekend mornings 7 to 9. The time zone is GMT -8.

MetalScyther
30th March 2004, 07:35 PM
Wow, makes me wish I had internet back at my house again :[ I didn't know other doods still played starcraft still, I was playing that two hours a day a few months ago, if I ever get my internet back I'll say something and I'll play sc with someone - I'm damn good at that game, no joke(this is what happens when you play a game on and off for years).

Razola
2nd April 2004, 02:27 AM
The first game night has been posted. If anyone else is interested in participating, feel free to sign up here, and I'll give you more information.

Dark Scizor
5th April 2004, 11:16 PM
All i play at the moment is America's Army :P lol

But I do gots Warcraft III: TFT, so if you wanna game on that you got it ;)

(on one kick ass 56k lol )

Razola
5th April 2004, 11:37 PM
Rather than make a new thread we'll try again for a game night.

Not this weekend (I will be out of town), but next weekend we'll have a Game Night at around 8 p.m. EST Friday and Saturday. The game will be Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Kool Dudy
6th April 2004, 10:51 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Counter Strike?

I know it's not free but I think most of you guys would own this game.

I would play....just PM me or I might check this topic from time to time.

I'll play on Friday and weekends.

The Muffin Man
8th April 2004, 09:17 PM
I have little interest in Counterstrike. Although I might pick up Halflife just for the hell of it...

Pichu
12th April 2004, 02:17 AM
I am available for this maybe ... though my PC had just infected with a terrible devastating virus ... I have to redownload everything. -.-

I play probably some free games, such as Survival Project, Gunbound, Fairyland, Soldat(downloaded, but haven't installed), ... and many others.

I don't play those games that require a CD and require money, such as Starcraft, etc. I know that SC is like 20 bucks now, but I can't get em, due to family reasons ...

So! ... I basically available on mornings, oh yes, that is pacific time. And sometimes, late at night. =P

Imhere4u2die
14th April 2004, 06:07 PM
I'll be on a LOT through this week, because it's spring break for me. (Week of april 11-17) I have a good and fast connection, but it varies a lot. I play WarCraft III: TFT. I'm also up for Brood War, but my account is gone and I don't play anymore really. My WC SN is Imhere4u2die, and I'll be able to play almost anytime during Friday/Saturday. I'd need to know about it a day before or so, to make sure I can have access to a computer.

P.S. If you could tell us what your SNs for the games our, that would be great. (So we can add to friend/buddy list, etc.)

Razola
15th April 2004, 03:30 PM
P.S. If you could tell us what your SNs for the games our, that would be great. (So we can add to friend/buddy list, etc.)
Get X-Fire, it's very handy for stuff like that.

Imhere4u2die
16th April 2004, 05:21 PM
Whats X-Fire?

Edit: Will it be on the Azeroth gateway?

Razola
16th April 2004, 05:23 PM
X-Fire (www.xfire.com) is an Instant Messanger program that lists what games your buddies are playing. Very nifty.

Yeah, Az is the place.

Sarcastic Assassin
20th April 2004, 03:35 PM
Time: For me, mostly any time after 7-8. I usually don't play from 10-11, but I am available then.

Games: Quake III Arena (demo...), Unreal Tournament 2004 (demo...), Starcraft (no Brood Wars). My SN for all of them is DeusXIII.

Dark Scizor
24th April 2004, 10:14 PM
Well, i missed the WCIII:TFT and the chance to get owned since i haven't played for 2 months lol.

Well, i have been playing...America's Army, Warcraft III:The Frozen throne (again), Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and Command & Conquer RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, if i ever install them lol

Free times would usually be 6:00-10:30p.m. on Monday-Thursday and pretty much all of Friday-Sunday upto about 4:00a.m. (All times in GMT)

Most usernames will have something to do with "Tabris"

Just got that X-fire, username mentioned above lol

bb88
2nd May 2004, 09:10 AM
Hmm.. I could (and would) definately play some Diablo II Exp. if that were to be set-up. I also have Starcraft that a friend gave me but I never got around to playing it, so I could do that, too.

Razola
29th May 2004, 07:55 PM
Unstickied because it's not going anywhere. Maybe in the fall when I have more time to organize.

But feel free to try and organize gaming get-togethers here.

pokemasterfrank
29th May 2004, 08:06 PM
I'd like to participate :o I have Halo Demo, UT2004 Demo, and Gunbound. I also have Survival Project International Version...though it doesn't seem to work anymore o_O I'm usually avaliable on Weekdays from 4PM-10PM PST and almost anytime on the weekends. Summer counts as a weekend, lol :o

Hmm...TPM Haloness would be quite good :D

EDIT:
@Raz: I can still post my damn information for all who want to play, right >_>

Razola
29th May 2004, 08:07 PM
Did you even read my post?

Geez...

phaedrus
30th May 2004, 01:48 PM
Hmm.. I could (and would) definately play some Diablo II Exp. if that were to be set-up. I also have Starcraft that a friend gave me but I never got around to playing it, so I could do that, too.

meh i'm starting a starcraft clan starting the 15th of june.

i could do d2:lod but i'm too lazy and i'm tired of getting hacked and scammed.

PNT510
30th May 2004, 03:22 PM
It's hard to get hacked/scammed in diablo 2 if you're careful.