PDA

View Full Version : Fire/Leaf Parasect?

Poryhedron
26th March 2004, 06:10 PM
In Red/Blue, one of the diverse species of pokémon living in Cerulean Cave was Parasect, and in that place it was a high enough level to use Spore on you. There weren't any there in Yellow, but in Gold/Silver you could once again find wild Spore-using Parasect in Mt. Silver if you knew where to look. This was a good thing because it made it easier to teach Spore to Smeargle.

Now, in RSFL, there's a new, very good reason to teach Spore to Smeargle; both of the natural Spore-learners, Paras and Shroomish, have the special ability Effect Spore, and there's not much that's more annoying than whittling a target down to 1 HP only to have it wake up, hit you, poison itself and faint in the blink of an eye. So, my question is, have there been any sightings of wild Parasect in high-level areas of Fire Red/Leaf Green? I'm not holding out hope for Shroomish because it's clearly a forest pokémon, not a cave pokémon, and since when have there ever been high-level forests?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th March 2004, 06:54 PM
Well, there are no Shroomish/Breloom in Fire Red/Leaf Green. Wild Parasect are found in the Safari Zone and in the Unknown Dungeon (The cave by Cerulean City where Mewtwo resides). Parasect in the Safari Zone won't help you teach your Smeargle Spore, but the ones in the Unknown Dungeon should know Spore, and considering that Parasect learns Spore at Level 27, their level will be high enough so that they should know Spore.

Poryhedron
26th March 2004, 07:51 PM
Well, there are no Shroomish/Breloom in Fire Red/Leaf Green.
Not even on any of the islands? I know you're stuck with the original 151 until you beat the Elite Four...how many of the later new species can be found on the Islands? Or is it just the special-event Legendaries?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th March 2004, 07:59 PM
You will have to trade over the Hoenn Pokémon from Ruby/Sapphire to Fire Red/Leaf Green. The only Pokémon that can be caught in the wild in Fire Red/Leaf Green that isn't one of the first 251 is Deoxys, and it can't be caught without using a cheating device yet, since you need an Aurora Ticket to get to Island 9, where Deoxys is. As of now, the Aurora Ticket is not available. Basically, the islands just contain a mix of the Kanto and Johto Pokémon.

Gagome
27th March 2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Poryhedron
..., but in Gold/Silver you could once again find wild Spore-using Parasect in Mt. Silver if you knew where to look. ....
Where in Mt.Silver are Parasect? I have played Gold very completely but never saw a Parasect in Mt.Silver.

Poryhedron
27th March 2004, 10:31 AM
You can find them during the day in places where you can find Misdreavus at night. The two small rooms at the tops of waterfalls are great places for Parasect/Misdreavus.

Gagome
28th March 2004, 09:23 AM
OK, I looked at a Pokedex in the web and yes you are basically right. But only for Crystal. In Gold/Silver are no Parasect in Mt.Silver.

Poryhedron
28th March 2004, 03:36 PM
Oh? Nuts. Oh well.

Ultimate Pikachu
28th March 2004, 07:45 PM
But doesn't Butterfree have Compound Eyes, which increases accuracy by 30%, and Sleep Powder has 75% accuracy?

Poryhedron
29th March 2004, 08:11 PM
Good point. Unfortunately, Butterfree can't learn False Swipe, and while it's possible to put False Swipe and the sleep move on different pokémon (I used a Swiping Ninjask and a Yawning Gulpin for a while,) it's really a major improvement on the system to be able to have the same pokémon do both jobs so you don't lose turns switching. So, can you name any pokémon who have CompoundEyes, can learn or be bred a sleep move of 75% accuracy or better, and can learn or be bred False Swipe?

Dark Sage
4th April 2004, 09:53 PM
Once you have a Parasect that knows Spore (it learns that move naturally at a MUCH lower level than Shroomish - twenty-something, I believe - and you can evolve Paras into Parasect and it will still learn it) you can get a Spore Shroomish easier than when just using two Shroomish. All you need is to level up ONE Shroomish to Level 54, mate with the Parasect, and there you go. Breloom with Spore. Much easier than leveling up two Shroomish to 54.

- Venusaur