PDA

View Full Version : How do you split EVs and how do u split DVs ?

Loupeitak
26th March 2004, 02:30 AM
Well, the questions are at the topic's name.

Bob54321
26th March 2004, 02:38 AM
I'll answer the DV part... you don't - DV are the same as IVs i.e. the "genes" a pokemon gets whenits created, you can't change these directly (indirectly through breeding).

Loupeitak
26th March 2004, 04:37 AM
then how is it possible to get the DV's u want ?

Don't Run With Scizors
26th March 2004, 12:45 PM
This is how. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26809)

Loupeitak
26th March 2004, 08:37 PM
ok thanks. Now i know the DV's. But what about EV's ?

Poryhedron
26th March 2004, 09:30 PM
EVs, Effort Values, are like another form of XP. Every pokémon you faint gives those who faced it a certain number of Effort Points that go toward certain stats; for example, knocking out a Zigzagoon is worth 1 Speed EP, while bringing down a Dusclops wins you 2 Special Defense EP and 1 physical Defense EP. Unlike XP, EP are not divided among the participants; every battler gets the full count. Even noncombatants holding an Exp. Share get EP (which I personally find to be a mistake on Nintendo's part, but it certainly does make EV-training easier.)
There are two caps on EVs that you should be aware of. First, no single EV can be greater than 255; second, a pokémon's six EVs (one for each stat, including HP) cannot total more than 510. This means it's impossible to max out more than two stats...a fact that played a crucial role in defining the RS metagame.

Loupeitak
26th March 2004, 09:33 PM
Is there any list on batting pokemon to gain EV's ?

Poryhedron
26th March 2004, 09:39 PM
Absolutely. Try GameFAQs; their "Advanced Trainer Guide" written by Ken Egervari has a list sorted by stat.

Loupeitak
27th March 2004, 01:24 AM
thanks alot man :)