PDA

View Full Version : rmt

camerupt_girl
26th March 2004, 11:06 AM
I am new to this website, but not a newb to pokemon. Many thanks to my brother, Rabid Cow. He helped me a lot with my team. But the only problem is that he can build his team around what can beat mine! lol!

Whiscash
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Spark
- Icebeam

Camerupt
- Eruption
- Earthquake
- Overheat
- Amnesia

Raichu
- ThunderWave
- Return
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder

Salamence
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Aerial Ace

Cacturne
- Needle Arm
- Teeter Dance
- Hyper Beam
- Ingrain

Seviper
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Swager

Any help would make a difference.

Rabid_Cow
26th March 2004, 07:40 PM
If I'd helped a lot with your team sis, you'd have gone with my suggestions.

Whiscash-I like this guy a lot. Covers all of his weaknesses.

Camerupt-Go with this

Camerupt@anything
-Earthquake
-Overheat
-Rock Slide/Body Slam
-Amnesia

Don't need 2 STABs, plus Eruption's power goes down when his HP is lower. Body Slam would help counter his low speed.

Raichu- Don't need more than one of the same STAB.

Raichu@anything
-Return
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Sweet Kiss/Reversal

This would work like a charm for you. Sweet Kiss would confuse, and when his HP was low you could use Reversal. It's up to you really.

Salamence- Magnifique, perfect, OU.

Cacturne- Ingrain is nice here. Good choice over Leech Seed.

Cacturne@Anything
-Faint Attack
-Needle Arm
-Teeter Dance
-Ingrain

Ingrain prevents pseudohazin', 2 STABs and Teeter Dance is nice for confusion. Good Job here.

Seviper-Nice. I was wondering about using one, and his Shed Skin would come in handy for you. I think this moveset is fine, but I really need to try using one before I give you too much advice here.

Solid team overall, just a few minor adjustments here and there.

Hope I helped!:wave:

Sceptile_Master
28th March 2004, 03:11 PM
Hmm.

Wiscash-Magnificent cover of waknesses here. 10/10

Camerupt-Not bad. But I suggest Eruption over overheat. After the first overheat the rest aren't even worth bothering with. Eruption uses the % of your full health full health for the 5 of eruption's 150 power rating. Make it hold a focus band. Amnesia is good as it will help you not to die. 8/10

Raichu- get rid of thunder for sweet kiss, calm mind or bulk up. I don'y know if it can learn the last two but if it can, chaching. They will help it survive on its low defense. 7/10.

Salamence- Its all good. Make it hold a dragon fang. It's the same moveset as my dragonite but I have roar over flamethrower just in case. Keep flamethrower though equally. Just do what your heart tells you. 10/10

Cacturne- Never used one but not bad. Not enough STAB though. 6/10

Seviper- Your taking on a heavy burden training a Seviper. They take 1,640,000 EXP to reach lv 100. Thats the most a pokemon can take to reach lv 100. I know I have got one at lv 100. Its name is Snakey. Good moveset but I would have crunch over swagger. 9/10

Keep it up. It could beat your brothers team if you keep working. Building a team around your brother or sister's one is pointless. It leaves you wide open to other opponents. I never stop until I get a perfect lv 100 team on every pokemon game I get. Keep going. Bye.:wave:

NajicaHiragi
29th March 2004, 08:11 PM
For your Raichu you shouldn't have that many thunder moves.
You should get rid of Either Thunder or Thunder wave.
Thunderwave because thunderbolt can parylyze a pokemon in 1 to 3 turns most of the times.And thunder because you cant depend on it to hit every time.I once went 3 turns in a row with it missing.

To make Thunderbolt stronger use a hold item that increases thunder abilities or special attack.

Ferilian
29th March 2004, 08:57 PM
The rest seem fine, but might I suggest dropping Cacturne? Unless you really want it, I would push you against it. It can be OK, but there are better grass choices out there. And also, though Ingrain can help stop phasing, there is nothing that phasing would mess up with him. It would only make him vulnerable, because once you beat your opponent, chances are they'd send out something that could kill him. And if you had used Ingrain, you wouldn't be able to switch out.

Other grass-type-wise, here are some ideas. If you didn't mind another water type, you could go with Ludicolo. His only weaknesses are Flying, Bug, and Poison, which don't pose any problem to just about anyone else on your team. You could do:

Ludicolo@Leftovers
(Rain Dish)
-Giga Drain
-Dive
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance

It might cause problems for Camerupt or any other fire attacks, but this set would make it almost impossible for him to faint. You could also do this one if you aren't into Rain Dish and his staying power:

Ludicolo@anything
(Swift Swim)
-Surf/Solar Beam
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance/Sunny Day
-anything

If you wanted Solar Beam, you'd go Sunny day and vice versa. There are other choices, but I'll only give you those if you're seriously considering dropping Cacturne. Or, if you're team has a particular strategy that I missed, that would change things too. Hope I helped!

camerupt_girl
30th March 2004, 07:41 PM
i like the ludicolo idea! Water's great, but has a few weaknesses, and i don't care tho. i think i will use the second moveset. and i am pretty sure that thunderwave will be gone by the time im on this site next time. thanks for the help on my raichu, and cacturne. i shall change the moves. The only question i have is, what move should i put in the place of thunderwave on my raichu? :confused:

see ya! :wave:

Loupeitak
30th March 2004, 07:52 PM
DONOT TAKE OUT THUNDER WAVE!!! I REPEAT: DO NOT TAKE OUT THUNDER WAVE!!!

Instead take out Thunder coz u already have thunderbolt which is more than enough. On its place u could use attract or something. Attract could work wonder along with thunder wave.

NajicaHiragi
31st March 2004, 02:06 AM
Attract and Thunderwave will be a very good strategy, but because of Raichu's static there is a big chance if a pokemon does a physical attack that, that pokemon may get parylyzed.
Some Raichu's don't have this(I haven't seen one who hasn't but you may never know)

Raichu@magnet, static

Thunderbolt
Attract
double team
Strength/brick break