PDA

View Full Version : Ep. #346 Petalburg Gym Battle! Five Badges!

have a stammer
26th March 2004, 10:13 AM
Well time now for the much annticapated Rematch at the Petalburg gym. But the title is such a mystery... does Ash win?

Anyway the clip starts off in the gym Ash trades some words Norman trades some words back and we get strait to the battling. First up Torkoal vs. Slakoth, while Torkoal uses a flamethrower slakoth uses some projectile attack coming from his mouth that collides with our fire friends attack (any ideas on Slakoths attack? Im drawing a blank.) Next is the rematch of Pikachu vs. Vigoroth, pikachu uses iron tail and vigoroth blocks it. And finally it comes down to Grovyle vs. Slaking. how perfect... and somewhat expected. We see grovyle glow with a green ambition. Glares are exchanged and before the clip ends Slaking releases a hyper beam while grovyle counters with a bullet seed the 2 attacks strike and END.

thoughts

As expected Norman has the entire Slaking line as his pokes, would have been nice to see a linoone, or a Ursaring but oh well. Although it looks like pretty much a routine gym battle, there is the fact this is Grovyles first gym battle since it evolved. Although gym battles our always nice this one will be even better for me, seeing the speedy grovyle take down the slow Slaking will be pure enjoyment. (I love fast pokemon and my fav. poke is Sceptile) I dragged that out, but really there isn't much to say about gym battles, we know Ash wins, but it should be nice to see. Anyway stammer and stammer on.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/070.jpg
Ash has something to say! but it's only worth half a screen.

JazzJazz
26th March 2004, 01:42 PM
Wasn't there some talk about pikachu facing slakoth to begin with and having trouble with its speed? I watched the clip and saw torkoal facing slakoth, but I just remember that little summary from Palette... perhaps Ash switches early.

Andrew
27th March 2004, 12:17 AM
Poor pathetic Tailow. If it knew a projectile attack, it could simply play keepaway and take down Norman's Pokemon all quite easily. But then again, Ash really doesn't care about the bird. Heh. We all know Pikachu will get its revenge. I think Toarkoal will lose. And Grovyle will most definately win.

After all Ash did unfairly favour his Charizard sometimes when he had it. Ie that Orange Islands episode where Snorlax's ball breaks. Heh. It was just a dang Gloom. Bulba and Snorlax could've taken it out (In fact, from memory, Snorlax almost ate it too. hee... I miss those Orange Islands)

AKA Pokemon Fan
27th March 2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by have a stammer
there is the fact this is Grovyles first gym battle since it evolved. Although gym battles our always nice this one will be even better for me, seeing the speedy grovyle take down the slow Slaking will be pure enjoyment. (I love fast pokemon and my fav. poke is Sceptile) I dragged that out, but really there isn't much to say about gym battles, we know Ash wins, but it should be nice to see. Anyway stammer and stammer on.

I doubt Grovyle will have an easy time as despite its Truant Ability Slaking is quite fast in the games at least.

Also, there is some speculation that the "glow" is Grovyle's Overgrow Ability showing itself. If so that means Grovyle's attacks will get a fifty percent power boost.